Page 439 of 828 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 12408
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    That's what I'm sayin, he's been in so many projects that they've often passed people by. I haven't sen The Boys and never got into Breaking Bad but dude has kept steady supporting work for over 20 years on the strength.

IDK, he's a unicorn who looks Black and Hispanic, perceptions are king and who'd argue with a guy with that one-two punch. I'm not even sure he's either.

He still got played by Fresh.

This was a great film. Haven't seen it in years.

Extraordinary Member

Leonard Roberts (you probaby remember him from Angel as Gunn) recalls the Heroes TV series and the reason for his exit from the show:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Leonard Roberts (you probaby remember him from Angel as Gunn) recalls the Heroes TV series and the reason for his exit from the show:

J. August Richards played Gunn on Angel.

Leonard Roberts was Forrest Gates on Buffy season 4 (the military-hunts-monsters-in-secret, post Angel departure season).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    J. August Richards played Gunn on Angel.

Leonard Roberts was Forrest Gates on Buffy season 4 (the military-hunts-monsters-in-secret, post Angel departure season).
    Whoops it's been so long since I've seen those shows that I mixed the characters up...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That article is just a bullshit argument rooted in over-sentimentality.

How can any fictional character..any at all be tied and locked into a single actor.

What Marvel should have done is simply delayed BP 2 and re-cast T’Challa. Ending any character permanently because an actor “played them too well” is incredibly short-sighted.

And Falcon isn’t becoming Captain America, he’s still the Falcon just using Captain America’s shield.

God forbid anything happen to Tom Holland but I doubt Sony and Disney will simply end Peter Parker on-screen and move forward with Miles Morales if anything happens to that young man.
    If we applied this logic to all heroes we would've never any Superman movies besides the Donner ones. There's nothing wrong with an actor being seen as the one true version of the character but that should never prevent anyone else from playing them. And we all know that despite being in a well received animated film and game Miles would never be allowed to replace Peter on screen. I really don't like getting into conspiracy territory but I'm now under the impression that despite the fact that Black Panther did so well Marvel/Disney had no grander plans for the character or franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure, that I'd like to see. Legacy characters aren't bad and we know Marvel is ok doing that. They did it to Iron man, their biggest csh cow, they'll do it to Spider-man it just won't be any time soon since he's still a kid in-universe. Spider-man is just a title. So are most super-heroes in Marvel and DC.

Pushing back those movies was irritating but he is Spider-man and they didn't know Boseman's circumstances, even Boseman thought he was going to live longer than he did. Holland won't be a mentor for a long time because his character is still a teenager, once he's an adult they'll make him a mentor like many, many adult superheroes in the MCU. You may disagree with it but that was a valid response, its people thoughts like that are why Marvel can't win whatever they do with T'Challa's casting. Maybe you missed the controversy in Star wars when Carrie Fisher died. Just because Marvel chose not to recast didn't mean they're doing it out of spite and the people who think the opposite too your opinion are bad.
    No legacy characters aren't bad and yeah Iron Man was laid to rest but only after multiple movies and storylines spanning a decade. T'Challa on the other hand is being kneecapped at the start due to real world tragedy And after everything that had to be done to get Spider-Man I'll believe Peter will be replaced when I'm watching that movie.

Yeah I'm aware that Spider-Man is Marvel's golden boy but prior to the MCU we had gotten a total of five solo films, more than any other hero not named Batman or Superman. Even though I'm a lifelong Spider-Man fan I was clamoring for a sixth movie in place of other heroes I could, and did, learn to love. People are free to feel anyway they please and are more than free to express those feelings. You and others feel that putting T'Challa on a shelf for the next decade is the right thing to do that is wonderful. I feel that this decision was done far too hastily with absolutely no foresight. You feel your way and I'll feel mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    MCU Spider-Man is Tony Stark Jr. I know they won't do it, but what if they tried to adapt the clone saga, quit playing it so safe and push the envelope.
    I wouldn't be too shocked if they found a way to adapt it somewhere down the line.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Glad that he wrote this. I recall being very disappointed with how they did absolutely nothing with his character.

I mean, there unfortunately ended up being quite a lot to be disappointed with about Heroes, but the way it initially seemed like it would be very diverse, only to ultimately focus on the white characters primarily -- particularly bad.

