Page 255 of 827 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 12395
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Caesar gets a five second background cameo and Huey actually wins a fight. #boondocks2019

Bringing back Cindy McPhearson would be better, imo. She was funny. Caesar had exactly one good storyline in the strip, and that was trying to get Condoleezza Rice a man.
    Sounds like a "Why not both?" situation to me.

Caesar is to Huey what show!Cindy became to Riley (just not consistently 'cause she was absent so often): a friend/companion and foil for their characters. I feel the show missed the opportunity to have a foil to Huey who was also his staunchest ally, and in some cases, his better half.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-19-2019 at 08:31 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    what FF movies do I need to watch to understand Hobbs/Shaw?
    None. In fact, you might like it better if you avoid the FF movies altogether, because Shaw's background is some convoluted 90's marvel X-men ****. (Shaw is the older brother of another FF villain also named Shaw who was crippled in a plane crash, and swore revenge. He actually killed a way cooler character named Han, but due to sequelitis, no one remembers or cares so now he's just one of the gang.)

Only thing you need to know is that Hobbs is the brute force supercop who's allegedly a tactical military genius, but he literally just smashes everything in front of him because **** it, he's the Rock, and Shaw is a gutter-cunning thief/martial artist who always has a plan. They each hate each other because the other one is always turning up where the other isn't wanted, and they'd very much like to kill the other guy.

So, basically :

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I don't think it will be really necessary to see any of them. But if you want to be caught up speed thoroughly start at Fast & Furious 5 (introduction of Hobbs), Fast & Furious 6(introduction of Decker Shaw brother who is the villain ), Fast & Furious 7( Introduction of Decker Shaw) , Fast & Furious 8( Hobbs and Shaw team up a little). No recent Fast and Furious is a bad watch with the understanding that you are watching a superhero movie and these guys powers is to drive cars amazingly. They are over top action movie which should be fun watches especially if you are just watching them once.

None. In fact, you might like it better if you avoid the FF movies altogether, because Shaw's background is some convoluted 90's marvel X-men ****. (Shaw is the older brother of another FF villain also named Shaw who was crippled in a plane crash, and swore revenge. He actually killed a way cooler character named Han, but due to sequelitis, no one remembers or cares so now he's just one of the gang.)

Only thing you need to know is that Hobbs is the brute force supercop who's allegedly a tactical military genius, but he literally just smashes everything in front of him because **** it, he's the Rock, and Shaw is a gutter-cunning thief/martial artist who always has a plan. They each hate each other because the other one is always turning up where the other isn't wanted, and they'd very much like to kill the other guy.

So, basically :

Was Hobbs ever described as a tactical genius? The way Brian described him in 5, it sounded like his advantage was being a human Terminator, he just keeps coming at you and coming at you until he gets you.

Shaw being one of the gang is the same reason Hobbs is now part of the family. He was really popular so of course they'll use him again. As much as I like Han, his character can't compete with Statham in terms of how many people love him. Least he and Giselle are together now.

From what I understand, Johnson and Diesel had some falling out (they didn't share any scenes together in the last film) so this is a way to have Hobbs do his thing while they come up with another movie for Dom and co. Hobbs working with Shaw makes more sense than him calling up a bunch of smarter-than-average car thieves anyway. Especially given what they are facing now.

The 1994 Roger Corman produced masterpiece, of course.

*rimshot*
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

]
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sorry what does this gif mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry what does this gif mean?
    me trying to calculate shaw's background

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Arrow

So, basically :

At least lifting Shaw out of the main series means the characters don't have to explain why they let him live after saving Dom's kid.

Its probably Hobbes' job to put up with people like Shaw so that part makes some kind of sense ( as long as you don't think too hard about why Shaw isn't in a Gitmo type jail).

And Hobbes barely knew Han so he's got no personal reason to want payback.

Empire’s Bryshere Gray Is the Latest Castmember to Get Into a (Minor) Dustup With Chicago Law Enforcement

According to TMZ, actor Bryshere Gray, who plays baby boy Hakeem Lyon on the show, was arrested in Chicago on a misdemeanor traffic offense — that of not having the drapes match the curtains on his ride, aka, lacking proper registration papers.

To perhaps make matters worse, traffic agents charged that Gray had neither a license nor insurance for the 2014 Rolls-Royce he was driving.

