Page 115 of 827 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 12391
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Attachment 74416

"Is this the end" by New Edition plays in the background

Extraordinary Member

After Posting a Sex Tape Featuring an Underage Girl, Tekashi 6ix9ine to be Re-Sentenced
    By Jay Connor

https://www.theroot.com/after-postin...paign=mondayAM

I hope this lands him back in General Population, somehow.

I never knew my Indian Surinamese grandfather that well, and didn't grow up with the culture. Much moreso my Indonesian Eurasian maternal grandparents, from whom I received values, cuisine, and a handful of Malay words.
    But with concurrent news reports on India's decriminalisation of homosexuality and the Pride Parade in Delhi on one hand, and the on-going marginalisation of LGBT citizens in Indonesia on the other, I find that at this moment I am proud to be Indian and ashamed to be Indonesian. :/
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

https://www.newsarama.com/42941-shan...P_1q3CuwaGb-hY

Here I was hoping for years that he'd at least get a show but now a movie!!! I hope they don't mess this up.

Wonder if they will use the Mandarin as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

Here I was hoping for years that he'd at least get a show but now a movie!!! I hope they don't mess this up.
    I am actually stunned with this.

I have no idea where marvel is going post Avengers 4 I guess.

All the announcements are rather odd so far.

You have the obvious SM, BP, DS sequels, eventually GoG3.

But then... eternals... black widow... shang chi? hmmm

Shang chi screamed Disney stream tv show.

Are they trying ot pull back the budget a bit on these movies?

It is kinda odd as hell that IF got a grounded TV show while Shang is gonna get a movie lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It is kinda odd as hell that IF got a grounded TV show while Shang is gonna get a movie lol
    The eternals and shang chi are pretty deep cuts to those who just watch the movies. Next thing you know, they'res going to be an Agents of Atlas or New Warriors movie, Jimmy Woo was already in Ant-Man and the Wasp, I don't know about Namora though.

Extraordinary Member

The market could be big for Shang Chi. I'd pay money for James Bond mixed with Enter the Dragon.

Marvel is also great with choosing folks behind, and in front of the camera.

Extraordinary Member

It makes a bit more sense when you remember that Fiege and Avi Avrad seem to legit hate each other.

Saw a article quoting a Tweet from some Print TV reporter on how the TV and the Movie studios never spoke to each other after Feige got control of Marvel Films
    so there's no chance of a Daredevil or Luke Cage movie (according to Reporter Guy).

Iron Fist might be radioactive to Feige just because Avrad got to use the property first.

I guess, Shang Chi doesn't have Avrad's taint on him (But Marvel Films they aren't touching the Fu Manchu angle, I bet).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It makes a bit more sense when you remember that Fiege and Avi Avrad seem to legit hate each other.

Saw a article quoting a Tweet from some Print TV reporter on how the TV and the Movie studios never spoke to each other after Feige got control of Marvel Films
    so there's no chance of a Daredevil or Luke Cage movie (according to Reporter Guy).

Iron Fist might be radioactive to Feige just because Avrad got to use the property first.

I guess, Shang Chi doesn't have Avrad's taint on him (But Marvel Films they aren't touching the Fu Manchu angle, I bet).
    Oh yeah< i understand it from a "studio" point.

Just creatively... IF needs that big budget, movie experience with all the mythology behind it. Shang really doesn't NEED it... fight choreography just has to be 100% on point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah< i understand it from a "studio" point.

Just creatively... IF needs that big budget, movie experience with all the mythology behind it. Shang really doesn't NEED it... fight choreography just has to be 100% on point.
    Yeah. Really a Shang Chi movie is just Ninja Assassin but with (I assume) a bigger budget.

Damn DC and Marvel playing a game of one upmanship! DC makes first female led superhero film, Marvel makes first Black led superhero movie, DC announces first Latino led superhero film, and now Marvel announces first Asian led superhero film! DC about to announce an LGBT led film huh? Batwoman? Midnighter? Harley & Poison Ivy... Lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I'm a huge Shaw Brothers honk, still to this day. This Shang-Chi news is great and if the MCU and flex the kung-fu thing on film, bring that back on some level the way it did for the capes. Maaannnn, very cool... and I ain't talkin' bout more of the same with a thousand jump cuts either.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

I bet this came about because of the backlash from Ironfist season 1. Remember how mad people were over Danny not being cast Asian? Looks like someone took notes and said: "Shang Chi, you're off the bench, bro!"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'm a huge Shaw Brothers honk, still to this day. This Shang-Chi news is great and if the MCU and flex the kung-fu thing on film, bring that back on some level the way it did for the capes. Maaannnn, very cool... and I ain't talkin' bout more of the same with a thousand jump cuts either.
    ****, somewhere out there Donnie Yen is probably like "Oh great NOW y'all do this."

I want to see who throws their hat into the ring for the Shang Chi part as Jet Li, Donnie Yen and even Tony Jaa and them are too old now.

All I can think is some K-Pop dude or some Canto Pop Idol I've never heard of is gonna get the role