Page 187 of 827 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 12395

Anybody else here watching Doom Patrol? If not, do yourself a huge favor and start watching. It's by far the best show DC has ever produced! The story flows nicely, the characters are all likeable and it embraces the weird vibe of its source material.

The show has delivered the best version of Cyborg in a really long time (better than the DCEU, comic, and animated versions) and Diane Guerrero is killing it as Crazy Jane! She's so talented! Also the LGBT angle they added to Negative Man just works. Adds a lot to the character and doesn't feel forced. The CW should take notes because that's how you do diversity correctly!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Have to say, I found Captain Marvel to be one of the best origin stories produced by the MCU. I'm planning on watching it again this weekend to look more closely at the art. I wish there was more time in the sci fi world side. The special effects was some of the best seen. Yet the majority of the movie was on earth in the 90's.

In regards to diversity

spoilers:
    The representation I'd give it a B. Most of the main cast was actually black people, Nick Fury, Maria and Monica Romb. The down side was that Nick Fury was pretty much relegated to comic relief in this movie. If this was pre-shield stage, I'd completely understand. But he's already a seasoned shield agent in this movie, and he didn't really do much, besides taking a grade a butt whooping against a skrull.
    end of spoilers

Captain Marvel will be just like the 2016 Ghostbusters, more people will remember the fervor around the movie than the movie itself. I thought it was average. It felt more like a phase 1 movie than anything else. It needed better writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Captain Marvel will be just like the 2016 Ghostbusters, more people will remember the fervor around the movie than the movie itself. I thought it was average. It felt more like a phase 1 movie than anything else. It needed better writing.
    If nothing else, the money it pulls in will be a nice middle finger to the "feminism doesn't sell movies" crowd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If nothing else, the money it pulls in will be a nice middle finger to the "feminism doesn't sell movies" crowd.
    If Nerds ever learned anything the success of Wonder Woman Black Panther AND Crazy Rich Asians would have shut them up.

Frankly the success of Twilight should have been enough to give them a clue. Those movies were driven
    entirely by the Female market.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 03-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Lol

Give Daddy Drake some credit: He didn't willingly put up with any crap when it came to his kid. When he found out that his son was an apprentice vigilante to Batman he was understandably pissed.

And if you are wondering why it took him so long to figure out what the deal was-he got put into a coma as part of Tim's tragic backstory/origin. So for the longest time he wasn't in a position to protest jack (and his wife fared even worse, having been killed outright in said origin story).

The only thing that stopped him from blowing the whistle on the entire Bat operation was it being explained to him (by Alfred, I think) that it would only get him and his kid killed by Batman's foes who weren't gonna give the Drakes a pass for being unwitting accomplices to Batman.

That and Bruce agreed to release Tim from his...service? control? Anyway Bats just made some other kid Steph Brown) Robin behind Mr. Drake's back.

Tim's Dad was in the same position as a Mafia relative: a target for retaliation by association. He had to keep quiet.

But..he ended up getting killed anyway by a super villain , so maybe he should have called the Cops.

SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING
    Its been years since I read the issues since I have them. But from my memory Bruce did not want to replace Tim and left the decision to him. Tim was under pressure from his father to quit or he would expose the "secret" of Bruce Wayne. Which Bruce didn't care , if it happened...it happened. But Bruce did want Tim to stay as Robin so he had to...give a push to make Tim Drake return. It was basically using Stephanie as the female Robin to make it happen.

Tim wasn't pleased and Bruce later seemed to admit it was a bad move due to how it made Steph launch the whole Gang War situation and he thought she had died. (As we later learned Leslie Thompkins faked her death and told Bruce she was tired of him putting children in combat like this)

Unlike Ghostbusters 2016 , Captain Marvel is already a hit film. Unlike the last one which really was a disappointment at box office and has led Sony into a reboot series where they are trying to do a new take.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet. And I am trying my hardest not to read any spoilers. I just want to take the movie for what it is. On its own mertc.

As for the controversy? i think it's all hype. Artificial and overblown. So I have been avoiding it.

I'm going to watch the movie because I have been a long time fan of the character. Seeing her actuallly on screen is a gift enough for a long time fan like me.

Movie really didn't have anything to do with feminism at all lol

It was just a super hero movie lol. Dudes got bent out of shape but a comment Brie made that they didn't understad and took the worst way possible.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Law & Order: Hate Crimes has been delayed.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-nbc-1192215

Astonishing Member

Yeah uh no, Ghostbusters was a bust and the sales behind it was a flop, Captain Marvel is already one of the best selling origin stories in the superhero genre. Now if you weren't feeling the movie, that's fine. But there's already tons of people who watched it who thought it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Yeah uh no, Ghostbusters was a bust and the sales behind it was a flop, Captain Marvel is already one of the best selling origin stories in the superhero genre. Now if you weren't feeling the movie, that's fine. But there's already tons of people who watched it who thought it was really good.
    CM has already doubled GB box office.

Comparing it to GB is insulting.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    CM has already doubled GB box office.

Comparing it to GB is insulting.
    LOL exactly, CM opening weekend has doubled GB entire run, they shouldn't even be in the same breath lol.

After Leaving Neverland, Canadian radio stations have begun pulling Michael Jackson's music

https://news.avclub.com/after-leavin...e-b-1833076920
    Why were they even at Neverland??

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't know anything about Eternals.

But if the shitstorm was that severe by the neck beards for Black Panther, and then seemingly got worse for Captain Marvel... I'm gonna need extra popcorn
    lol it's crazy how maaaad people get

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Call me an eternal pessimist but I don't believe Marvel is actually going to have an openly gay character. At most they might hire an openly gay actor to play one of the characters but I just don't see them having a confirmed gay character in one of their movies.
    Ellen Page is a prrroud lesbian Iceman is Gay AF Valkyrie.... big D!ke

So you remember people got mad that Brie Larson said that they need to invite more Journalist who aren't just white males. Which is the center of the controversy with her. Well here is some interesting news. Jordan Peele new movie "US". He did a press screening where he invited primarily Black Journalist,actors and writers. It even had a name "US first". This is what she was talking about

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...st-1203159397/

I know those people aren't reading this but Jordan Peele held an all Black press screening for his movie AND White male Journalist still have their jobs funny how that works. There is nothing wrong with adding more places at the table(Nobody was trying to take seats away) the message was completely missed because people want to be in their feelings.

Invincible Member

I wanted to post another clip that was mostly scenes of Mary from the show but it looks like it got taken down.