Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155
Results 2,311 to 2,317 of 2317
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Elvis has been dead since before John Legend was born, R.Kelly might have #$%^ed a 13 year old yesterday for all we know.

Who do you think needs immediate calling out?
    Each and every one of them.....dead or alive.

At the very least, don't continue to honor the memory of a predator who had "a little less conversation, and a little more action" with a teen girl.

I only hunger for consistency.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Last we saw Elvis past with teen girls has came up now in some biographies and had he not married Priscilla in 1967 there was talk her father would get him charged with the Mann Act for taking a teenage girl across state lines. (This after giving his approval for her to live with him , but as Priscilla Presley claims they never did anything til they married..no idea if that is true or not) .

Jerry Lee Lewis had his career go into the shitter for years due to his marriage to his 13 year old cousin. People weren't happy with Lewis and his career while it did return with going into country music in late 1960's , he never was at the peak he was at before that. So you could point at Lewis who took a big hit then.
    In the decades since, people still use the persona, music, & likeness of Elvis in various commercials, TV Shows, and movies. You can actually earn a living as an Elvis impersonator. A wrestler, Honky Tonk Man, was based on Elvis.

In the decades since, we have seen commercials use "great balls of fire" to promote products. The song was used in Top Gun.

If we are not going to urinate on their graves, then at the very least, folks should not continue promoting their musical legacies.

Extraordinary Member

I think folks just need to understand that DC is really into grim-dark stuff.

I hold great affection for bronze age DC & Marvel. However, I have to cheery pick DC post Alan Moore & Frank Miller. It's like people read their DC work, focused solely on the darkness, and applied it to their books, films, and now animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think folks just need to understand that DC is really into grim-dark stuff.

I hold great affection for bronze age DC & Marvel. However, I have to cheery pick DC post Alan Moore & Frank Miller. It's like people read their DC work, focused solely on the darkness, and applied it to their books, films, and now animation.
    There is plenty of light hearted DC stuff for those who don't like the darker stories. It's right there for anyone interested and isn't very hard to find. People just seem to focus solely on the dark stories. And even some of the "grim-dark" isn't that dark at all.
    Last edited by Agent Z; Yesterday at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It's sadly about color Dude....as the overwhelmingly majority of back representation of in Hollywood are actors who are closer to the white standard of beauty which combined with other societal pressures sends a Negative slant on dark skin ...so when you gave a character who has dark/brown skin it's a step backwards casting a biracial person with fairer skin
    Except the problem is that somehow bi-racial means light skin which is clearly not the case. It's not like all bi-racial people look like Steph Curry (who if I recall supposedly has two black parents.) Hell, if no one would have told me, I'd had assume Toks had two black parents as her features are far from European based.

So we're already stereotyping not because of the actual features of the actresses, but the perceived idea that bi-racial automatically equals light skin.

Secondly, the selection of light skin has been significantly reduced over time, and in terms of movies the majority of black males selected have been dark skin. I already posted earlier before about how almost all of the selected black male heroes in comic book movies have been dark skin. Women hasn't shifted as fast as men but it's been on the rise.
    Last edited by leo619; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Has Tiger ever identified as a black man?
    I think he specifically identified as mixed, I haven't actually see him claimed a specific ethnicity. But that didn't change us claiming him when he started making his advancements at golf. Hell, my dad literally started watching and playing golf because of Tiger lol.

One month after controversial adult-content purge, far-right pages are thriving on Tumblr

https://thinkprogress.org/far-right-...ign=tp-letters