Page 225 of 827 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 12391
    Extraordinary Member

While I'm glad Kevin Feige is in no rush to use the mutants, I do want to see Rogue, Destiny & Mystique in a Captain Marvel sequel. I would love to see some of Chris Claremont's original vision for that story play out on the big screen.

Not because I want to see Carol go down, but seeing those four caught up a feud could be riveting storytelling if done right.

This could be the best live action take for Rogue & Mystique (the Fox versions did nothing for me).

Kevin could have gotten greedy by throwing Storm in BP, but I don't think she will appear in that series at all (unless they do more than 3 films).

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Seemed to have been a running theme with Blade. It's like they liked the popularity that Blade brought but didn't want a black male lead anymore, so they made the last movie and latest series about someone else which is asinine.
    With that 3rd movie Goyer was trying to set up a Nightstalkers spin-off with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel. To the detriment of Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I've heard that critique a few times, with folks saying the supporting cast felt more bada$$ then T'challa himself. The good side is at least
    the go to characters are still black (and often female), but the story itself was still primarily about Black Panther. Which sadly can't be said
    about the recent blade content.
    I look at it as Coogler having lots of room to improve BP's action scenes in the sequel. Similar to Cap in Winter Soldier.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So now the rumour is that the gay character in The Eternals is also going to be Asian, allegedly Conrad Ricamora is allegedly the frontrunner for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So now the rumour is that the gay character in The Eternals is also going to be Asian, allegedly Conrad Ricamora is allegedly the frontrunner for the role.
    What is China's status with LGBT?

Do they even allow movies that approach the subject?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    While I'm glad Kevin Feige is in no rush to use the mutants, I do want to see Rogue, Destiny & Mystique in a Captain Marvel sequel. I would love to see some of Chris Claremont's original vision for that story play out on the big screen.

Not because I want to see Carol go down, but seeing those four caught up a feud could be riveting storytelling if done right.

This could be the best live action take for Rogue & Mystique (the Fox versions did nothing for me).

Kevin could have gotten greedy by throwing Storm in BP, but I don't think she will appear in that series at all (unless they do more than 3 films).

The deal wasn't done by the time Black Panther was filming to put Storm in Black Panther. Also we have to wonder if Feige and Disney will clash over the approach of X-Men coming in sooner or later. Deadpool is a certified cash cow franchise and the push to do Deadpool and X-Force will be hard to hold off. Disney has already said they want to do Deadpool films and keep the character running with Reynold's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is China's status with LGBT?

Do they even allow movies that approach the subject?
    No. I heard they banned a Chinese tv show about gay men despite the fact that it was popular. And I'm pretty sure they only allowed an edited version of Bohemian Rhapsody that didn't acknowledge his sexuality. China is the number one reason why people doubt Marvel going to have an openly gay character anyway.

Marvel still hasn't bothered to confirm whether there's going to be an openly gay character in The Eternals. It's just that one of the Russo brothers said we'd see an LGBT character "soon".

No. I heard they banned a Chinese tv show about gay men despite the fact that it was popular. And I'm pretty sure they only allowed an edited version of Bohemian Rhapsody that didn't acknowledge his sexuality. China is the number one reason why people doubt Marvel going to have an openly gay character anyway.

Marvel still hasn't bothered to confirm whether there's going to be an openly gay character in The Eternals. It's just that one of the Russo brothers said we'd see an LGBT character "soon".
    Ooof. That is going to some convincing of execs to cut out that entire market.

Unlesss they release a version out of there that cuts out the obvious lgbt stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Deadpool is a certified cash cow franchise and the push to do Deadpool and X-Force will be hard to hold off. Disney has already said they want to do Deadpool films and keep the character running with Reynold's.
    I can easily see them putting out Deadpool first. He can easily be in the "MCU" without really being in the MCU while making meta jokes about it constantly. He really doesn't have to affect anything just like he really didn't effect the XCU.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unlesss they release a version out of there that cuts out the obvious lgbt stuff.
    I've always assumed that if/when an LGBT character was in a superhero movie it would be a small role and any reference to their sexuality would be edited out for various foreign audiences.

Also remember when Vanity Fair posted that article about Black Panther before it premiered talking about the scene (which got deleted) where Okoye flirts with another member of the Dora Milaje and Marvel's representatives immediately pounced on the story to say that the characters were not based on the lesbian couple from the comics? And yet there's all these rumours about a gay superhero in The Eternals and Marvel allegedly looking for an openly gay actor and yet they still haven't confirmed this.

It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    Felt like it might have been a nexus of sourpuss waiting around to happen.

Once it didn't even make the dent that similar previous fussing did, it really felt like it kicked into "X-Files" gear.

I've always assumed that if/when an LGBT character was in a superhero movie it would be a small role and any reference to their sexuality would be edited out for various foreign audiences.

Also remember when Vanity Fair posted that article about Black Panther before it premiered talking about the scene (which got deleted) where Okoye flirts with another member of the Dora Milaje and Marvel's representatives immediately pounced on the story to say that the characters were not based on the lesbian couple from the comics? And yet there's all these rumours about a gay superhero in The Eternals and Marvel allegedly looking for an openly gay actor and yet they still haven't confirmed this.
    They haven't immediately denied it either though.

That article from Vanity Fair was irresponsible.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I can easily see them putting out Deadpool first. He can easily be in the "MCU" without really being in the MCU while making meta jokes about it constantly. He really doesn't have to affect anything just like he really didn't effect the XCU.

The last film had to tie into the X-Men as saw. Its hard to say use Deadpool and not mention certain plot points.

- Mutants
    - X-Men
    - Cable
    - Domino
    - Colossus

All those characters are kinda hard to not use with Deadpool. Plus the big thing is not mentioning he's a Mutant. It would be like doing the upcoming TV series on Winter Soldier and not mentioning - Captain America . Since well the two characters tied so close.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The last film had to tie into the X-Men as saw. Its hard to say use Deadpool and not mention certain plot points.

- Mutants
    - X-Men
    - Cable
    - Domino
    - Colossus

All those characters are kinda hard to not use with Deadpool. Plus the big thing is not mentioning he's a Mutant. It would be like doing the upcoming TV series on Winter Soldier and not mentioning - Captain America . Since well the two characters tied so close.
    You lost me. They can mention mutants now. I can't tell what you are trying to say?

You lost me. They can mention mutants now. I can't tell what you are trying to say?
    I'm saying if you use Deadpool as a film it will have to mention "mutants" which will have people go , oh so where are the X-Men , Cable , etc ? If you do a Deadpool film and say don't use any of that ...well its not gonna work so well.

And yes Deadpool can do jokes about Disney sure.