Page 393 of 412 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 6170
  1. #5881
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.

    Storm will be used bc she has to be. She is the Xmen version of Black panther.

    Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    I can see what you're getting at. I looked up Gentle and his powers were underwhelming. But since it's a movie what's to stop a good screenwriter or director from building up the characters they do have or even introducing a new one in the film? They don't have to make the mistakes the comics did (poor handing of Darwin aside).

  2. #5882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks for asking and being respectful. I just didnt understand. I will be more conscious of this in the future. It was never my intent to take away from the topic.
    To be fair, your intent now that you've explained it, seems sincere. Sadly that's rare. When others do that...its, well..."Let's talk about something REALLY important." But if you continue I (and I suspect others) will know where you're coming from, so its up to you.



    It would be cool to see Bishop on the team. maybe instead of doing the tired Days of Future Past story with him you can tie him into Kang since he is rumored to be in The Mcu next. Like have him be a former member of Kang's forces or comes back in time. have him enlist The Xmens help to stop Kang and really set Kang up as not just an Avengers problem but a MCU problem.
    Agreed. Hopefully we'll see Bishop if Marvel's gonna mess around with time travel big time now.

  3. #5883
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.

    Storm will be used bc she has to be. She is the Xmen version of Black panther.

    Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    Why do we always have to have Cable and Bishop? Why not try something new.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  4. #5884
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I can see what you're getting at. I looked up Gentle and his powers were underwhelming. But since it's a movie what's to stop a good screenwriter or director from building up the characters they do have or even introducing a new one in the film? They don't have to make the mistakes the comics did (poor handing of Darwin aside).
    Gentle's powers is the least offensive thing about him lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #5885
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I would rather Marvel use the many mutants or mutates who are Black than racebending Gambit. It's been about 30 years at this point. Imagine if instead of Marvel pushing Black Panther they had decided to racebend Steve Rogers.
    I think M would be an interesting choice, there aren't too many heroes in the MCU with her powerset. Just Captain Marvel and Thor, and Thor can't fly without the hammer so she's got that going for her. Though she is a telepath, you can't seem to swing a dead cat around the x-men without hitting a telepath. It would be nice if they actually tried to use some of the lesser known x-men, but they won't. Frenzy would be nice too, but people would complain that she's a genderbent Luke Cage.

  6. #5886
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Why do we always have to have Cable and Bishop? Why not try something new.
    Ok no cable.

    still doesn't fit on a main X men team.

    He'd have to have his own story somewhere to explain why he is time traveling and such.

    Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  7. #5887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ok no cable.

    still doesn't fit on a main X men team.

    He'd have to have his own story somewhere to explain why he is time traveling and such.

    Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol
    The fanboy in me wants a Bishop and Aliyah series. Marvel would call security on me during my pitch meeting though, but I'd love to see that.

  8. #5888
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.
    Personally, I'd leave out the time travel stuff for Bishop and have Cable do that role.


    Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    The MCU made the Guardians of the Galaxy into a household name and these were characters even most comic fans didn't really have a high opinion of. Aquaman became a billion dollar hit. All these characters need is investment and some of them have more going for them than the Guardians or Aquaman did for most of their histories.

  9. #5889
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Personally, I'd leave out the time travel stuff for Bishop and have Cable do that role.



    The MCU made the Guardians of the Galaxy into a household name and these were characters even most comic fans didn't really have a high opinion of. Aquaman became a billion dollar hit. All these characters need is investment and some of them have more going for them than the Guardians or Aquaman did for most of their histories.
    They didn't spend billions getting fox to promote a Synch and Crew solo film

    I mean, yeah, MCU used obscure characters like GoG (2x) and Ant Man (2x) and Eternals.

    But they also used Hulk, Iron Man (3x), Captain America (3x), Thor (3 and counting), Avengers, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr Strange, ect.

    GoG was like their tenth movie. It isn't like they did one captain america movie and went, "hey look guys Racoon!"
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  10. #5890
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gentle's powers is the least offensive thing about him lol
    I'm not familiar with him tbh. From what I read online he's Wakandan and apparently a pacifist. But I've seen characters that on paper shouldn't work at all but with good writing they turned out fine.

  11. #5891
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ok no cable.

    still doesn't fit on a main X men team.

    He'd have to have his own story somewhere to explain why he is time traveling and such.

    Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol
    They could just do a movie based on his time with District X...

  12. #5892
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They didn't spend billions getting fox to promote a Synch and Crew solo film

    I mean, yeah, MCU used obscure characters like GoG (2x) and Ant Man (2x) and Eternals.

    But they also used Hulk, Iron Man (3x), Captain America (3x), Thor (3 and counting), Avengers, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr Strange, ect.

    GoG was like their tenth movie. It isn't like they did one captain america movie and went, "hey look guys Racoon!"
    Yeah they started with the more popular characters they have and then went with the more obscure ones. They could do the same with the X-characters. I'm not saying they have to immediately start with Synch or whoever.

  13. #5893
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    I know he will never make it to film. But I really Loved G.W. Bridge. It would really be cool to see him show up in the X Men movie as like the groups lesion to Shield.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  14. #5894
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    DC/WB need to take a page from Marvel/Disney's book. Ms Marvel and Miles Morales have been major players in pretty video game franchises.

    There's no reason to not see the Jaime Reyes play a bigger role in other DC related media. We barely even see him comics despite having a very cool look and powerset.
    Credit to DC, they at least know their latino characters from their non-latino ones.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...89775854374920

    Yeah, that's Julia Carpenter in an image of latino Marvel heroes not Anya Corazon.

  15. #5895
    Oni of the Ash Moon Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Here, for now.
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

    Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol
    Are there any outside of Blade and Black Panther? I don't know if Bishop would draw interest for a movie, though maybe a movie mini series on Disney+ would work.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •