Page 523 of 827 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 12392
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Luckily... everyone but the crazy sister that has literally gone off the deep in into conspiracy stuff was happy about the verdict. Load off my shoulders at least.
    Just goes to show that minds aren't necessarily set in stone after a certain age, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Just goes to show that minds aren't necessarily set in stone after a certain age, I guess.
    i have a sneaking suspicious thta if I give a week, their viewpoint will start to change based on whatever vile fox/newsmax or whatever starts pumping out but we will see.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Maybe.

Or you can be like my state... which doubled down and made it illegal to defund the police in anyway.

and released an "anti-rioting bill" as the governor repeatedly said "we don't want ot end up like Portland"

The far right places are just going to double down. hard. Just like did with voting rights.
    these are the same people who think gun laws and state run health care are oppression. But apparently police killing Black people is "Muh freedom"!

Mighty Member

Sooo have any of y'all watched Amazon Prime tv series nmed "Them"?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I saw it on the "Young Turks".

I can't remember the name of the video...just search "Young Turks and Falcon and the Winter Soldier". That should bring it up.
    Ok thanks, I will check it out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Sooo have any of y'all watched Amazon Prime tv series nmed "Them"?
    I heard it's a "ghost story" that's 10% supernatural; 90% Jim Crow era "Eli Roth" feature. Take that how you will.

Oh, and it makes blackberry pie the most depraved thing on earth.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 04-21-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Someone please fire Nancy Pelosis's speech writer or whatever, bast have mercy

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

She was being ridiculous.

Maybe it was an old person's moment.

Ultimate Member

But seriously, seeing the right-wing talking heads freak out about the George Floyd's verdict is troubling.

All joking aside, I can't imagine how and why a civilized society can advocate for the murder of unarmed men. Even in Nigeria (which has a bad policing problem), cops that are caught on camera stepping out of line are sanctioned. Talk much, much less about the actual murder of an unarmed man. George Floyd was unarmed, handcuffed, stretched out on the floor crying and begging for the Derek Chauvin to get off his neck...except one is an absolute ghoul and a legit bad person, how do you defend Derek Chauvin in this situation?

All this just explains why sh!t like the KKK and other violent far-right groups have lasted so long in the US. A ton of people in the country simply don't value the lives of black people.

Simple fact.

I lost hope after that cop blew Tamir Rice away and so many people justified it.

Ultimate Member

But seriously, seeing the right-wing talking heads freak out about the George Floyd's verdict is troubling.

All joking aside, I can't imagine how and why a civilized society can advocate for the murder of unarmed men. Even in Nigeria (which has a bad policing problem), cops that are caught on camera stepping out of line are sanctioned. Talk much, much less about the actual murder of an unarmed man. George Floyd was unarmed, handcuffed, stretched out on the floor crying and begging for the Derek Chauvin to get off his neck...except one is an absolute ghoul and a legit bad person, how do you defend Derek Chauvin in this situation?

All this just explains why sh!t like the KKK and other violent far-right groups have lasted so long in the US. A ton of people in the country simply don't value the lives of black people.

Simple fact.
    Because police in the USA, and other countries like Canada, were build on enforcing White male supremacy.

I lost hope after that cop blew Tamir Rice away and so many people justified it.
    I guarantee if he was White, those same people would be bleating about "muh big government"

She was being ridiculous.

Maybe it was an old person's moment.
    The woman is 6 days older than dirt. Which just makes it that more confounding but at the same time shows just how detracted so many white folks are from the basic considerations to Black Americans.

I've been thinking a lot if Chauvin had kneeled on a really tall white woman, as hard even a circumstance THAT is to imagine, how drastically different the outrage would have been. Or even a really tall white dude?

There is an empathy ravine in the country, that unfortunately, too many in the majority have issue in crossing. Not like we just got here.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

More and more, it's starting to look like the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting is not a case of a triggerhappy cop killing a black person who could have been easily subdued.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    More and more, it's starting to look like the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting is not a case of a triggerhappy cop killing a black person who could have been easily subdued.
    Gotta stop being so reactionary to every unfortunate circumstance. It will be used against activist and stuff if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The woman is 6 days older than dirt. Which just makes it that more confounding but at the same time shows just how detracted so many white folks are from the basic considerations to Black Americans.

I've been thinking a lot if Chauvin had kneeled on a really tall white woman, as hard even a circumstance THAT is to imagine, how drastically different the outrage would have been. Or even a really tall white dude?

There is an empathy ravine in the country, that unfortunately, too many in the majority have issue in crossing. Not like we just got here.
    Part of the problem with Pelosi is that she's been involved in politics so long that she sees everything as part of a chess game she's playing with conservatives. It's mostly optics. Tearing up a speech, optics, Kneeling in Kente Cloth, (Which you don't really see anymore, stuff was all over the place in the 90's, or it felt like it.) optics. Making George Floyd into a martyr, optics. Symbolism, theater, action faking, everything but doing actual work.