Page 189 of 827 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 12392
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Disney has openly gay character on tv show now and gay celebrations in their theme park.Yeah it is time to put idea to bed they won't do a gay character in MCU movie.
    Having openly gay characters on tv and gay pride celebrations at a theme park is different than having an openly gay character in a blockbuster movie franchise expected to rake in millions upon millions of dollars worldwide.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'll believe it when I see it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Having openly gay characters on tv and gay pride celebrations at a theme park is different than having an openly gay character in a blockbuster movie franchise expected to rake in millions upon millions of dollars worldwide.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'll believe it when I see it.
    It's The Eternals though. It's an obscure title, so Disney/Marvel isn't risking much fan outrage by making one of the characters gay. And the general audience is aware of Disney as a corporation being more gay friendly these days. It's going to take something like Donald Duck being outed for mainstream conservatives to freak out.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's The Eternals though. It's an obscure title, so Disney/Marvel isn't risking much fan outrage by making one of the characters gay. And the general audience is aware of Disney as a corporation being more gay friendly these days. It's going to take something like Donald Duck being outed for mainstream conservatives to freak out.
    I don't think the Eternals being an obscure franchise matters that much though, if it's a mainstream film with an openly gay character releasing internationally and being marketed towards a wide audience including kids then that's going to rile up a lot of homophobes.

Ultimately though I'm tired of discussing this so much in this thread and the LGBT Characters thread, all that remains is to wait and see what happens and I remain skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I just wanna know who is choreographing the fights

Kung Fu movies are all about how good the fights are.

It is one of the many reasons IF on Netflix sucked
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Hopefully this time they cast an actor who can actually throw a bunch. The fight choreography to try and make up for Finn Jones' (self-confessed) lack of martial arts prowess was awkward to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hopefully this time they cast an actor who can actually throw a bunch. The fight choreography to try and make up for Finn Jones' (self-confessed) lack of martial arts prowess was awkward to say the least.
    I think you would have to. Shang doesn't relaly have a costume so you can only hide the actor so much. You can't quick cut a kung fu movie to death. It would look awful.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That does not matter.

Folks who gave no you know what about Monica came out of the wood work to use her to attack Carol.

Folks who gave no you know what about Fantastic Four came out of the wood work when Michael B Jordan got hired.

Folks who didn't care about Devil Dino and Mon Boy suddenly cared when a black girl showed up.

Folks who were hardcore Rich Rider, Ted Kord, Ronnie Raymond & Ray Palmer fans didn't care how badly some of these guys were written in books or were even IN a book. Yet the moment they got replaced the claws came OUT.

Folk who want to bytch and be hostile are going to do that no matter WHO the franchise is.

Extraordinary Member

I want them to get Donnie Yen since or somebody of that level. Sammo. Yung Wo Pung.

I have a suspicion its gonna be whoever the Russos use.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I want them to get Donnie Yen since or somebody of that level. Sammo. Yung Wo Pung.

I looooooooooove TWS and loooooooooove CW

But I don't like that style for kung fu martial arts movies. Need the camera to hold still and let us marvel over the stunts/martial arts being displayed IMO.

The good thing about Shang is that he is powerless so you won't need all the wires and CGI and such that they need for BP/Cap/Bucky/ect. Just need actors that can pull it off (and act lol)

I think you would have to. Shang doesn't relaly have a costume so you can only hide the actor so much. You can't quick cut a kung fu movie to death. It would look awful.
    I agree. I don't want quick, choppy, "12 cuts for one scene" kind of thing for this Shang Chi movie. I want to see some long, uninterrupted, far away shots, where we get to see the extension of the kick or punch, where there are multiple techniques in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I looooooooooove TWS and loooooooooove CW

But I don't like that style for kung fu martial arts movies. Need the camera to hold still and let us marvel over the stunts/martial arts being displayed IMO.

The good thing about Shang is that he is powerless so you won't need all the wires and CGI and such that they need for BP/Cap/Bucky/ect. Just need actors that can pull it off (and act lol)
    It would be tricky to film a good Kung Fu movie. With other action films, the technique can look a little rough, but as long as it does the damage, it's fine. Violence and fighting are like that. Kung Fu is a little different. Yes, the techniques do damage, but there is an aesthetic quality to them. Now, I'm not saying they should get a Kung Fu master with over 20+ years of experience to play Shang. But the person who portrays Shang should train for a good couple of months in Kung Fu. Heck, if the actor was really committed to the role, maybe he could research Kung Fu masters, culture, and philosophy as well. Talk with the masters in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. All of those things would make a difference in the Kung Fu.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't think the Eternals being an obscure franchise matters that much though, if it's a mainstream film with an openly gay character releasing internationally and being marketed towards a wide audience including kids then that's going to rile up a lot of homophobes.

Ultimately though I'm tired of discussing this so much in this thread and the LGBT Characters thread, all that remains is to wait and see what happens and I remain skeptical.
    The homophobes will get riled up, but they'll be riled up regardless. The general audience I believe will be less hysterical.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-13-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That does not matter.

Folks who gave no you know what about Monica came out of the wood work to use her to attack Carol.

Folks who gave no you know what about Fantastic Four came out of the wood work when Michael B Jordan got hired.

Folks who didn't care about Devil Dino and Mon Boy suddenly cared when a black girl showed up.

Folks who were hardcore Rich Rider, Ted Kord, Ronnie Raymond & Ray Palmer fans didn't care how badly some of these guys were written in books or were even IN a book. Yet the moment they got replaced the claws came OUT.

Folk who want to bytch and be hostile are going to do that no matter WHO the franchise is.
    True. But this is the exact same crowd that were so certain that the CM movie was going to fail because of "politics." Look how that turned out for them.

A synopsis and excerpt from War Girls, a sci fi novel inspired by Black Panther.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/read-an-exce...ack-1833155660

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    One of the sillier complaints I'm seeing on facebook is that they disrespected Monica Rambeau by having Carol as Captain Marvel. The "logic" behind that is Monica used the Captain Marvel name first. I find it amusing when people want to pretend these movies follow comic continuity.
    I like both Carol and Monica. I'm a fan of both.

But I have always believed that Monica deserved her own superhero name. One that didn't connect her to the Captain Marvel legacy. She deserved to stand on her own. Because I believe she is a good enough character to have carved out her own unique identity and headlined her own series.