Page 818 of 828 FirstFirst ... 318718768808814815816817818819820821822 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    In my 45+ years, this is one of the most blatantly and overt racist things I've ever seen. This comes out of a political party mind you. Again, I'm getting long in the tooth, in my community and demo, we still make reference to a certain U.S. President as 'The Crack President'. That was covert through, this, these fkn shoes, at it's face is nothing more than a shoddy gimmick sure but its aim is an actual voter outreach initiative.

Almost amusing? It's hilarious, in the saddest way possible and that's just style wise. They couldn't even be bothered to aim at a target demo, 'They ALL will eat them up' was definitely language used in the pitch meeting.
    They don't even look like real shoes, they look like something one would see in an SNL sketch (I wonder who's going to be their Trump now since Alec Baldwin probably can't do it anymore) They look like they'd fall apart in about a week, they look like something someone would buy from Temu or Wish. I've seen Wal-Mart shoes with better quality. Shoes, grape flavored stuff, and menthols. I don't know what's worse, using stereotypes, or dated stereotypes from the 90's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You mean he didn't learn his lesson after Temptation and Acrimony? Or maybe he learned the wrong lessons.
    Oh man, I have memory holed those films.

It seemed like Perry was trying to get out of his wheelhouse because Mea Culpa was pretty heavy on the sex and nudity.

But the end was....good lord. The twist was so stupid that it hurt my head.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    In my 45+ years, this is one of the most blatantly and overt racist things I've ever seen. This comes out of a political party mind you. Again, I'm getting long in the tooth, in my community and demo, we still make reference to a certain U.S. President as 'The Crack President'. That was covert through, this, these fkn shoes, at it's face is nothing more than a shoddy gimmick sure but its aim is an actual voter outreach initiative.

Almost amusing? It's hilarious, in the saddest way possible and that's just style wise. They couldn't even be bothered to aim at a target demo, 'They ALL will eat them up' was definitely language used in the pitch meeting.
    They don't even look like real shoes, they look like something one would see in an SNL sketch (I wonder who's going to be their Trump now since Alec Baldwin probably can't do it anymore) They look like they'd fall apart in about a week, they look like something someone would buy from Temu or Wish. I've seen Wal-Mart shoes with better quality. Shoes, grape flavored stuff, and menthols. I don't know what's worse, using stereotypes, or dated stereotypes from the 90's.
    As annoying and flat out racist as what that Fox News host said, don't be surprised to see some c..ns validate the nonsense he said.

Just wait and see.

The Dollar Store can't get a piece of that?? You know they got sht for upwards of a buck these days. Some of them joints sell meat in the cooler.

The outdated part is spot on, as if the bullsht was ever 'dated' but damn, going out of your way to offend, means this much? New to me, If so then it's part of your identity and then, well wow. You've already lost. Twice then, lookin at you confederacy. Hell, you've got a handfull of CURRENT Hip-Hop adjacent influence to the MAGA's. Ye makes ugly shoes too but he'd have cost too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As annoying and flat out racist as what that Fox News host said, don't be surprised to see some c..ns validate the nonsense he said.

Just wait and see.
    If any dudes, young bruthas would be out here with those it would just be for shock, no more.

I can't even see any white dudes seriously rockin' them.

Oh man, I have memory holed those films.

It seemed like Perry was trying to get out of his wheelhouse because Mea Culpa was pretty heavy on the sex and nudity.

But the end was....good lord. The twist was so stupid that it hurt my head.
    Stronger man than I. The clip of the 2 chicks, one with a whip and the other on lap dance was beyond my capacity for charm.
    Last edited by Surf; 02-23-2024 at 02:26 PM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Just FYI, James Austin Johnson has been killing it as Trump for over a year now on SNL.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Invincible Member

Trump at Black Conservatives Federation meeting, camera pans and shows a surprising number of white ppl in the audience

https://twitter.com/mk_indy/status/1761383800842424517

I don't think it's 90% but still...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Trump at Black Conservatives Federation meeting, camera pans and shows a surprising number of white ppl in the audience

https://twitter.com/mk_indy/status/1761383800842424517

I don't think it's 90% but still...
    Speaking of Trump, homie called his wife "Mercedes" instead of "Melania".

