Page 437 of 827 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 12396
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    A delay and recast would've made the most sense to me. Of course there would have been the initial pushback but these characters are bigger than any one actor regardless of how well they played them. I just can't wrap my head around the logic with this decision.
    2020's in the crapper for movies/Cinema going. Throw away at least the first half of 2021 also from the looks of it. If not longer, given all the anti Vaxxers out there.

Disney's hasn't made a dime off of Theme Park's either because of the 'Rona. That they want to put out a Black Panther movie while there's actually still a movie industry doesn't shock me.

It's the exact opposite of what Warner Media is doing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dude, I have defended that dude all over the internet haha. I love the MCU. The MCU is why I branched out in comics and such. the MCU is why I post on CBR

but god... this announcement sucks for me.

And his fanboyism over spider-man is grown inducing from the very bginning (parker did not belong in Civil War like that) and this spider-verse thing just feels like Star wars like nostalgia bait.

Frankly, with star wars and how the MCU is going, I am just going to hav eto pick and choose what I like and wiki the rest now. Sadly.
    For me, a Feige MCU flick was where I could enjoy watching heroic black men. Feige was my anti-Tyler Perry, lol.

It was the MCU that kept me involved in comics, because the last decade of stories from the big two went overboard with character deconstruction. The only films I've watched have been MCU. I have not watched a DC film since Justice League.

I'll still follow Sam Wilson & James Rhodes. I am looking to see what they do with Monica Rambeau. I started reading comics in the 1980's, so I got love for them. Blade will show up, eventually. Outside Blade, they are all ensemble characters. That goes almost double for whenever Storm & Bishop show up due to Wolverine. It makes sense to pair Luke with Iron Fist. Night Thrasher may stick out for being the leader of a group, if he makes it to the big screen. Blue Marvel could be award winning, if they take the origin seriously.

But man, T'Challa is the crown jewel of black male heroism, to me. A true & classic Kirby & Lee creation. A pure, righteous man who is a king in spirit, and by blood.

Marvel has so many ways to recast T'Challa while still keeping Chadwick's contribution in tact. I can't help but sense some kind of malevolence involved with not recasting.

I'd hate to be well into my 50's before seeing a live action T'Challa again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn! RIP Tiny Lister Jr. 62. I remember me and brother renting No Holds Barred when it came out on VHS.
    If I remeber he was the first on screen Black President in The 5th Element predating Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact. That's too damn bad.
    RIP to the true hero of Gotham.

You know he was a great actor losing to that half pint studio gangsta in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    2020's in the crapper for movies/Cinema going. Throw away at least the first half of 2021 also from the looks of it. If not longer, given all the anti Vaxxers out there.

Disney's hasn't made a dime off of Theme Park's either because of the 'Rona. That they want to put out a Black Panther movie while there's actually still a movie industry doesn't shock me.

It's the exact opposite of what Warner Media is doing.
    Is BP still a billion dollar franchise without its lead though?

thye also moved it off the premier May slot into the summer.

We will see I guess. I think they think black folk will come out for anything with Wakanda involved in it. We will see. It is stupid to say what I will or won't do in 18 months but I have no desire for this movie and I saw BP 5x I think lol.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-12-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Probably only some of the older heads on here will recognize the name but...

Country Music legend Charlie Pride dies at 86.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/12/us/ch...bit/index.html

Of Covid 19.

Just a month after he performs at the Grand Ole Opery in Nashville. Crowds, no masks.

Accepting that Life Time Achievement award likely killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Probably only some of the older heads on here will recognize the name but...

Country Music legend Charlie Pride dies at 86.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/12/us/ch...bit/index.html

Of Covid 19.

Just a month after he performs at the Grand Ole Opery in Nashville. Crowds, no masks.

Accepting that Life Time Achievement award likely killed him.
    Wow, dang. "Kiss An Angel Good Morning." RIP.

Anyone kinda meh about Moff Gideon in Mando?

Talked him up big time, he is menacing as hell in the 5 secs of screentime he gets but... it's .... 5 secs lol

Still go one more to go but meh

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Anyone kinda meh about Moff Gideon in Mando?

Talked him up big time, he is menacing as hell in the 5 secs of screentime he gets but... it's .... 5 secs lol

Still go one more to go but meh
    I think things will pick up in the finale, especially when he starts swinging around the Darksaber.

Astonishing Member

Dude, I have defended that dude all over the internet haha. I love the MCU. The MCU is why I branched out in comics and such. the MCU is why I post on CBR

but god... this announcement sucks for me.

