Page 154 of 824 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    It's over and done, but still irritated by Cyborg being erased from the Titans' continuity, mostly because he still doesn't have that strong a presence (as far as personal connections) with the JLA, so a character with a long history has most of it erased. The JLA Cyborg really might as well have been a new character.

Donna, Garth, and Raven are part of a current Titans lineup, while Connor, Bart, Cassie and Tim are reunited in a new Young Justice book ... and I think Damien still has a lineup of all new characters in another Titans book? Anyway, Cyborg could have been in Steel's place in Donna's team, and would have been better in the role ... and maybe have Natasha Irons in the place of foil for Damien's schemes in his book, because he could really use some help in generating interest for a roster full of unknowns.

But, nah. Just stick to your guns of Cyborg-as-Justice-League, because reasons, I guess.
    Garth's back with the Titans?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But Michael beat the case. And literally right now Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein are facing criminal charges. The woman who was Chloe on "Smallville" was arrested for being part of a mind control sex cult recently.
    That is my point. MJ beat the case AND he is dead, yet we get this https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...ndance-776934/ .

Where's Elvis' sexual abuse documentary?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Michael Jackson is still mega-culturally relevant. That means there's still money to be made dragging his name through the mud, as well as the disquieting possibly that he might have done something and gotten away with it. Comparitively, is Elvis still important enough to give a damn over? Cousin Wilbur over at the farm might lose his ****, but who else will care? When I was young, I could name five Elvis songs off the top of my head. My thirteen year old niece doesn't even know who he was.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

A conflux of R. Kelly's victims and angry moms thereof are speaking out now, that's why there's a documentary now.

And there were complaints sworn against Kelly at least since the early aughts.

That (blatantly) ain't the case with Elvis.

Why are peeps more worried about what MIGHT happen to R.Kelly than what likely DID happen to Dominque Kramer?

Last I checked she (and her Mom) was also Black. Where's the pearl clutching on (their) behalf?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The way it’s going, “Halo dying” will soon become a meme from Young Justice.

That being said, I’m a little uncomfortable with the violence in the show. I was watching it with my little boy and he (and I) were a bit shocked at the violence.

Needless to say, he and I can’t watch it together again which is a little sad to me...but heck...I guess WB is going for young adults and teens this time.
    I think it's good to show that violence can have terrible consequences, but you're 100% on the mark about Halo. They are really abusing her healing factor in ways that are pretty gross. Are they setting us up for a payoff where it finally doesn't save her? More to the point, why are they singling her out for so much punishment? I don't like it. It feels so edge lord-ey. "Hey guys, here's a sweet natured young woman blessed with a gentle personality: Now watch us turn her a squeezed tube. It's okay, she always comes back!"

So mean.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Some restraint would have served them well. I think.

Kids don't read comics. This SHOULD be the 8-10 crowds gateway into the DCU.

They already had the 18 and up crowd. This is pandering.
    But the only reason that the show is back is because of the 18 and up crowd, I would understand if this was still marketed on Cartoon network but the only way for kids to "legally" watch this show is through a payed subscription. How many parents would even subscribe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    That is my point. MJ beat the case AND he is dead, yet we get this https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...ndance-776934/ .

Where's Elvis' sexual abuse documentary?
    Is there a Rick James sex abuse documentary? Or one about James Brown beating his wives? I mean, I actually agree with your larger point that there's a double standard when it comes to black men in general. But I'm not so sure that what's going on with R Kelly now is a good example of it.

Yeah, barely anyone is having any real consequences from any of the metoo stuff. I don't see a huge black white issue here. Just need to burn it all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Is there a Rick James sex abuse documentary? Or one about James Brown beating his wives? I mean, I actually agree with your larger point that there's a double standard when it comes to black men in general. But I'm not so sure that what's going on with R Kelly now is a good example of it.
    And let's not forget Anthony Anderson has beaten not three accusations of sex crimes if we're focusing on black guys that are still alive. It certainly hasn't stopped him from having a career on Black-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Garth's back with the Titans?
    My bad, I was confusing his name with Beast Boy's. Garth isn't in the current roster but yeah, he was I think on Donna's team, before the current line-up. Following the whole Titans Hunt thing ...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    I originally responded to the notion that we should skip over other predators like Elvis (cuz he's dead) while focusing solely on R. Kelly. Funny how that doesn't apply to Michael Jackson.
    A conflux of R. Kelly's victims and angry moms thereof are speaking out now, that's why there's a documentary now.

And there were complaints sworn against Kelly at least since the early aughts.

That (blatantly) ain't the case with Elvis.

Why are peeps more worried about what MIGHT happen to R.Kelly than what likely DID happen to Dominque Kramer?

Last I checked she (and her Mom) was also Black. Where's the pearl clutching on (their) behalf?

Last we saw Elvis past with teen girls has came up now in some biographies and had he not married Priscilla in 1967 there was talk her father would get him charged with the Mann Act for taking a teenage girl across state lines. (This after giving his approval for her to live with him , but as Priscilla Presley claims they never did anything til they married..no idea if that is true or not) .

Jerry Lee Lewis had his career go into the shitter for years due to his marriage to his 13 year old cousin. People weren't happy with Lewis and his career while it did return with going into country music in late 1960's , he never was at the peak he was at before that. So you could point at Lewis who took a big hit then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Erykah Badu gets backlash for "R. Kelly defense"

“I love you. Unconditionally,” she tweeted. “That doesn’t mean I support your poor choices. I want healing for you and anyone you have hurt as a result of you being hurt. Is that strange to you ? That’s all I’ve ever said. Anything else has been fabricated or taken out of context.”
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/bla...t-a-1831910494

On the one hand, I get what she was saying or trying to say. On the other, it's kind of an inability to read the room and it was probably best not to talk about Kelly at all.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-21-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Elvis has been dead since before John Legend was born, R.Kelly might have #$%^ed a 13 year old yesterday for all we know.

Who do you think needs immediate calling out?
    Each and every one of them.....dead or alive.

At the very least, don't continue to honor the memory of a predator who had "a little less conversation, and a little more action" with a teen girl.

I only hunger for consistency.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Last we saw Elvis past with teen girls has came up now in some biographies and had he not married Priscilla in 1967 there was talk her father would get him charged with the Mann Act for taking a teenage girl across state lines. (This after giving his approval for her to live with him , but as Priscilla Presley claims they never did anything til they married..no idea if that is true or not) .

Jerry Lee Lewis had his career go into the shitter for years due to his marriage to his 13 year old cousin. People weren't happy with Lewis and his career while it did return with going into country music in late 1960's , he never was at the peak he was at before that. So you could point at Lewis who took a big hit then.
    In the decades since, people still use the persona, music, & likeness of Elvis in various commercials, TV Shows, and movies. You can actually earn a living as an Elvis impersonator. A wrestler, Honky Tonk Man, was based on Elvis.

In the decades since, we have seen commercials use "great balls of fire" to promote products. The song was used in Top Gun.

If we are not going to urinate on their graves, then at the very least, folks should not continue promoting their musical legacies.

Extraordinary Member

I think folks just need to understand that DC is really into grim-dark stuff.

I hold great affection for bronze age DC & Marvel. However, I have to cheery pick DC post Alan Moore & Frank Miller. It's like people read their DC work, focused solely on the darkness, and applied it to their books, films, and now animation.