Page 143 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2855
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    plus it was a different time period.

Stuff spreads FAST now. Something like that would blow up, go viral, be on everyones radar not just people who get on specific websites/magazines/tv shows.

Stuff spreads fast but also burn out fast. This r kelley thing is going to have to get big enough to reach a certain point or it is going ot disappear again when people get bored. It will have to reach the police, they will actually have to care, some of the victims are going ot have to talk, and only then will it have a lasting effect (maybe) as the police don't get "bored."
    Race will play a role if this does not die down. Not to beat a dead horse, but the women are black, so some amount of victim blaming will always take place. Black men have longed been stereotyped as sexual predators/deviants. Kelly will never shake that stigma. Until now, most people just made jokes about R. Kelly. Now, everyone is aware of just how serious this is. It mostly depends on if the general population, aka white folks, will care enough to want to see him burn. R. Kelly is not on the level of Cosby.

I do believe R. Kelly has a decent chance to survive this. With people gearing up for the next presidential election, daily Trump drama, the economy, and other events (funny how all that ties into Trump), Kelly might be able to creep back into the closet with no threats to his liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If you omit the bald description, you could easily be talking about Slade Wilson.
    Slades a villain though. He is supposed to suck.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Michael Jackson's Alleged Child Sexual Abuse Is the Subject of a New Documentary
    https://themuse.jezebel.com/michael-...ubj-1831630093
    my mind flips on this constantly.

I am currently in the "he's a weirdo but not a pedo" category but it isn't solid lol.

But... dudes dead. Not sure what the point of this is.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I actually wonder if this R. Kelly stuff will pour into comics.

As much as people talk about Kitty Pryde's love life, not much stigma has followed her various male suitors. However, the Pym-slap has followed Hank Pym for decades.

I am sure DC will continue the bury the Hal Jordan/Arisia relationship.

But I keep looking at Slade Wilson, and the never-ending attempts by DC to elevate his character despite him being a true Chester the Child Molester.

Too bad Wolfman didn't know that. He honestly thought Slade was, at worst, a tragic anti hero. If you watch a DVD extra on the Teen Titans: Judas Contract movie, he clearly saw Slade as the victim not Terra.

I actually wonder if this R. Kelly stuff will pour into comics.

As much as people talk about Kitty Pryde's love life, not much stigma has followed her various male suitors. However, the Pym-slap has followed Hank Pym for decades.

I am sure DC will continue the bury the Hal Jordan/Arisia relationship.

But I keep looking at Slade Wilson, and the never-ending attempts by DC to elevate his character despite him being a true Chester the Child Molester.
    I hope it doesn't for the simple fact that superhero comics in general suck at dealing with sex crimes and the fallout. See Identity Crisis, Devin Grayson's Nightwing, Wolfman's Titans, Morrison's X-Men, Morrison's Batman etc.

Extraordinary Member

True, but DC puts in the effort to make Slade.....cool.

True, but DC puts in the effort to make Slade.....cool.
    Maybe Slade is just a man of culture nad realizes 14 years old can be mature adults!

Extraordinary Member

To me, Slade is as much a pariah as Arthur Light.

Now, I have "bump & grind" in my head.

I can't shake this image of a live action film starring Slade & Light....directed by Zack Snyder.....with the soundtrack provided by....you guessed it....R. Kelly!

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Slade is just a man of culture nad realizes 14 years old can be mature adults!

Extraordinary Member

Just replace Aaliyah & Kelly with Terra & Deathstroke.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

God I hate that album cover.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Shuri, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern
    Lion Forge: Rolled and Told

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    God I hate that album cover.
    It's strange, back when this came out, I like a lot of people wasn't even 18 at the time. I guess when you are young like that you assume adults would somehow have vetted this whole thing. Instead it was just the first speed bump.

I guess Rob had a birthday celebration in the Chi yesterday and it wasn't short on attendees.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It's strange, back when this came out, I like a lot of people wasn't even 18 at the time. I guess when you are young like that you assume adults would somehow have vetted this whole thing. Instead it was just the first speed bump.

I guess Rob had a birthday celebration in the Chi yesterday and it wasn't short on attendees.
    I was 13, and I remember my parents just liked the song. But once news about how old Aaliyah was hit and her being married to R. Kelly, I vividly remember my dad chucking this album and 12 Play in the trash.

He was furious.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Shuri, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern
    Lion Forge: Rolled and Told

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Art by Matari Bain
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

For the NFL and its racist ass fans peaceful protest against White Supremacy is worse than actual murder and mayhem. --Vic Vega

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

Art by Matari Bain
    That is a great image.