Also, predictable but disappointing, the way everybody he called out basically pretend they have no idea what he's talking about.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

Riiight, School Daze, forgot about that one. He was low down in that one if I remember it.
    Don't forget "Do the right Thing".

That's what I'm sayin, he's been in so many projects that they've often passed people by. I haven't sen The Boys and never got into Breaking Bad but dude has kept steady supporting work for over 20 years on the strength.

IDK, he's a unicorn who looks Black and Hispanic, perceptions are king and who'd argue with a guy with that one-two punch. I'm not even sure he's either.

He still got played by Fresh.

Sorry, what movie is this please? The video isn't available in my country.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    If we applied this logic to all heroes we would've never any Superman movies besides the Donner ones. There's nothing wrong with an actor being seen as the one true version of the character but that should never prevent anyone else from playing them. And we all know that despite being in a well received animated film and game Miles would never be allowed to replace Peter on screen. I really don't like getting into conspiracy territory but I'm now under the impression that despite the fact that Black Panther did so well Marvel/Disney had no grander plans for the character or franchise.
    Wrong, the Superman movies (aside from the DCEU canon ones) aren't like the MCU, they're self contained universes and they did replace Reeves' Superman after he died, but it took years they didn't do it the next year and when they do recasting the normal thing studios do is reboot from scratch. Superman's also been sitting on the shelf far more then he needs to be in the past and now because WB constantly has trouble doing things with him, it's Batman who's been replaced more often than not and that "continuity" is far from being as coherent as the MCU's. Batman's a priority since Batman makes money, and if a Batman actor died after a movie they'd just replace his actor and erase the current continuity, or just leave the character out like Joker in Dark Knight Rises. He was supposed to be in that.

"We all know," that's the old rules. Sam Wilson is MCU Captain America now, this isn't WB.

But why? The fact they haven't released details about BP 2 isn't because they don't have plans for the franchise, we know they confirmed BP 2 in the works. These movies take years of preparation and what they did have is thrown out by Boseman's untimely passing, which would throw any movie off kilter.

No legacy characters aren't bad and yeah Iron Man was laid to rest but only after multiple movies and storylines spanning a decade. T'Challa on the other hand is being kneecapped at the start due to real world tragedy And after everything that had to be done to get Spider-Man I'll believe Peter will be replaced when I'm watching that movie.
    No legacy characters are bad, except when they're replacing Boseman's T'Challa, who left under circumstances outside Marvel's control and Iron Man, a character didn't. This is disingenuous about how MCU's set up their legacies, as if they're the DCEU. They set up Miles in Homecoming, including a scene where Peter meets is uncle they haven't done nothing to earn your trust on this. Of course they went above and beyond to get Spider-man settled, he's Spider-man! Nobody knew BP and Captain Marvel would break the billion dollar box office, including their fans. If Captain American can get replaced by Sam Wilson in the MCU Miles will be for Peter.

Yeah I'm aware that Spider-Man is Marvel's golden boy but prior to the MCU we had gotten a total of five solo films, more than any other hero not named Batman or Superman. Even though I'm a lifelong Spider-Man fan I was clamoring for a sixth movie in place of other heroes I could, and did, learn to love. People are free to feel anyway they please and are more than free to express those feelings. You and others feel that putting T'Challa on a shelf for the next decade is the right thing to do that is wonderful. I feel that this decision was done far too hastily with absolutely no foresight. You feel your way and I'll feel mine.
    Except you're holding that against Spider-man as if it's an excuse why they're not making T'Challa movies anymore. This inset just about feelings, it's about facts and how not everyone grieves the same instead anyone who disagrees is the enemy who wants to hurt T'Challa. "Putting T'Challa on the shelf," Boseman died, they're not doing this because BP bombed and Boseman is just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next movie to start shooting. There's this strange belief that Marvel wouldn't get roasted for recasting T'Challa, as if that by itself won't impact how T'Challa is going to be viewed in BP 2. I'm even for recasting T'Challa, I'd have loved John David Washington to play him but I'm not restricting Marvel's choices and people reactions while grieving to a small box and everything else is a blight on BP's Legacy. Have you tried understanding how others have felt that came to other conclusions, and that they're grieving as well? Feelings are important and they have their place in grieving but they're not the only method to judge what's coming after a tragedy. That there are far more options for Marvel to go in which are legitimate? We don't even know T'Challa's status quo in Marvel yet, or what the characters are going to do around that in-universe. No, it's not "wonderful," people aren't throwing parties about T'Challa not being there when it was heavily implied he'd be a leading voice in the MU going forward in being the second generation of Avengers Marvel's doing everything it can since whatever plans they had for T'Challa are scrapped right now, they're not doing that lightly. From a personal and professional perspective many of these people knew Boseman and were close friends, from a financial perspective its a big risk from what the original movie was setting up with T'Challa as the star. It's also going to be years before we get the next BP movie, many things can change - it's not static. Who knows, you might like them so why cut them off before you know what's actually going on in the next movie?

