Page 324 of 827 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That looks pretty cool. First I've heard of it.
    There's also:

https://swordsfall.com/

Afro-punk sci-fantasy RPG.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There's also:

https://swordsfall.com/

Afro-punk sci-fantasy RPG.
    That looks amazing! New reading materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    That looks amazing! New reading materials.
    There twitter is here: https://twitter.com/swordsfall1?lang=en

Miles is a sneak fighter. Typical assassin build. If he can't get past your guard and give you his electric sting, he is going to get washed. In a straight fight, he is dead without team support. Meanwhile, Virgil can just float up and be like "the hero is overpowered but overly cautious" with that lightning bolt genocide.
    What about Miles' invisibility? Does Virgil have a counter against that?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What about Miles' invisibility? Does Virgil have a counter against that?
    He does. Virgil can sense the presence of other people via their electrostatic field. He doesn't need his eyes to 'see' you. Anything with an electric current like machines or human bodies can't be hidden from him.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

He does. Virgil can sense the presence of other people via their electrostatic field. He doesn't need his eyes to 'see' you. Anything with an electric current like machines or human bodies can't be hidden from him.
    Isnt his venom sting bio electric ?

Extraordinary Member

Wow those rpg sites look really cool. Thanks for posting.

Astonishing Member

I just DM'd my first ever all black game of Dungeons and Dragons. I feel so proud of my friend Shaun who started out barely able to talk to anyone at the table and uncomfortable, to ending a four hour game by rolling a beastly critical 20 and putting a javalin right through the mouth of a necromancer right in the middleof his monologue. Eff Moria, dwarf barbarians from Gary don't play.

I love video games, but tabletop is still the ultimate gaming experience.
    Eh, I will say tabletop is close to the ultimate "multiplayer" gaming experience. The looseness in tabletop gaming you just can't find in standard video games, (after all, it's pretty much telling a group story with rules that can be changes) but the enjoyment of the game also largely depend upon the group. I had two walk away from a few games due to different issues. You don't have to worry about that with video games, primarily single player ones. That's why single player rpg's are still my favorite gaming experience.

I've been really into "dungeon crawler" table tops lately. I got Imperial Assault (and all Phase I Blister Packs) for Christmas and have been playing Descent 2nd Edition with a few friends.

I have some friends who refuse to play tradition pen and paper stuff but will play Imperial Assault because it's an IP they are familiar with. They don't really realize they are basically a character sheet and setting change away from D&D.

So I'm hoping some of them start complaining about character customization or, "I wish I could do this...", so I can sneak in Starfinder or Edge of Empire.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I just DM'd my first ever all black game of Dungeons and Dragons. I feel so proud of my friend Shaun who started out barely able to talk to anyone at the table and uncomfortable, to ending a four hour game by rolling a beastly critical 20 and putting a javalin right through the mouth of a necromancer right in the middleof his monologue. Eff Moria, dwarf barbarians from Gary don't play.

I love video games, but tabletop is still the ultimate gaming experience.
    That's pretty dope. I feel even among Unicorn's, black D&D'ers are even more Unicorn...y. Is there a such thing as a Unicorn with two horns?

If it were broached to me, fate of the universe style, to field a D&D-esque game of all African-American's to save Earth... Well, until now I'd have to hastily make introductions to our new alien overlords.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    That's pretty dope. I feel even among Unicorn's, black D&D'ers are even more Unicorn...y. Is there a such thing as a Unicorn with two horns?

If it were broached to me, fate of the universe style, to field a D&D-esque game of all African-American's to save Earth... Well, until now I'd have to hastily make introductions to our new alien overlords.
    I've been kicking around the idea of a new D&D setting based around African and African Diaspora sancretism. Essentially its a continent filled with savannas, rainforests, and swamps, the deities are all based on orisha or Santeria and the main city is sort of like if New Orleans was built on top of the ruins of Ancient Punt and is ruled by a small bloodline of sorcerors. My setting has no *wizards* only Sorcerors who are "of the blood" and are VERY, VERY few in number, and Warlocks who as a class would be sort of like tomb raiders who plunder the fallen kingdom (ruins of the old city) for power artifacts. Any non-mage class would still be available but with minor tweaks to match the setting, namely they would be Afro and Afro-Caribbean flavor instead of European.

The Sorcerors are basically evil and are sort of analogous to the Dutch in South Africa during apartheid. The old kingdom used to be full of magic and wizardry but the the Sorcerors manged to conquer them and establish themselves as the only mage class.

It's.... a whole thing.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-06-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Theres a neat power rangers/sentai RPG thats pretty loose on the setting and allows alot of storytelling. Also the creators encourage the players to work in minorities/disabled/LGBTQ characters you'd not normally see.

Astonishing Member

Also there's an all POC cast called Rivals of Waterdeep. They're already 5 season in with 2 hours per episode. Pretty good stuff that I highly recommend.

^Anybody checked out this comic? Came out in December I think, but I just became aware of it a few days ago. The main thing that struck me was the similarity between the title characters and a character I'm working on (some here may remember I'm an indie writer/creator). Here is the concept art for my character done by artist Glenn Brewer (https://www.instagram.com/geebeezy3/ ) back in 2018:

Neither of us invented the idea of a skeleton of course, but the fact both characters are wearing a "ribcage flak jacket" has me now in the process of getting the character redesigned once again. It sucks because that little addition was my favorite part of the redesign Glenn did here, but I'm not trying to have Dark Horse serving me papers lol. My books are super SUPER indie and it's doubtful they'd even be aware, but since they published it first I'm taking no chances lol.

I also plan to pick up this book my next trip to the comic shop. Lemire writes stuff I like sometimes...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I know a bunch of heads were partial to Vampire:The Masquerade. Never played it myself.

TSR came out with an Arabian Knights type setting Al-Qadim for AD&D/2nd Edition. Which might check off
    sone of your boxes.

As far as I know it hasn't been re-released for 5th Edition but I am pretty far out of that loop now.

The re release could have been out for over a year and I wouldn't necessarily know at this point...