After being booked, Gray was ticketed and released, the Associated Press reports.
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/emp...get-1835634575

To be fair the cost for my belief suspension for a couple hours still has a price point, that said I've been at this since the 80's, you gotta work with me here. If you'd have told the 13 year old me that a plausible and convincing Iron Man would be in about a dozen movies and nearly another near dozen dudes will have played Batman on TV and film (yes I count Steve Amell as a Batman) I'd screamed out 'this muthaeffer tried to touch me!' Which is a long was of saying that I checked out of the FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise, after the movie where they dragged the safe through Miami. After that I said to myself, one day I'm gonna have the flu and hopefully USA network is running a FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise marathon and between lapses I may hope to catch up. Leads me to a question tho- What actually IS Dwayne Johnson's most rewatchable movie?? Am I wrong is saying it's STILL The Rundown? Love that movie but dude makes largely forgettable movies. Also the studios have a share of the blame too.

I would argue, on an action movie level, Jean Claude VanDam has made (albeit less expensive) 'better', cooler for sho, or more memorable movies than The Rock has. I appreciate he's of color more than anything and back in the day when I was wrasslin' nut, I didn't miss a RAW, Smackdown or PPV when he was on the rise and then on top. I also feel he's made more movies that Schwarzenegger yet there is no T2 or Commando on his IMDB page. I guess because Johnson isn't into a great deal of R-rated fare, I mean I kinda dug Faster for what it was but as a whole it's like I guess I'm cool with him doing it, I'm just not compelled to participate in it. Or I guess wake me when a Black Adam trailer drops.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    To be fair the cost for my belief suspension for a couple hours still has a price point, that said I've been at this since the 80's, you gotta work with me here. If you'd have told the 13 year old me that a plausible and convincing Iron Man would be in about a dozen movies and nearly another near dozen dudes will have played Batman on TV and film (yes I count Steve Amell as a Batman) I'd screamed out 'this muthaeffer tried to touch me!' Which is a long was of saying that I checked out of the FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise, after the movie where they dragged the safe through Miami. After that I said to myself, one day I'm gonna have the flu and hopefully USA network is running a FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise marathon and between lapses I may hope to catch up. Leads me to a question tho- What actually IS Dwayne Johnson's most rewatchable movie?? Am I wrong is saying it's STILL The Rundown? Love that movie but dude makes largely forgettable movies. Also the studios have a share of the blame too.

I would argue, on an action movie level, Jean Claude VanDam has made (albeit less expensive) 'better', cooler for sho, or more memorable movies than The Rock has. I appreciate he's of color more than anything and back in the day when I was wrasslin' nut, I didn't miss a RAW, Smackdown or PPV when he was on the rise and then on top. I also feel he's made more movies that Schwarzenegger yet there is no T2 or Commando on his IMDB page. I guess because Johnson isn't into a great deal of R-rated fare, I mean I kinda dug Faster for what it was but as a whole it's like I guess I'm cool with him doing it, I'm just not compelled to participate in it. Or I guess wake me when a Black Adam trailer drops.
    That is a great point about Johnson.

I can't think of a single thing I've watched of his that I've rewatched.... not one. I don't think I have a single dvd/bluray (yes im a dinosaur) that he is in....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I'm on the same boat with you. I was just thinking last night how I have never watched a film starring the Rock....twice. In fact, I think "Faster" was the last film I saw of him.

I'm probably a lowlife for admitting this, but I still get the giggles reminiscing about the Rock (and Nation of Domination) humiliating Chyna in the ring. That type of heel heat would never fly today.

His in ring stuff is iconic, but his films are forgettable to me.

I'm still on the fence about the Black Adam film (whenever WB gets around to making it). I have not watched a DC film since Justice League. I'll most likely watch the next Batman film.

Extraordinary Member

That is a great point about Johnson.

I can't think of a single thing I've watched of his that I've rewatched.... not one. I don't think I have a single dvd/bluray (yes im a dinosaur) that he is in....
    You could make the case that Johnson works better in ensemble pieces or supporting cast roles where he gets to play against type (big but dumb, big but flamingly Gay, big but cowardly) in action movies where he's the star, his go to is the same no nonsense tough guy act that he's used since Rundown.

It doesn't help him any that unlike Arnold, Van Damme or even Vin Disel, dude seems leery of fantasy/sf. Or at least he doesn't seem to seek out those scripts the way those guys do (or did).

He probably wouldn't even want to touch Black Adam except he understands that its a cross between his first role as the Scorpion king and his wrasslin' heel personal and as such he could do it in his sleep.