Page 536 of 826 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 12380

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    if black superman fall to earth in a spaceship and lands in a weed farm, Imma laugh my ass off.

Maybe the spaceship can have rims on it too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    if black superman fall to earth in a spaceship and lands in a weed farm, Imma laugh my ass off.

Maybe the spaceship can have rims on it too.
    Oh, for fucks' sake, Mind! <throws hands up> It's outrighted stated the farm outright has a family lineage. So I doubt weed was the first and only thing grown there. And even if it was, the crop in question is legit - past stigma be damned.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-06-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Or they could just hire a new actor.
    The simplest and most sensible solution. And if they feel its too soon after Boseman's death, they could've set BP2 during the blip when BP wasn't around, and then have the new T'challa in BP3. But one of the weirdest suggestions (beyond Killmonger suddenly being a hero lol) I've seen is people saying they should bring over a T'challa from another world via multiverse stuff. Why go that convoluted route, when they can simply just have T'challa be alive?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Makes no sense at all but I've been saying that about a lot of WB's movie decisions. If they really wanted to crawl out of Marvel's shadow they'd go and make a Val-Zod movie to kickoff an Earth-2 movie series.
    I don't see anything confirming that they ARE race bending Kal-El. They might.

But all the articles I've seen so far have just referred to them working on "A Black Superman". They didn't say which one.

Which could mean Cal Ellis or Val Zod.

Of the two Val Zod is way more likely since Cal Ellis is an Obama expy/homage created by Grant Morrison and someone somewhere in all of that is going to have to sue DC (because the only way anyone get anything from the Big 2 is because they sued them).

I guess they could also mean either John Henry Irons ( Steel) or his niece Steel 2. She was IronHeart before there was an IronHeart.

But recasting a racebent Kal El while another bunch of producers is trying to get Cavil back just looks like they don't know what they want themselves.

Oh, for fucks' sake, Mind! <throws hands up> It's outrighted stated the farm outright has a family lineage. So I doubt weed was the first and only thing grown there. And even if it was, the crop in question is legit - past stigma be damned.
    Doesn't mean it wouldn't be absolutely hilarious.

black alien crash lands in a state that is 6% black (id imagine most of that is Kansas City), ends up crashing landing in a black owned weed farm

Come on, that is hilarious.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be absolutely hilarious.

black alien crash lands in a state that is 6% black (id imagine most of that is Kansas City), ends up crashing landing in a black owned weed farm

Come on, that is hilarious.
    ......Okay. Maybe it is a bit funny, on paper. Still, I at least could suspend my disbelief if it came down to that (assuming this film's version of the Kents are predominantly black).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

But all the articles I've seen so far have just referred to them working on "A Black Superman". They didn't say which one.

Of the two Val Zod is way more likely since Cal Ellis is an Obama expy/homage created by Grant Morrison and someone somewhere in all of that is going to have to sue DC (because the only way anyone get anything from the Big 2 is because they sued them).

I guess they could also mean either John Henry Irons ( Steel) or his niece Steel 2. She was IronHeart before there was an IronHeart.

But recasting a racebent Kal El while another bunch of producers is trying to get Cavil back just looks like they don't know what they want themselves.
    People jumping to conclusions on the internet? You don't say!

......Okay. Maybe it is a bit funny, on paper. Still, I at least could suspend my disbelief if it came down to that (assuming this film's version of the Kents are predominantly black).
    Can you still shoot laser eye beams if you are too stoned to open your eyes all the way?

that is the important questions that need answered!

Mighty Member

Can you still shoot laser eye beams if you are too stoned to open your eyes all the way?

that is the important questions that need answered!
    Oh hawww haw. <eyeroll>

Oh hawww haw. <eyeroll>
    gonna be that krypton strain

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    People jumping to conclusions on the internet? You don't say!
    Eh, it is the hollywood reporter. They don't do rumors like a YT or twitter dude, they are legit.

"Sources tell THR that Coates is crafting a Kal-El in the vein of the original Superman comics and will have the protagonist hail from Krypton and come to Earth. While the story is currently being crafted and many details could change, one option under consideration is for the film to be a 20th century period piece."

so, for jumping to conclusions, THR is a good platform to jump from lol

Mighty Member

Uh, Mind? About when I admitted to the funny - I regret it now and learned my lesson. So let the madness end, for gods’ sakes.

Ultimate Member

Eh, it is the hollywood reporter. They don't do rumors like a YT or twitter dude, they are legit.

"Sources tell THR that Coates is crafting a Kal-El in the vein of the original Superman comics and will have the protagonist hail from Krypton and come to Earth. While the story is currently being crafted and many details could change, one option under consideration is for the film to be a 20th century period piece."

so, for jumping to conclusions, THR is a good platform to jump from lol
    Ok. Why a period piece though?

Uh, Mind? About when I admitted to the funny - I regret it now and learned my lesson. So let the madness end, for gods’ sakes.
    What if the villain stops BlacKal-El by lacing his blunt with Kryptoniite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Why a period piece though?
    Probably to lean harder into the race stuff

But, unfortunately, makes it more boring and less hard hitting than if they were tackling present day racism

almost like its gonna be more Blue Marvel ish maybe

Mighty Member

< dying llama groan >

Ultimate Member

Probably to lean harder into the race stuff

But, unfortunately, makes it more boring and less hard hitting than if they were tackling present day racism

almost like its gonna be more Blue Marvel ish maybe
    Yeah, I'd prefer if they tackled modern racism. Although there's still a lot of historical racism affecting Black people today, so if they're going for a Blue Marvel-type, who's lived for several decades already, maybe it'll show the evolution of racism. Might be interesting