The foresight comment is just speculation, based on nothing. The MCU aren't talentless hacks who don't know what they're doing and who don't plan things out. Look at the Phase 4 announcements, does that look like a company who doesn't know where it's going? Of course they;re going to need time to adjust their plans for T'Challa and the BP movies, it was recent event and their plans involving T'Challa are limited to being on hold, if they want to recast at a later date when tempers have cooled, or destroyed entirely because they don't think pursuing them would be worth the flack they get for disrespecting Boseman's passing and they will get that when they recast T'Challa. They don't have the luxury of starting anew in a separate universe like Reeves' Batman.

Ultimate Member

Exactly this. I can understand respecting Boseman's legacy. But everyone would understand if Marvel simply took a deep breath, waited and re-cast T'Challa. I don't really see the need to rushing into making another BP movie without the main character of the franchise.

I wouldn't be too shocked if they found a way to adapt it somewhere down the line
    It's just an overly emotional reaction. Be it business or in personal life, one shouldn't make long term decisions when you're in the grip of emotion. You just don't do it. And I agree with the Spider-man thing, I just can't see Marvel replacing Peter Parker..ever. The most we would likely see is get both Spider-men like in the video game but an out and out replacement, I just can't see it happening.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-17-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, what movie is this please? The video isn't available in my country.
    I think it is this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_(1994_film)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Don't forget "Do the right Thing".
    ****, Thank you. G. Boney said movies, plural, and I was like, more than that one... while I'm starring into space.

"YO SAL, HOWS COME AIN'T NO BROTHAS ON THE WALL!" lolol. Yes.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Over 30 years. He was in several of Spike Lee's early films going back to the late 80s. That's where I initially became familiar with him. It was interesting to see him gain popularity so many years later with Breaking Bad. He's Black and Italian, btw.
    I'd like to see him play an aged Hector Ayala White Tiger, if the goal is to have him play out the Daredevil storyline where he eventually gets framed. Then the daughter can take over.

Ultimate Member

Whoops it's been so long since I've seen those shows that I mixed the characters up...
    Don't feel bad I thought the same too when Richards was on Angel.

I really don't like getting into conspiracy territory but I'm now under the impression that despite the fact that Black Panther did so well Marvel/Disney had no grander plans for the character or franchise.
    They don't. I think Disney was shocked and could not change stuff in the last two Avenger films.

But why? The fact they haven't released details about BP 2 isn't because they don't have plans for the franchise, we know they confirmed BP 2 in the works.
    I don't need a movie to be filming to do OTHER things with Panther. If I was going to expand Black Panther-I would have other novels NOT about him or Shuri only.

I would probably make a better effort to get his clothes in a store VERSUS making folks order on-line for them.

Excluding Black Panther blanket (own 1), gift wrap (own 2), coloring book (own it), birthday card (own 1), valentines (own 2), mug (own it) and other stuff.

What are those little things you do to keep interest? Where is the open end video game?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't need a movie to be filming to do OTHER things with Panther.
    True, but others do. I was discussing specifically the film, it's baffling why just because Marvel isn't broadcasting ever detail of BP 2 people assume they're doing nothing with the franchise as if they cancelled the sequels and anything not T'Challa centric is meaningless to Black Panther.

If I was going to expand Black Panther-I would have other novels NOT about him or Shuri only.

I would probably make a better effort to get his clothes in a store VERSUS making folks order on-line for them.

Excluding Black Panther blanket (own 1), gift wrap (own 2), coloring book (own it), birthday card (own 1), valentines (own 2), mug (own it) and other stuff.

What are those little things you do to keep interest? Where is the open end video game?
    They should be doing all this. BP getting a video game should be a no brainer, that should be a big priority for Marvel.