Page 478 of 827 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What she said to wanda at the end was groan inducing.

Instead of being team wanda (bad imo) or team sword (very bad), I wish she was a third perspective... Thanos tore his life apart too and she didn't come back and screw ove ra whole town lol
    Eh, I didn't mind it. I don't think it was supposed to be taken as that she really would have done the same thing, if she had Wanda's powers, just that she was trying to be sympathetic/supportive of Wanda at that moment. Which was consistent characterization, since they'd had her as being sympathetic with Wanda through the whole thing, including her thinking that appealing to Wanda's humanity was the only way to save the town. I can even buy her being able to empathize with Wanda easier than the audience could, given the story tells us that the people in the town had some kind of telepathic connection with Wanda, and Monica got that, only wasn't trapped there as long or as helplessly as the rest of the town.

Agreed that her role in the story was a little underwhelming, though. I guess we can't really complain though, since the show is called WandaVision -- the main characters are right in the title. Really if anything, Vision's remaining absolutely in adoration and devotion to her was a little bit hard for me to buy. If you say he wasn't a real person and never had free will, then sure. But I think he's supposed to have been real, so I think his being even a little bit irritated about the whole thing might have been understandable.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Here's what's really rich about the whole Lola Bunny craziness:

https://www.garbageday.email/p/pleas...out-lola-bunny

It's not actually about the real Lola.

Long story short, this nontroversy started because some guy posted a comparison between new Lola and old Lola but it turns out the image of old Lola he was using wasn't actually from the first Space Jam movie. It was erotic fan art of Lola.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Here's what's really rich about the whole Lola Bunny craziness:

https://www.garbageday.email/p/pleas...out-lola-bunny

It's not actually about the real Lola.

Long story short, this nontroversy started because some guy posted a comparison between new Lola and old Lola but it turns out the image of old Lola he was using wasn't actually from the first Space Jam movie. It was erotic fan art of Lola.
    Some people are trolling/clickbaiting and others are taking the bait. Either way, this whole thing is funny and shouldn't be taken seriously. Her new design looks more like an actual basketball uniform, the arm sleeves are cool.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

The Looney Tunes character on hard times is Pepé Le Pew.

As a kid, I always thought he was funny. I still think he's funny, but I clearly now have a lot more sympathy for Penelope.

I wonder if my early enjoyment of Gambit & Rogue was somewhat inspired by Pepé Le Pew & Penelope?

If only Penelope had Rogue's strength.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-07-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

As a kid, I always thought he was funny. I still think he's funny, but I clearly now have a lot more sympathy for Penelope.

I wonder if my early enjoyment of Gambit & Rogue was somewhat inspired by Pepé Le Pew & Penelope?

Not for nothing, I always thought that Rogue was too good for Gambit.

Gambit is kinda weird (and I like Gambit lol)

In one way, he was defnitely creepy for a time.

In counter to that... he actually did seem to care for rogue outside of wanting to bone. Especially since, he, well... couldn't lol.

So he literally lusted over something he could not have. at all. Yet... still liked her.

He also got toned down a tone after the edgy 90s stuff lol

Are they still married or did that get broken up too? Haven't paid attention to the X world in a long time. Is Gambit even on Krokoa lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

In counter to that... he actually did seem to care for rogue outside of wanting to bone. Especially since, he, well... couldn't lol.

So he literally lusted over something he could not have. at all. Yet... still liked her.

Are they still married or did that get broken up too? Haven't paid attention to the X world in a long time. Is Gambit even on Krokoa lol?
    I think they still are married. Rogue, like most of the X-Women, really doesn't have the best taste in guys. If not Gambit, then *shudders* Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

And now it looks like they've cut Pepe Le Pew's scene from Space Jam 2.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Some of this mess needs to stop.

If he is not grabbing on females and all that-why cut him out?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Does pepe do anything else?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Does pepe do anything else?
    That’s definitely a reason for WB to shrug their shoulders and cut him - Pepe was a one-trick pony, and once you remove that particular trick, he’s just a background character who’s contributions can be picked up by other characters without any issue.

If all the character really does is callback to some cartoons that are problematic in a way different and less supported than other cartoon characters, why waste time with him?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Gambit & Rogue are married.

Pepé Le Pew seemingly wanted what he could not have, like early Gambit.

I still like Gambit. I always found him hilarious.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Not for nothing, I always thought that Rogue was too good for Gambit.
    I think their story is the woman successfully changing the bad boy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I heard his part dealt with Pepé getting his comeuppance in a modern setting which I think would be funny, and educational.