Page 479 of 827 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 12395

Sooo if Pepé is cancelled, is his female counterpart from Tiny Toon Adventures, Fifi La Fume, cancelled too? It was the same gimmick just with the genders reversed. Guess she's not appearing in the reboot, right?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Sooo if Pepé is cancelled, is his female counterpart from Tiny Toon Adventures, Fifi La Fume, cancelled too? It was the same gimmick just with the genders reversed. Guess she's not appearing in the reboot, right?
    Are they rebooting Tiny Toons?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Are they rebooting Tiny Toons?
    Well I put the link in "reboot" but here's another one that goes into more detail:
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/tiny-to...ns-1234604528/
    Two season order.

EDIT: If the first link is accurate, apparently it has already been renewed for season THREE when a single ep hasn't aired yet.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 03-08-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gambit is kinda weird (and I like Gambit lol)

In one way, he was defnitely creepy for a time.

In counter to that... he actually did seem to care for rogue outside of wanting to bone. Especially since, he, well... couldn't lol.

So he literally lusted over something he could not have. at all. Yet... still liked her.
    That might have been the entire point of Gambit.

Someone should get credit for even knowing there was a female audience for the Xbooks and catering to that audience. Especially since this was at the same time Psylocke was running around in a battle thong.

Gambit was the sleazy bad boy made safe because he was devoted to a girl he literally couldn't do anything with.

I could make the case that the Xbooks accidentally paved the way for YA romances since they figured out the safe bad boy bit first, but I don't read nearly enough to know how much of that could have come from somewhere else, so I could just be full of it, lol.

But really does seem like there are some similarities between Gambit and Rogue's deal and the main couple in Twilight's situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if that author had been an Xfan at some point.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I heard his part dealt with Pepé getting his comeuppance in a modern setting which I think would be funny, and educational.
    I could have sworn they did this in one of the older cartoons. Pepe kisses the girl cat and she's into it and chases him as he's trying to get away for the second half of the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Someone should get credit for even knowing there was a female audience for the Xbooks and catering to that audience. Especially since this was at the same time Psylocke was running around in a battle thong.

Gambit was the sleazy bad boy made safe because he was devoted to a girl he literally couldn't do anything with.

I could make the case that the Xbooks accidentally paved the way for YA romances since they figured out the safe bad boy bit first, but I don't read nearly enough to know how much of that could have come from somewhere else, so I could just be full of it, lol.

But really does seem like there are some similarities between Gambit and Rogue's deal and the main couple in Twilight's situation.

When I started reading comics more, one of the things I noticed was that women were more drawn to Bat and X-books than anything else. I didn't think anything of it, just an observation. Stephanie Meyer's a mormon, she may have read comics, but I'm not sure, she doesn't watch R-rated movies though, that's either a her thing or a strict mormon thing. Her religion was a big influence the Twilight books, Edward and Bella weren't physically intimate until they were married.

I watched the Oprah interview with Megan and Harry. The things Megan went through are really heartbreaking.

Ultimate Member

Something really troubling is happening in the U.S now...several states are going out of their way to restrict voting rights.

Most of these measures are being targeted at minority communities. Basically, the GOP has given up on winning the popular vote because they literally can not win that anymore.

This is why as much as possible I try to stay away from the “culture war” stuff because it’s a distraction from much more insidious stuff happening in society.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I watched the Oprah interview with Megan and Harry. The things Megan went through are really heartbreaking.
    I haven't seen that interview yet.

But I'm not surprised Megan is going through all this sh!t.

A POC in the royal family was always going to stir it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I’d be shocked if she gets “cancelled” aswell.. She probably get repurposed & get a past..

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I could have sworn they did this in one of the older cartoons. Pepe kisses the girl cat and she's into it and chases him as he's trying to get away for the second half of the cartoon.
    This sounds really familiar to me as well.

This is genius.

Eh. I'd say what is more heartbreaking is the reaction to people who just assume she is lying for attention. Because of course a WOC is lying for her benefit right? She is obviously lying, not the incest bloodline british royalty! no way they are horrible people!

TBH though... it is really hard to feel sorry for people that priviledged in life. She CHOSE to marry into that family. Ol' dude CHOSE to stay in the family business for as long as he did. They are both priviledged and rich enough ot choose something else. It is really hard to feel sorry for them when real people are actually struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Something really troubling is happening in the U.S now...several states are going out of their way to restrict voting rights.

Most of these measures are being targeted at minority communities. Basically, the GOP has given up on winning the popular vote because they literally can not win that anymore.

This is why as much as possible I try to stay away from the “culture war” stuff because it’s a distraction from much more insidious stuff happening in society.
    GOP is much better at politics than Dems. Much better.

It is also much easier being GOP though... you don't have to actually DO anything. Just tear down. Or not even just tear down... just talk about tearing down. Throw a couple dog whistles in there and you are good to go.

I don't even know if federally, they can do anything about the states voting rights.

THey are even trying to change florida... republican florida. That has had mail in ballots that are easy as hell the whole time i've been down here. With no corruption... other than weird stuff that benefitted Republicans.

ANd this **** works... if I had to actually drive to the polls nad actually stand in line to vote... there is a much bigger chance I just won't waste my time. And I have a rather "priveledged" job meaning I can take off work as needed to do it.

But, you know... worrying about two multi millionairs talk about their "hard" life to a billionaire is much more captivating.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-09-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, they did. There was some kind of spell or love potion involved. I forget how but it backfired on Pepe' and the lady feline started chasing after him.

And they still diss on Meghan. I saw the comparisons made between Kate and Meg and it was ridiculous. Kate eats avocados and it's great. Meghan eats avocados and somehow she's responsible for child labor. The baby bump thing was weird. Meghan holds he baby and somehow she's obsessed with Archie compared to Kate lovingly caressing her bump.

And the whole "how dark will Archie's skin be" is just straight up racist. They tried notto point fingers at the family but it was apparent who the lead ass was.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Yeah, they are really doing an all-out assault in my state and they've made their intent pretty obvious.

Republicans complain about cancel culture and they are trying to cancel the vote of millions of people.

Like Rachel Maddow says, "Watch what they do, not what they say."

The whole bad boy thing is an entire genre and they milk the hell out of that on LIFETIME.

There was a song awhile back where a female rapper said she wanted a thug who could "beat that thang up". Thugs where big in the 90's.

It took a lot of women awhile to learn that thugs don't care about you or you feelings.