Page 395 of 826 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 12382

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    The model the X-Men has been using for years was fundamentally broken.

The reason I like Hickman's version so far is because it's moving the franchise in a new direction and actually trying to tell new stories, instead of falling back on Claremont's tired pseudo-topical cultural appropriation approach.

It's really the only interesting thing the franchise has done since Morrison.

So I guess X-Men gets a good run every 20 years or so.
    Uncanny X-Force was fire

Main books be poop though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Uncanny X-Force was fire

Main books be poop though
    Besides the new stuff the only thing I really liked was District X and X-Statix.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

When I read House of X/Powers of Ten I thought three things A: Its nice to read the x-men again, no more BS persecution and metaphors, B: I think Hickman's run might be how the x-men get grandfathered into the MCU. C: I wish Hickman was writing the Legion of Superheroes instead of Bendis, but he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

There are so many X-books now, I don't know which one to check out. I liked X-Statix too.

The model the X-Men has been using for years was fundamentally broken.

The reason I like Hickman's version so far is because it's moving the franchise in a new direction and actually trying to tell new stories, instead of falling back on Claremont's tired pseudo-topical cultural appropriation approach.

It's really the only interesting thing the franchise has done since Morrison.

So I guess X-Men gets a good run every 20 years or so.
    Only thing is that formula is ingrained, baked into the mix, especially for the side of the fan base where Malcolm X's only contribution is in a wildly nearsighted reference to a character that controls magnetism.

MY Bishop pitch would for sho include Aliyah but he's only got a single time travel left in him. That **** no question would take a serious toll on you body and your mind. That man has been and seen a lot, I'd give him some things to work on, include some baddies to smack and attitude to bring whilst making it happen in one time stream. It'd be Logan but Bishop's his own Logan and Prof X in the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The fanboy in me wants a Bishop and Aliyah series. Marvel would call security on me during my pitch meeting though, but I'd love to see that.
    Tuh, I've played that pitch meeting in my head once or twice since 1991. Cept my security code call over the intercom is a trapdoor onto the pavement in the parking lot. And the bastards kept half my notes.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    When I read House of X/Powers of Ten I thought three things A: Its nice to read the x-men again, no more BS persecution and metaphors, B: I think Hickman's run might be how the x-men get grandfathered into the MCU. C: I wish Hickman was writing the Legion of Superheroes instead of Bendis, but he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

There are so many X-books now, I don't know which one to check out. I liked X-Statix too.
    I mostly just read X-Men and New Mutants. I pick up some of the others every now and again, but those are the only two I've been consistent on. If Dazzler got a new book I'd check that out though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

There are so many X-books now, I don't know which one to check out.
    I liked X-Statix too.
    Are you interested in a particular sort of a title?

I'm a little bit familiar with most of the current titles.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Are you interested in a particular sort of a title?

I'm a little bit familiar with most of the current titles.
    How is X-Factor? I like some of the team members.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they relaunched NYX and had it feature Mutants that don't want to join Krakoa.
    Pull List:

Well I do have the first trade of New Mutants, I'll have to read it sometime. I want to try fallen angels too, Psylocke and X-23 are among the few mutants I still like these days.

How is X-Factor? I like some of the team members.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they relaunched NYX and had it feature Mutants that don't want to join Krakoa.
    It’s off to a pretty good start overall, few thing I’d do different but worth checking out.

Well I do have the first trade of New Mutants, I'll have to read it sometime. I want to try fallen angels too, Psylocke and X-23 are among the few mutants I still like these days.
    Fallen angels was ehh came of as a set up book for only Psylocke & Kid Cable only so far, it ended at 5 or 6 issues. Hellions & Cable follows up with Psylocke & Cable.

Unless u like Magik imo NM is god awful after the 1st arc but it’s getting a new writer at 14 so probably/hopefully will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Fallen angels was ehh came of as a set up book for only Psylocke & Kid Cable only so far, it ended at 5 or 6 issues. Hellions & Cable follows up with Psylocke & Cable.

Unless u like Magik imo NM is god awful after the 1st arc but it’s getting a new writer at 14 so probably/hopefully will get better.
    I liked the last issue, but the Arc with Beak's family was pretty lame.

They pulled kind of a rope-a-dope with that book. I thought it would serve as a companion to X-Men since Hickman did the first arc, but then he left and Brisson took over.
    Pull List:

So I read Ms Marvel with Kamala Khan and posted my thoughts on the series in her thread in the Marvel board. I really enjoyed it. I had never seen a Muslim hero or never had seen media with Muslims where they were not the typical kill America terrorist's or joke characters who cant fit into American society. So reading her was very pleasant.

I have not read many comics with a minority as the lead. I read mostly 60s and 70s Marvel which did have Storm as a member of The Xmen and Black Panther as a member of The Avengers but they were not main characters in the sense it focused on them and their life. And also Golden age Dc which have no POC unless they are used in racist stereotypical ways.

I was wondering what are some good comics with minorities that not just focus on the hero but also the home life of the hero. I really enjoyed seeing how Kamala interacted with her family and those around her.

Thanks for the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I liked the last issue, but the Arc with Beak's family was pretty lame.

They pulled kind of a rope-a-dope with that book. I thought it would serve as a companion to X-Men since Hickman did the first arc, but then he left and Brisson took over.
    I was thinking the samething at 1st. Then I realized they similar to Fallen Angels the 1st was setting up another book that has yet to come out & who knows I’d it still coming out now with the rona. Something rumor to have Sunspot, M, Cannonball, Archangel & some others.. Yeah Brisson I’m not fan, love Magik but at times it to much of the lead in this team book where to many others aren’t in other books like her, comic version of Magma is insulting to one’s intelligence & then his love of Glob don’t get me started lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So I read Ms Marvel with Kamala Khan and posted my thoughts on the series in her thread in the Marvel board. I really enjoyed it. I had never seen a Muslim hero or never had seen media with Muslims where they were not the typical kill America terrorist's or joke characters who cant fit into American society. So reading her was very pleasant.

I have not read many comics with a minority as the lead. I read mostly 60s and 70s Marvel which did have Storm as a member of The Xmen and Black Panther as a member of The Avengers but they were not main characters in the sense it focused on them and their life. And also Golden age Dc which have no POC unless they are used in racist stereotypical ways.

I was wondering what are some good comics with minorities that not just focus on the hero but also the home life of the hero. I really enjoyed seeing how Kamala interacted with her family and those around her.

Thanks for the help.
    The ones i've enjoyed (and fit your critieria)

Miles Morales Spider-man (the entire run)
    Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes version, pre Nu52)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes version with the sweet Tradd Moore art)

Going further back, Static falls into this category too.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-18-2020 at 10:29 AM.