Page 342 of 827 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 12395
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    We need more constructive channels of anger. Certain segments of society are going to disapprove of any protests we do, but burning down your own neighborhood, is actually counter productive and actually sets you back rather than helps you move forward. How much money is going to have to be used to help rebuild, that could have been used more constructively?
    Do you know if all the looters were locals?

Sometimes the Joker creates chaos outside of Gotham.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 05-29-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Well put. Now regarding the shitbird, Office Derek Chauvin, 44 years old, same age as me so he's not some goddamned relic from the pre-civil rights era. Come to find out he has 18 prior complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him. That's the killin' part. The upper management KNOWS the ones in the rank that are prone and have had numerous complaints filed against them and the police unions keep those animals employed and out on the streets. Forget for one second that, I highly DOUBT that the next brotha on the force would be able weather THAT many complaints against him as an officer but what has this cost the city and the taxpayers? Cities have to fork over MILLIONS of dollars in legal restitution and for WHAT? The what is, for no other reason that a general white man shouldn't be denied to work.

Let me break out my Stradivarius over a looted Target, a couple of precincts went up to so... wasn't all for naught.

I'm also glad that the poor sista who was a first responder, shot dead in her apartment after a handful of animals served a no knock warrant,the boyfriends charges were dropped as they should. Prolly should clarify, glad but not glad knowhatImsayin, we so often have to settle for the very least when it comes to justice.

Yo, had that bitch not wrenched up that dog as many times as she did during her tantrum, on top of wasting the police's time, the outrage garnered would have been substantially less.
    So much chaos could have been prevented....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's more than that. Sometimes it's go after one and you get a domino effect.

To where you eventually get to a BIG FISH.
    This is why these tragedies continue to happen.

Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-29-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Well put. Now regarding the shitbird, Office Derek Chauvin, 44 years old, same age as me so he's not some goddamned relic from the pre-civil rights era. Come to find out he has 18 prior complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him. That's the killin' part. The upper management KNOWS the ones in the rank that are prone and have had numerous complaints filed against them and the police unions keep those animals employed and out on the streets. Forget for one second that, I highly DOUBT that the next brotha on the force would be able weather THAT many complaints against him as an officer but what has this cost the city and the taxpayers? Cities have to fork over MILLIONS of dollars in legal restitution and for WHAT? The what is, for no other reason that a general white man shouldn't be denied to work.

Let me break out my Stradivarius over a looted Target, a couple of precincts went up to so... wasn't all for naught.

I'm also glad that the poor sista who was a first responder, shot dead in her apartment after a handful of animals served a no knock warrant,the boyfriends charges were dropped as they should. Prolly should clarify, glad but not glad knowhatImsayin, we so often have to settle for the very least when it comes to justice.

Yo, had that bitch not wrenched up that dog as many times as she did during her tantrum, on top of wasting the police's time, the outrage garnered would have been substantially less.
    The cops are almost untouchable. And in many cases, prosecutors heave up charges they know can’t convict these murderous racist cops so those guys go scot free. Scot free being discharged from the force but still receiving full and handsome benefits when leaving.

There are many devils like Chauvin in the police force and the upper management of the force do nothing about this. As much as I don’t support the riots, sometimes, it’s the reckless show of emotion that these clowns understand. The private businesses I feel sorry for (hope they have insurance) but each moment the precincts are being rebuilt will be a reminder to these fools to curb their excesses.

And I agree with the Central Park Karen sentiment. Lots of people prefer dogs to black people and many people were more horrified by how she was handling the dog and NOT the fact that she called the cops on an “African-American man”.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    We need more constructive channels of anger. Certain segments of society are going to disapprove of any protests we do, but burning down your own neighborhood, is actually counter productive and actually sets you back rather than helps you move forward. How much money is going to have to be used to help rebuild, that could have been used more constructively?
    The reaction to George Floyd’s death is making me further realize that I think a big problem regarding black people getting attacked and other problems of corruption isn’t so much recognizing that it’s happening in the US, but more so understanding the solutions that need to be figured out and put into action. I’ve seen many say “YOU’RE ALL BEING COMPLICIT” or “YOU’RE NOT DOING ENOUGH!” like on Twitter, but rarely seem to take the time to discuss the solutions that should actively be put in place, and many whom seem to try to suggest or act out solutions seem to ultimately delve into more vengeful mob mentality or act out destructively in more extreme cases, and may feel that constantly destroying Targets, police departments, or restaurants is the way to go in pressuring corrupt leaders to help black people, almost as if waging a destructive war.

Invincible Member

When LaVar Burton is cursing, you know things are messed up...

https://twitter.com/levarburton/stat...53337857118208

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The reaction to George Floyd’s death is making me further realize that I think a big problem regarding black people getting attacked and other problems of corruption isn’t so much recognizing that it’s happening in the US, but more so understanding the solutions that need to be figured out and put into action. I’ve seen many say “YOU’RE ALL BEING COMPLICIT” or “YOU’RE NOT DOING ENOUGH!” like on Twitter, but rarely seem to take the time to discuss the solutions that should actively be put in place, and many whom seem to try to suggest or act out solutions seem to ultimately delve into more vengeful mob mentality or act out destructively in more extreme cases, and may feel that constantly destroying Targets, police departments, or restaurants is the way to go in pressuring corrupt leaders to help black people, almost as if waging a destructive war.
    It's Twitter, you're not going to get any solutions there.

As much as I have spoken out today on how much I disagree with the burning and looting I understand that it is out of anger. The fact that the problems have not been addressed and that this type of action seems to be the best answer is heartbreaking and makes me struggle with my belief that things should be worked out within the system.
    There needs to be a conversation on how to address and fix these problems but sadly that is not one that many people want to have. Sure when something like this happens there is out rage, leaders have tier sound bites about how made they are, how they stand with the black community, and how things need to change, some cops will speak out and its all big news for a couple of weeks and then forgotten. Sadly I think that is how things will happen this time. This is America, and worse then that Trump's America so meaningful change against hate and police corruption will not happen anytime soon.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's Twitter, you're not going to get any solutions there.
    Exactly. If one is looking for solutions on Twitter or on social media, then you're wasting your time.

Black Lives Matter put out a very, very detailed manifesto on how police brutality can be curbed YEARS AGO and several other prominent black.voices have done this. Most suggestions involve more members of the community being involved in community policing, revised guidelines on how force is applied etc

Unfortunately, these are ignored and the status quo continues. That's why protests tend to turn violent because it seems no one is listening.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-29-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well, in other news Derek Chauvin's wife has filed divorce.

Lol...no point living with a murderous, clearly sociopathic devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Just in time to protect her assets in divorce proceedings. <3

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if he was abusing her too. Probably feels safe to get out now.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if he was abusing her too. Probably feels safe to get out now.
    Well, she was once convicted of the very crime that her husband's victim was accused of. Maybe that made her afraid for her life.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Never doubt for a moment that there weren't any other options for the Police as far as discipline goes.

The Police Union is strong in New York as well but let a Cop be caught posing with a stripper in uniform or drunk driving or disparaging his superior officers in print ( like a self published newsletter) and Union or not that Cop is losing his job for a certainty.

The Police Brass and the Unions both choose to tolerate racism and brutality, but not say, insubordination.