Page 353 of 827 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

More non-black need to talk and think like David Bowie here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Damn, this is painful to watch.

A lot of us grew up watching these sitcoms and were too young to fully appreciate the severity of the issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Damn, this is painful to watch.

A lot of us grew up watching these sitcoms and were too young to fully appreciate the severity of the issue.
    He should have used the Different World episode with Dean Cain.

As for that Family matters episode-the writers of that episode in question were Sara Finney-Johnson and Vida Spears-black women.

I wonder has anyone interviewed them about that episode. Because I am seeing way too many times something comes up like Chuck Clayton on Riverdale or Vanessa Morgan's issues and there are black folks already there with the power to do something.

Now to the REALLY????? episode.

Guess who tried to take on John Boyega about being a REAL man? That's right comicsgate. It did not end too well for them. Even after John put that person in his palce-he still thought he might be a nice guy. Until every one pointed out how toxic that guy's Twitter feed was towards black people.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He should have used the Different World episode with Dean Cain.

As for that Family matters episode-the writers of that episode in question were Sara Finney-Johnson and Vida Spears-black women.

I wonder has anyone interviewed them about that episode. Because I am seeing way too many times something comes up like Chuck Clayton on Riverdale or Vanessa Morgan's issues and there are black folks already there with the power to do something.

Now to the REALLY????? episode.

Guess who tried to take on John Boyega about being a REAL man? That's right comicsgate. It did not end too well for them. Even after John put that person in his palce-he still thought he might be a nice guy. Until every one pointed out how toxic that guy's Twitter feed was towards black people.
    Wait? What was this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. That person isn't c*m*csg*t* per se, but there is an overlap between his audience and CG. What's funny is he's a known grifter and is constantly being called out for not knowing anything about the subjects he complains about.
    Last edited by ed2962; 06-23-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Wait? What was this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. That person isn't c*m*csg*t* per se, but there is an overlap between his audience and CG. What's funny is he's a known grifter and is constantly being called out for not knowing anything about the subjects he complains about.
    Who's the person you're talking about?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's the person you're talking about?
    A popular Youtuber named The Quartering. He more on the gamer side of things, but he's one of these "SJWs have RUINED fill-in-the-blank" guys. He claims that he doesn't care about "identity politics" but whines whenever a minority, woman, or gay character turns up in in some video game or comic that he thinks they're being forced into. He's semi-famous for video a couple years back that was a particularly dumb rant against the She-Ra cartoon before it was even released. And of course, he's done like 30 vids complaining about Capt Marvel/Brie Larson.

Scrubs has removed multiple episodes containing blackface from Hulu
    https://news.avclub.com/scrubs-has-r...kfa-1844154696

Terry Crews says Brooklyn Nine-Nine scrapped all of next season's scripts in response to Black Lives Matter
    https://news.avclub.com/terry-crews-...nex-1844148643

Central Park to recast Kristen Bell's character with Black actor

https://news.avclub.com/central-park...bla-1844156686

Ultimate Member

A popular Youtuber named The Quartering. He more on the gamer side of things, but he's one of these "SJWs have RUINED fill-in-the-blank" guys. He claims that he doesn't care about "identity politics" but whines whenever a minority, woman, or gay character turns up in in some video game or comic that he thinks they're being forced into. He's semi-famous for video a couple years back that was a particularly dumb rant against the She-Ra cartoon before it was even released. And of course, he's done like 30 vids complaining about Capt Marvel/Brie Larson.
    I've seen a few of the Quartering videos and I struggle to understand how he's not considered bigoted or sexist. His view are quite clearly Alt-right (Alt-lite as they're called) and he generally attacks anything that features "identity politics" (code word for non-straight white male).

Himself and Geeks and Gamers lost their minds over the Captain Marvel movie. Youtube is actually filled up with this nonsense and until there was a change in their code, lots of these videos used to pop up in my feed because of my interest in games and movies. Unfortunately, this is how a lot of people get indoctrinated with this nonsense because it used to how up pretty prominently before. Lots of young men that don't know better get sucked into it and get radicalised.

Invincible Member

I've seen a few of the Quartering videos and I struggle to understand how he's not considered bigoted or sexist. His view are quite clearly Alt-right (Alt-lite as they're called) and he generally attacks anything that features "identity politics" (code word for non-straight white male).