LOLOLOL...

Ultimate Member

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...er-allegations

Sean Combs, the rapper and mogul known as Diddy, was sued Monday by a music producer who accused the hip-hop mogul of sexually assaulting him and forcing him to have sex with prostitutes.

The suit, filed in federal court in New York, accuses Combs of repeated instances of unsolicited groping and sexual touching. It also says the man had to work in a bathroom while Combs showered and walked around naked.

Jesus Christ.

Dune 2 and Hollywood's commodification of Muslimness by Nadeine Asbali.

The Dune franchise has always left a bad taste in my mouth, with its commodification of Muslim aesthetics while doing nothing to actually uplift Muslim narratives or voices. When I begrudgingly watched the first Dune film back in 2021, it felt like being immersed in a universe that was disorientingly familiar yet hollow.

Vaguely Arabic sounding words like “Ichwan” and “Shai Hulud” and terms outright pillaged from the Islamic faith and the cadence of my ancestors, like “Mahdi” and “Wahad”, are stripped of meaning entirely in this world where Muslimness is exoticised instead of criminalised.

The Fremen’s covered forms and faces are rendered mysterious and ambiguous, free from the trappings of securitisation and threat that Muslim women in the real Western world face.

The vaguely Arab desert backdrop becomes a place of intrigue and mystique (fit, even, to become the backdrop of a glamorous premiere) rather than the underdeveloped sites of war that the Middle East is usually portrayed as.

Words like ‘jihad’ are bandied about with no fear of criminalisation in this fictional paradigm that cloaks itself in Muslimness while further eroding our agency as Muslims.

Frustratingly but not surprisingly, for a film that so heavily borrows from the Arab Muslim world, there are no Middle Eastern actors in the cast. The lack of representation reinforces the overriding Orientalist agenda: our cultures can be attractive and commercial but only if adopted by the white and the wealthy.

Jennifer Lopez details past abusive relationships in new doc, admits she was ‘manhandled’ and ‘hit rock bottom’

https://pagesix.com/2024/02/27/enter...as-manhandled/

Some are speculating Diddy may be one of her past abusers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jennifer Lopez details past abusive relationships in new doc, admits she was ‘manhandled’ and ‘hit rock bottom’

https://pagesix.com/2024/02/27/enter...as-manhandled/

Some are speculating Diddy may be one of her past abusers.
    Yeah, I saw this.

I expect more allegations to come out in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    so what is the solution here in a movie such as this?

Out of curiousity.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-28-2024 at 08:36 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    so what is the solution here in a movie such as this?

Out of curiousity.
    Middle Eastern actors might be a start, I'd guess?

Then, too ... I know I've been bothered in stories/franchises like Altered Carbon, where you can even have some kind of story analogy at work about racism/classism/discrimination, yet studiously avoid ever addressing or even hinting at race as a topic or a problem. HBO's Westworld is another that does that. The way Martin somehow envisioned a world with a great deal of diversity, only still everybody is white, is another time it unfortunately took actually seeing it for lots of people to go, "Hey, wait a minute..."

And my X-Men.

So, I guess saying -- maybe, not only including Middle Eastern actors, but maybe including somehow futuristic Muslim people and bias against them? At least portraying it in some aspect, as opposed to just completely taking the aesthetic, while ignoring the real world people altogether?

I don't know, not saying this is "the solution", just that I have some thoughts, so I can't be the only one.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Remember what I said about Trump sneakers:

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/27/fat-j...ver-surrender/

Fat Joe believes in the separation of style and politics, and as such, is a proud owner of Donald Trump's new gold high-top sneakers ... despite having ZERO intention of voting for him!!!

The veteran rap star recently held sneakerhead court on his IG page and defended his acquisition of Trump's "Never Surrender" kicks -- the exclusive "Friends & Family" editions.
    I know Fat Joe isn't black, but don't be surprised to see some silly clowns come out to talk about getting Trump sneakers.