Page 364 of 824 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 12355

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The following shows are coming to Netflix:

Moesha - Aug 1

The Game S1-3 - Aug 15

Sister Sister - Sept 1

Girlfriends - Sept 11

The Parkers - Oct 1

Half & Half - Oct 15

One on One - Oct 15

https://twitter.com/strongblacklead/...770129920?s=20
    Yessssssssssss, I grew up on all these shows. No more watching low quality rips from apps and shady websites

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

R.I.P. Malik B (formerly the other emcee in The Roots). He was only 47.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Moesha - Aug 1
    The Game S1-3 - Aug 15
    Sister Sister - Sept 1
    Girlfriends - Sept 11
    The Parkers - Oct 1
    Half & Half - Oct 15
    One on One - Oct 15

m. Couple questions, assuming this rollout was to happen anyway (YUH-RIGHT lol) how much was the UPN catalog and two where is Homeboys in Outter Space? We're a generation out from that gem at the same time the Sci-Fi culture is way bigger than it was back in the late 90s. Lol, CW was like, we got these dancing frog bumpers too if you want em,

Like they would have had to buy shows like Malcolm and Eddie, The Hughleys and In the House separately.
    The Hugleys belong to Fox.
    Moesha was originally meant for CBS. Half & Half, Girlfriends & The Game 1-3 belong to CBS.
    Homeboys in Space belong to DISNEY. Because Touchstone Television did them.
    All of Us is Warner Brothers-so it could show up.
    Malcolm & Eddie has two owners- 1-3 belong to Jeff Franklin (Full House) and Sony for season 4.
    In The House seems to belong to NBC-so where Fresh Prince goes they go.
    Interesting they got One on One but not it's spinoff Cuts.
    Wonder will they get Grownups (Jaleel White's show) (I still need 1 more episode)
    I wonder how many will be edited. There is an advance to recording these shows back in the day.
    I wish they would get Thea & Me & The Boys. So we can see folks who would become famous months after ABC cancelled both shows.

Thea got axed-Brandy & the late Yvette Wilson go on to Moesah and Derrick Cheavants goes onto Sliders.
    Me & The Boys gets Axed-Steve Harvey goes on The Steve Harvey Show and Madge Sinclair's final show.

When is someone going to stream Kids Incorporated? So we can see a Then unknown folks like Shanice, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Fergie, Mario Lopez, Cory Tyler, Scott Wolf, Rashaan Patterson, Haylie Johnson (Ashley from Growing Pains sister), Eric Balfour and LOL the original Kelly Bundy's sister.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Yessssssssssss, I grew up on all these shows. No more watching low quality rips from apps and shady websites

Some of those are on networks.

However some of those networks are NOT on Direct Tv or Dish or Spectrum. You need something that gets local stations for the tv.

Moesha - Aug 1

The Game S1-3 - Aug 15

Sister Sister - Sept 1

Girlfriends - Sept 11

The Parkers - Oct 1

Half & Half - Oct 15

One on One - Oct 15

Not in canada though

Moesha - Aug 1

The Game S1-3 - Aug 15

Sister Sister - Sept 1

Girlfriends - Sept 11

The Parkers - Oct 1

Half & Half - Oct 15

One on One - Oct 15

This list has one thing in common: all of these shows lasted 3 seasons or more. So anyone wondering, for example, where's Cuts, that show lasted two seasons.

I guess Netflix doesn't see the profit in bringing in 1-season or 2-season shows from UPN, which looking at their wiki they had a LOT of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This list has one thing in common: all of these shows lasted 3 seasons or more. So anyone wondering, for example, where's Cuts, that show lasted two seasons.
    I guess that answers @Surf's question about Home Boys In Outer Space.

"I’ll say this: I don’t think what’s happening is a racism problem," the actor clarified. "I think it’s an unawareness problem. With Marvel, I really think with most companies, they feel like they’re doing what they should be doing. In no way, shape, or form, is it enough. My big thing is, put your money where your mouth is. You can’t cast a Black dude as one of your main superheroes and not expect him to have that conversation. It’s just in my DNA to have that conversation."