Himself and Geeks and Gamers lost their minds over the Captain Marvel movie. Youtube is actually filled up with this nonsense and until there was a change in their code, lots of these videos used to pop up in my feed because of my interest in games and movies. Unfortunately, this is how a lot of people get indoctrinated with this nonsense because it used to how up pretty prominently before. Lots of young men that don't know better get sucked into it and get radicalised.
    Unfortunately, the anti-sjw rant on YouTube became an easy business model/grift a few years ago and I'm not sure it's when it's going to die out. I've even seen black and women content creators jump on the band-wagon. But like you said, it's only a few degrees separation from "PC Culture ruined Star Wars" to some guy going on about "Cultural Marxism".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Scrubs has removed multiple episodes containing blackface from Hulu
    https://news.avclub.com/scrubs-has-r...kfa-1844154696
    Tuh, must be and NBC thing. They coming for Tina Fey too.

her longest-running work and almost certainly her most recognizable, is quite the case study—rife with racial tropes and, yes, no fewer than four episodes that include the use of blackface. Or at least, it did contain those things. On Tuesday, at Fey’s request, Hulu and other platforms carrying the show agreed to remove the episodes containing blackface from their libraries. The episodes will no longer be available for purchase on iTunes or Google Play, and syndicated re-runs of the series will no longer include them, either. So apart from those who bought the show’s box sets, few people will likely see these installments again.

In a letter obtained by Vulture, Fey framed the move as an attempt to shield viewers from the painful experience of watching these episodes. But Fey has also spent years ignoring, dismissing, and flat-out ridiculing critiques of her writing when it comes to race. Removing these episodes might save some viewers an offensive experience, but conveniently for Fey it could also stifle a conversation that has periodically arisen about her most well-known series. Given that context, and the wording of Fey’s letter, this move feels less like growth and more like a maneuver designed to pre-empt and avoid an uncomfortable conversation.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/tina-feys-problems-with-race-extend-far-beyond-30-rocks-blackface
    She came at Tracy Morgan pretty fuckin' hard about 10 years ago over content, now she's pulling her's...
    Last edited by Surf; 06-25-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Tuh, must be and NBC thing. They coming for Tina Fey too.

She came at Tracy Morgan pretty fuckin' hard about 10 years ago over content, now she's pulling her's...
    Easier to just sweep it all under the rug instead of actually addressing the issue. I love Tina Fey, but she should explain herself before she attempts to make it all go away.
    Watching television is not an activity.

More non-black need to talk and think like David Bowie here.
    Bowie always far ahead of his time.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Fredric Wertham talking about prejudice against minorities in comics in Seduction of the Innocent (1954):

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Fredric Wertham talking about prejudice against minorities in comics in Seduction of the Innocent (1954):

Huh, who'd have thought.

"I was called the N-word": Black Survivor all-stars reveal racism behind the scenes

For the 18 years since he competed on Survivor: Marquesas, Sean Rector yearned to provide a forum for Black reality stars to speak out about their treatment while filming, and their portrayal on screen....

Rector finally brought his vision to life on Wednesday when he helped fellow Survivor alum and podcast host Rob Cesternino gather a panel of twelve Black Survivor players for a Zoom video chat and recording of Rob Has A Podcast. Cesternino and his co-host Teresa “T-Bird” Cooper (Africa, season 3) were joined by Rector; Ramona Gray Amaro (Borneo, season 1); Clarence Black (Africa, season 3); Ted Rogers Jr (Thailand, season 5); Rory Freeman (Vanuatu, season 9); Jolanda Jones (Palau, season 10); Sherea Lloyd (China, season 15); Phillip Sheppard (Redemption Island, season 22 and Caramoan, season 26); Sabrina Thompson Mitchell (One World, season 24); Julia Carter (Edge Of Extinction, season 38); and the first two of Survivor’s four Black winners, Vecepia Towery (Marquesas, season 4) and Earl Cole (Fiji, season 14).

Over 2 hours and 15 minutes, the group discussed how racism and racial bias affect Black contestants’ entire Survivor experience. “I’m not complaining. I’ve been Black all my life,” says Jolanda Jones. “But I’m telling you, it starts before, it’s on the island, it’s afterward.” Her comments were echoed by Earl Cole: “We go on this adventure just like everybody else, but we don’t even go with the same freedom because we’re carrying something else. And that’s part of our game, and it sucks that we have to do that. So when we win or get to the end, man, that is a testament that we actually had to be another person to be accepted, once again, to make it all the way to the end. And then most of the time we get voted out first or second anyway. Why? Because we look different? I don’t know. Who knows what it is? Oh yeah, racism.”
    https://news.avclub.com/i-was-called...rev-1844171814