Page 628 of 827 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638678728 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I wonder if any version of adding the X-Men will have a satisfactory explanation
    The only real problems are Magneto and Xavier.

Magneto because he has a very specific timeline. So, you either have to make it so he doesn't age because of his powers or you have to pick a new atrocity and wooboy, that won't go over well.

Xavier, because he establishes the school. So he has to be "around" well before other named mutants.

Plus, WTF have both of these uber powerful dudes been doing? Magneto would not be sitting around twiddling his thumbs for 70 years lol.

If you throw both of those characters out, you can easily just have the snap or some quantam realm nonsense kickstart the mutant gene. So all mutants are "new."

If not, I think it is very likely they go the Ultimate route and Logan is the first mutant. Which can easily work
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Have a team just now getting their powers versus an established one.

Toss in the side effects of the snap caused their powers to start up.

Have they appear and be from the same universe Miles Morales is from when Marvel finally decides to use him instead of Peter Parker pretending to be him.
    If they come in with Miles, wouldn't it be better if they're already established?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only real problems are Magneto and Xavier.

Magneto because he has a very specific timeline. So, you either have to make it so he doesn't age because of his powers or you have to pick a new atrocity and wooboy, that won't go over well.

Xavier, because he establishes the school. So he has to be "around" well before other named mutants.

Plus, WTF have both of these uber powerful dudes been doing? Magneto would not be sitting around twiddling his thumbs for 70 years lol.

If you throw both of those characters out, you can easily just have the snap or some quantam realm nonsense kickstart the mutant gene. So all mutants are "new."

If not, I think it is very likely they go the Ultimate route and Logan is the first mutant. Which can easily work
    I feel they should just not focus too much on Xavier and Magneto anyway. They're great but like Logan, they've been overused.

If they come in with Miles, wouldn't it be better if they're already established?

I feel they should just not focus too much on Xavier and Magneto anyway. They're great but like Logan, they've been overused.
    There are dozens and dozens of x-men they can use, but they'll probably focus on the ones everyone likes the most. I just hope they don't push the metaphor too hard. It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 10-13-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    There are dozens and dozens of x-men they can use, but they'll probably focus on the ones everyone likes the most. I just hope they don't push the metaphor too hard. It doesn't make sense.
    They are going to want a return on that 71 billion dollar investment lol

They ain't gonna do that with Frenzy or Shark Girl lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agreed that we don't need to see the MCU rehashing takes on those characters yet again. Y'know, another possible way they could go, now that they're leaning into the idea of the multiverse, is to just have some X-Men characters somehow stranded on the main MCU earth. Maybe say their universe was melded in, the way Miles and some others got sucked into the 616, follow Secret Wars. That way, you can have them recall a history of the X-Men forming, but you don't need to actually have Xavier and Magneto around ... but you know, it could be like an adult Kitty Pryde trying to gather and train mutants to help and ... I don't know, some less-good-guy mutant going the Brotherhood route. Just not Mystique, because pretty over seeing her in the movies, too. Or Emma Frost, just because I'm kind of over her character altogether, really.

Maybe Kitty finding/leading the good mutants, and X-23 the bad ones? Not that Laura is a bad guy, but they mostly go with anti-hero Magneto anyway, so she could probably do that? Except, I'd rather not retread the mutants being hunted by Sentinels thing either, so maybe no Brotherhood mutants at all...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

They are going to want a return on that 71 billion dollar investment lol

They ain't gonna do that with Frenzy or Shark Girl lol
    I know, I know, but it's fun to dream.

BANNED

On the Frenzy/Shark Girl thing, if you asked me 15 years ago if we'd ever see a Black Panther appearance in the MCU, let alone his own franchise, I'd have been very doubtful. If you'd asked me what the chances were Shang Chi would get an appearance (again, let alone a movie) I'd have rated it as far less likely than Black Panther.

Or the Guardians of the Galaxy, a criminally underrated Marvel cosmic book. Yet here we are, and now (sadly to my mind, but to the delight of MCU fans worldwide) they're the template by which all other MCU movies are made. Even the Eternals, a "who-gives-a-s##t?" franchise if I've ever seen one, is on the way to fame on the Disney train. So yeah, I could see Frenzy playing a big role. Why not Caliban or Feral or the Bedlam Bros. or M or Gateway or anyone really? Wolverine may be "kewl", but it's going to be hard to top Jackman and there are dozens of similar characters they could get fandom on board with. If they want to make them happen, they'll happen.

homophobes: create you own lgbtq characters!

