Page 246 of 824 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 12354

last girlfriend I had I walked away with a dog...I didn't even want pets....10 years later #dogdontevenlooklikeme

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I overheard someone at work talking about how they have pets so "they get it" regarding kids.

No, no you really don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh lawd

"dog mom"

GTFO lol
    Hey raising a dog that's not killed from fighting in the streets, by the pound, dead from disease or trigger happy neighbors, is tough #singledogdads...#IgottabethedogmomANDdogdad #breakthecycle
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Or like, you know, leave them at home by themselves anytime you want for hours at a time...
    you can when kids are like 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I guess being a dog mom might be kind of like being a mom on one of those shows where the nanny does all the work.
    shiiiiit I wish someone would help me with all these damn bills

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    last girlfriend I had I walked away with a dog...I didn't even want pets....10 years later #dogdontevenlooklikeme

Hey raising a dog that's not killed from fighting in the streets, by the pound, dead from disease or trigger happy neighbors, is tough #singledogdads...#IgottabethedogmomANDdogdad #breakthecycle

you can when kids are like 10
    shiiiiit I wish someone would help me with all these damn bills
    Dam I thought someone woulda snapped allover this...

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, at least she doesn't mention being a dog/cat mom or how much she lovveess food (Since when does eating count as a personality trait?)
    I don't know I think I'd rather date a dog mom.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

All-New Member

I'm no sure if she counts but it's weird to me that it makes some people grab their pitchforks out if you consider Gal Gadot to be "Asian" even though she is from West Asia (Israel)... Like the borders that constitute "Asia" form a giant landmass filled with very diverse people that can look like anything and her native tongue (Hebrew) is an Afro-"Asiatic" language.
    Last edited by Rogue; 05-26-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I'm no sure if she counts but it's weird to me that it makes some people grab their pitchforks out if you consider Gal Gadot to be "Asian" even though she is from West Asia (Israel)... Like the borders that constitute "Asia" form a giant landmass filled with very diverse people that can look like anything and her native tongue (Hebrew) is an Afro-"Asiatic" language.
    Im guessing because Asian has become synonymous with Asians of the Mongoloid variety, for lack of a better term. West Asians are more commonly refered to as Middle Eastern. Indians are refered to as Indians, rather than Asian.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Im guessing because Asian has become synonymous with Asians of the Mongoloid variety, for lack of a better term. West Asians are more commonly refered to as Middle Eastern. Indians are refered to as Indians, rather than Asian.
    I know about the associations. I've known people from those areas who have called themselves "Asian" but get funny looks. I guess it's just stereotypes and or ignorance in the end.
    Last edited by Rogue; 05-26-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Niffleheim

Is this American categorization or the world? Coz the last itime i checked Indian and Pakistanis are still referred as Asians
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-30-2019 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

First off, I don't think anyone appreciates being called mongoloid, even if they happen to be Mongolian. Second, the entire concept of Asia was thought up by the ancient Greeks to just describe anything east of Greece, which ended up being a whole lot bigger and more diverse than they could have possibly imagined. Asia is composed of several distinct cultural spheres and there's nothing that they really have in common with each other aside from not being European. Most of them would probably just prefer you identified them by their actual country of origin rather than lumping them 60% of the world's population into one category.

Israelis usually aren't considered Asian because, rightly or wrongly, most of their neighbors consider them to be European invaders whose roots in the region are completely made up. Culturally they are definitely more aligned with the West and indeed participate in a number of European institutions, but most of them would probably just prefer to be identified as Jewish or Israeli rather than Middle Eastern or Asian.

Attachment 82849

Now that I'm catching up I'm really diggin' The Chi on Showtime. Some bad sistas on this show, specially that young boys mama with the girlfriend. Dont know how this is gonna work out seeing as the star of the show Jason Mitchell was I guess getting real loose with the females on the show to the point his managing agency dumped him. Damn shame. So anywho guess who turns up as a kingpin on the show? My GUY, Carl Lumbly (the end of this scene was priceless)! M.A.N.T.I.S. himself, been a while since the greatest black TV superhero ever got brought up round these parts. Yes, it's a short list.
    Before the golden age of Jimmy BROlson's Guardian and David Harewood's Martian Manhunter on Supergirl and a Vixen app. On Legends and Wally on The Flash. Back in the first superhero wave pre-CW btw i.e. Spawn, Steel, Meteor Man days we got M.A.N.T.I.S. on FOX. Full disclosure I've seen a single episode and was barely watching it and don't remember **** but I will catch up someday but nuff respect nevertheless to C.L. ✊
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Attachment 82849

Now that I'm catching up I'm really diggin' The Chi on Showtime. Some bad sistas on this show, specially that young boys mama with the girlfriend. Dont know how this is gonna work out seeing as the star of the show Jason Mitchell was I guess getting real loose with the females on the show to the point his managing agency dumped him. Damn shame. So anywho guess who turns up as a kingpin on the show? My GUY, Carl Lumbly (the end of this scene was priceless)! M.A.N.T.I.S. himself, been a while since the greatest black TV superhero ever got brought up round these parts. Yes, it's a short list.
    Before the golden age of Jimmy BROlson's Guardian and David Harewood's Martian Manhunter on Supergirl and a Vixen app. On Legends and Wally on The Flash. Back in the first superhero wave pre-CW btw i.e. Spawn, Steel, Meteor Man days we got M.A.N.T.I.S. on FOX. Full disclosure I've seen a single episode and was barely watching it and don't remember **** but I will catch up someday but nuff respect nevertheless to C.L. ✊
    Damn, I loved M.A.N.T.I.S. back in the day. Carl also voiced Martian Manhunter in the DCAU.

Extraordinary Member

I wanna see Fleece Johnson vs. Doctor Manhattan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Attachment 82849

Check out the MANTIS Pilot if you can. The character is more like the Shadow, a dude in a regular suit with the mask then the full on Super Suit of the series.

Also in the pilot Lumby is the sole inventor of the super suit and even has some African Exchange Students as his tech crew. Also Gina Torres was the love interest.

In the series, every POC but Lumby was removed and now the suit was the shared design of Lumby's character and a White British Character added for the series.

I think I still have the pilot on VHS somewhere...lord knows where I put it...

Michael Beach has joined James Wan's Swamp Thing.

https://www.newsarama.com/45355-aqua...amp-thing.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Check out the MANTIS Pilot if you can. The character is more like the Shadow, a dude in a regular suit with the mask then the full on Super Suit of the series.

Also in the pilot Lumby is the sole inventor of the super suit and even has some African Exchange Students as his tech crew. Also Gina Torres was the love interest.

In the series, every POC but Lumby was removed and now the suit was the shared design of Lumby's character and a White British Character added for the series.

I think I still have the pilot on VHS somewhere...lord knows where I put it...
    The series is on DVD now. I still haven't opened my copy yet.