"It’s a huge opportunity for me to be part of the Marvel universe so it’s my job to make sure the Marvel universe is as good as it can be," Mackie continued, sounding a lot like Captain America. "Anyone who’s big in our industry, if they have a party at their house, their party is 98 percent white. If you go to their office and their office is 98 percent white, that reflects their reality."

Taking of Cap, it's expected that Mackie will pick up that mantle following the upcoming Disney+ series (which was recently delayed from next month to an undisclosed premiere date), and he went on to talk about how it felt to be handed the mantle of Captain America from Marvel Studios.

"It was humbling, just simply because of my background and where I came from," he explained. "It’s even more humbling considering where we are as a country. Marvel has done a lot as far as actors in front of the camera. Having Captain America pass the shield to a Black guy. Every studio has to do more about ushering more people into the business."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Fam. Couple questions, assuming this rollout was to happen anyway (YUH-RIGHT lol) how much was the UPN catalog and two where is Homeboys in Outter Space? We're a generation out from that gem at the same time the Sci-Fi culture is way bigger than it was back in the late 90s. Lol, CW was like, we got these dancing frog bumpers too if you want em,
    Hmm... I could see Homeboys in Outer Space getting cancelled online today. I remember watching that show as a kid and hearing it get crapped on for promoting stereotypes. I think I was the only kid who liked watching it.

I guess Netflix doesn't see the profit in bringing in 1-season or 2-season shows from UPN, which looking at their wiki they had a LOT of them.
    In all fairness to Netflix, tv shows generally have to go at least 4 or 5 seasons in order to make it into syndication.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Been watching a lot of Melina Pendulum videos. This is her newest one, and it brings up 3 different yet relevant situations regarding Black Women actresses. While denouncing Sleepy Hallow for the apparently second time, for those who may have once watched it.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-30-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Been watching a lot of Melina Pendulum videos. This is her newest one, and it brings up 3 different yet relevant situations regarding Black Women actresses. While denouncing Sleepy Hallow for the apparently second time, for those who may have once watched it.
    Do NOT get me started on Sleepy Hollow...

If it was up to me I'd revive the show and Bobby Ewing part of the second season and ALL of the third and fourth seasons.

Astonishing Member

Do NOT get me started on Sleepy Hollow...

If it was up to me I'd revive the show and Bobby Ewing part of the second season and ALL of the third and fourth seasons.
    Never followed Sleepy Hallow, myself. She and many in her comments section were really upset, however.

(Not sure I caught everything you were trying to say there, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Never followed Sleepy Hallow, myself. She and many in her comments section were really upset, however.
    ...I agree with Nicole Beharie wholeheartedly. I watched the show so I followed all of this in real time. I and others correctly guessed the 4th season without her would be its last.

(Not sure I caught everything you were trying to say there, though.)
    I used a character as a verb, basically. I'd pick a point somewhere in season 2 and make everything after that point a dream or somehow non-canon and then pick up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "I’ll say this: I don’t think what’s happening is a racism problem," the actor clarified. "I think it’s an unawareness problem. With Marvel, I really think with most companies, they feel like they’re doing what they should be doing. In no way, shape, or form, is it enough. My big thing is, put your money where your mouth is. You can’t cast a Black dude as one of your main superheroes and not expect him to have that conversation. It’s just in my DNA to have that conversation."

"It’s a huge opportunity for me to be part of the Marvel universe so it’s my job to make sure the Marvel universe is as good as it can be," Mackie continued, sounding a lot like Captain America. "Anyone who’s big in our industry, if they have a party at their house, their party is 98 percent white. If you go to their office and their office is 98 percent white, that reflects their reality."

Taking of Cap, it's expected that Mackie will pick up that mantle following the upcoming Disney+ series (which was recently delayed from next month to an undisclosed premiere date), and he went on to talk about how it felt to be handed the mantle of Captain America from Marvel Studios.

"It was humbling, just simply because of my background and where I came from," he explained. "It’s even more humbling considering where we are as a country. Marvel has done a lot as far as actors in front of the camera. Having Captain America pass the shield to a Black guy. Every studio has to do more about ushering more people into the business."
    Link please?