And his fanboyism over spider-man is grown inducing from the very bginning (parker did not belong in Civil War like that) and this spider-verse thing just feels like Star wars like nostalgia bait.

Frankly, with star wars and how the MCU is going, I am just going to hav eto pick and choose what I like and wiki the rest now. Sadly.
    Parker was fine in Civil War, and how he was done in the comics Civil War was awful. Stories like that aren't just nostalgia, and we don't know the exact details yet. Did you hate Into the Spider-verse? That's inspired by comics like "Spider-verse" which was made 4 years before the movie.

Disney+ has made a boatload of Marvel shows which cater to varying demographics and have numerous minority leads, including black men. Iron Heart, Armor Wars, Moon Knight etc. There's more to Marvel than T'Challa, including in the Black Panther mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think things will pick up in the finale, especially when he starts swinging around the Darksaber.
    Shoulda got rid of the frog lady episode and just gave us an episode about Moff and how the hell he got that saber

With all the talk I'm seeing about legacy characters, passing on mantles and the like I wholeheartedly look forward to the day when some exec at Marvel/Disney and Sony say "Hey Peter is cool and all but let's adapt Death of Spider-Man and get Miles Morales in here." I mean Spider-Man is just a title.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

With all the talk I'm seeing about legacy characters, passing on mantles and the like I wholeheartedly look forward to the day when some exec at Marvel/Disney and Sony say "Hey Peter is cool and all but let's adapt Death of Spider-Man and get Miles Morales in here." I mean Spider-Man is just a title.
    You know damn well they won't kill Parker, he's gonna mentor Miles eventually. Sony is trying ot create their own little universe and Feige is obliging so far. That is the only reason this Spider-verse movie is existing.

You know damn well they won't kill Parker, he's gonna mentor Miles eventually. Sony is trying ot create their own little universe and Feige is obliging so far. That is the only reason this Spider-verse movie is existing.
    Oh I know, just using the same bullshit logic they use to justify benching the MCU's first black lead. Kinda related I'm still pissed all these years later that the inclusion of Spider-Man, despite him being one of my favorites, pushed back Black Panther, Dr. Strange and I believe Captain Marvel. Also Holland Peter is the last version of the character I could see as a mentor to anybody. Hell I can barely see Maguire being one though that'd be more entertaining to me. Speaking of bullshit I came across what I can only assume will be the first of many of these sorts of articles.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/...ot-to-try/amp/
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 12-13-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Oh I know, just using the same bullshit logic they use to justify benching the MCU's first black lead. Kinda related I'm still pissed all these years later that the inclusion of Spider-Man, despite him being one of my favorites, pushed back Black Panther, Dr. Strange and I believe Captain Marvel. Also Holland Peter is the last version of the character I could see as a mentor to anybody. Hell I can barely see Maguire being one though that'd be more entertaining to me. Speaking of bullshit I came across what I can only assume will be the first of many of these sorts of articles.

That article is just a bullshit argument rooted in over-sentimentality.

How can any fictional character..any at all be tied and locked into a single actor.

What Marvel should have done is simply delayed BP 2 and re-cast T’Challa. Ending any character permanently because an actor “played them too well” is incredibly short-sighted.

And Falcon isn’t becoming Captain America, he’s still the Falcon just using Captain America’s shield.

God forbid anything happen to Tom Holland but I doubt Sony and Disney will simply end Peter Parker on-screen and move forward with Miles Morales if anything happens to that young man.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-13-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Sure, that I'd like to see. Legacy characters aren't bad and we know Marvel is ok doing that. They did it to Iron man, their biggest csh cow, they'll do it to Spider-man it just won't be any time soon since he's still a kid in-universe. Spider-man is just a title. So are most super-heroes in Marvel and DC.

Pushing back those movies was irritating but he is Spider-man and they didn't know Boseman's circumstances, even Boseman thought he was going to live longer than he did. Holland won't be a mentor for a long time because his character is still a teenager, once he's an adult they'll make him a mentor like many, many adult superheroes in the MCU. You may disagree with it but that was a valid response, its people thoughts like that are why Marvel can't win whatever they do with T'Challa's casting. Maybe you missed the controversy in Star wars when Carrie Fisher died. Just because Marvel chose not to recast didn't mean they're doing it out of spite and the people who think the opposite too your opinion are bad.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-13-2020 at 07:21 PM.