DC: ok. Jon Kent is Bisexual

homophobes: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT

Why not have the best of both worlds with The Xmen. New and old.

Have it that in the 60's or 70's Xavier did have a small school. There were not a lot of mutants but he took a couple of powerful ones and made them into the Xmen. Magneto did show up and tried his take over but the Xmen stopped them. After that a couple of things kept the Xmen from being needed long term. Number 1 the mutant population did not grow in the way Xavier thought it would. Number 2 when a mutant was deemed a threat The Government took them out. Either through assassination or capture and experimentation. So Xavier closed his school partly because there was no long term need for the Xmen also because the government forced him too as well.

Years later mutants are starting to show up in the MCU. Because they are of the age their powers form, have been in hiding, the snap However they want to explain it or a combo of all 3. And thanks to the leaked Shield files it has been learned about The Xmen and Magneto though no one really bothered with the story until now when more mutants are showing up. There are groups of mutants who want to follow Xavier's ideals, some who want to follow Magneto's ideals because the truth about the assassination of mutants has come out and some who just want to be left alone.

This would be a way to have the older Xmen Xavier and Magneto who have this almost mythical legend around them with the new mutants. They have a cult like following and it is not made clear in the Shield files what happened to Magneto, Xavier, or any of the Xmen and this leads to all kinds of conspiracy theories and this leaves it open so they can show up later. This way you are not shoe horned into using the main Xmen and can do more with the newer mutants including having women and POC being featured rather then feeling shoe horned into using Storm to fit that role like always.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-13-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I agree on the metaphor, especially if they use predominantly White male X-Men

homophobes: create you own lgbtq characters!

DC: ok. Jon Kent is Bisexual

homophobes: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT
    Scumbags are gonna scumbag. It's mostly the media fueling this. The headlines are all "SUPERMAN IS BISEXUAL!" Which is technically true, it's just not Clark. Regular people didn't even know Superman had a son until now.

When Tim Drake came out, the media used pictures of Dick Grayson. "What do you mean there's more than one Robin?" When Jason was murdered, people thought it was Dick.

Scumbags are gonna scumbag. It's mostly the media fueling this. The headlines are all "SUPERMAN IS BISEXUAL!" Which is technically true, it's just not Clark. Regular people didn't even know Superman had a son until now.

When Tim Drake came out, the media used pictures of Dick Grayson. "What do you mean there's more than one Robin?" When Jason was murdered, people thought it was Dick.
    That is the thing. it is outrage from people who dont read the comics. My Brother In Law saw it on Fox News and called me up because he knows I am a huge comic book fan and was going nuts

"What is this about Superman being gay? Do you people have to ruin everything." I told him it was Superman's Son and not Clark Kent. Hhe was like "Superman has a son?" "Yep" So there is this new guy calling him self Superman and he is gay?" "He is not new he has been around 5 or 6 years. So it is not Clark Kent it is his son." "Well im not as mad. Still sucks!"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

This.

I mentioned this in the Superman thread but basically, it seems folks are making buck off the "culture wars".

Between the Facebook stuff and the revelation that AT&T owns OAN AND WB, DC and CNN, it's quite clear the people are profiting off outrage culture. It's not just that they are profiting off it, it's like people are being deliberately placed against each other. However, this isn't an excuse for the bigotry and racism that we see online.

People profiting off outrage culture isn't new, it's the apparent scale and depth of it that's eye opening.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-13-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the thing. it is outrage from people who dont read the comics. My Brother In Law saw it on Fox News and called me up because he knows I am a huge comic book fan and was going nuts

"What is this about Superman being gay? Do you people have to ruin everything." I told him it was Superman's Son and not Clark Kent. Hhe was like "Superman has a son?" "Yep" So there is this new guy calling him self Superman and he is gay?" "He is not new he has been around 5 or 6 years. So it is not Clark Kent it is his son." "Well im not as mad. Still sucks!"
    "You people"...does he think you're one of the DC Editors?

Invincible Member

Don't forget a couple of months ago "Gay Captain America" scare, that one didn't catch on though. But I think it's because it was competing with the Falcon Winter Soldier and the outrage merchants were still milking that show for being too "woke".
    Last edited by ed2962; 10-13-2021 at 09:25 PM.