Page 445 of 827 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I believe that it was the art of war that said "If you want to defeat your enemy you have to think like them." I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought process of the Trumper. I don't think of him as anomaly, but as a symptom of a much greater disease. Why would so many people get taken in by him? Joe Biden, honestly, didn't run a very good campaign, feel good platitudes, soul of the nation, wear a mask, he didn't really talk policy. You had to vote for him, and you had to be excited about it, if you aren't then you get hit with a deluge of shame. Shame isn't a motivator, it only makes people dig their heels in and do more behavior that the other people don't like. Politics has become a team sport, which isn't good for anyone. He wasn't even counting on people to like him, but on people to hate Trump more. His campaign was a lethal cocktail of cynicism, nostalgia and fear.

The only thing Trump is good at is making people believe he's successful. This man has failed upwards 1000x over. A lot of his supporters believe that he's sticking it to those smug annoying liberals, them and their NPR (the classical station is good though) and Whole Foods (I mean I get it, but why pay 8$ for asparagus water?)
    IDK what is going to happen when the next Trump-like candidate isn't a raging idiot.

If Trump had an ounce of political no-how... he would have been extremely damaging.

If he knew how to play the game 5% of of Turtle Mitch's skills... yikes.

Trump literally had a chance to bribe people with stimulus checks and still couldn't muster the brain power to do it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IDK what is going to happen when the next Trump-like candidate isn't a raging idiot.

If Trump had an ounce of political no-how... he would have been extremely damaging.

If he knew how to play the game 5% of of Turtle Mitch's skills... yikes.

Trump literally had a chance to bribe people with stimulus checks and still couldn't muster the brain power to do it
    Senator Josh Hawley is one to watch out for. He's young, he sounds smart, but he isn't. A lot of these political wonks are finally starting to understand that if you change peoples lives on a direct, material level, they'll be more likely to vote for you.

Another thing that I don't get is this obsession both parties have with the suburbs. Maybe it's because I've worked on them, driven through them, and listened to the song Subdivisions a million times, but I never got the impression that suburbs were great. They're idyllic, but soulless, safe, but stifling.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 01-06-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Senator Josh Hawley is one to watch out for. He's young, he sounds smart, but he isn't. A lot of these political wonks are finally starting to understand that if you change peoples lives on a direct, material level, they'll be more likely to vote for you.

Another thing that I don't get is this obsession both parties have with the suburbs. Maybe it's because I've worked on them, driven through them, and listened to the song Subdivisions a million times, but I never got the impression that suburbs were great. They're idyllic, but soulless, safe, but stifling.
    Because they are the swing vote. In most states the urban areas are blue and the rural areas are read. It’s really in the suburbs where the toss up votes are. States with more liberal suburbs go blue, and states with more conservative suburbs go red.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Black people can’t even sleep in bed safely at night without getting shot and killed by police. But when white nationalists attempt a coup, suddenly cops can’t even find their handcuffs. https://t.co/01Luv6s9bV

— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) January 6, 2021
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Most of them talk A LOT OF **** on social media.

They've gone into full meltdown, so much so they've abandoned Fox News. LOLOLOL.

The GOP is really paying the price for the last 4 years of unbridled bigotry and racism that's erupted since Trump's election. Note, I'm not saying that racism started with Trump just that a lot of racists and bigots have come out of the woodwork since the last election.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Black people can’t even sleep in bed safely at night without getting shot and killed by police. But when white nationalists attempt a coup, suddenly cops can’t even find their handcuffs. https://t.co/01Luv6s9bV

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-06-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Another book about one of the highest-ranking POC to lead a European army.

But to be honest I don't expect a show that's gossip girl but in the 1800s to be super historically accurate.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

I've literally seen more armed Cops at a Student rally on the Brooklyn Bridge than defending the Nation's capital during a vote everyone and their dog knew was gonna be protested.

They just fucking let them walk in there.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...ngton/13038568

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I've literally seen more armed Cops at a Student rally on the Brooklyn Bridge than defending the Nation's capital during a vote everyone and their dog knew was gonna be protested.

I just want to know what the plan was. Storm the capital, then what, make Trump their eternal God Emperor? I know he looks like a giant worm, but Leto the Second he ain't.
    Back the blue...please, they don't care about cops, they just hate black people, they hate liberals, they hate themselves, and they want everyone to be as miserable as they are.

Ultimate Member

I just want to know what the plan was. Storm the capital, then what, make Trump their eternal God Emperor? I know he looks like a giant worm, but Leto the Second he ain't.
    Back the blue...please, they don't care about cops, they just hate black people, they hate liberals, they hate themselves, and they want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
    Exactly.

That’s why most of these guys are perpetually miserable. It’s rare to see any bigot that’s happy.

Even those gamergate and comicsgate losers are always crying about something. They want everyone to be as miserable as they are.

Extraordinary Member

There needs to be serious repercussions from this.

What happens when people who aren't dimwits try something like this? Or like MOS said with a smarter leader or both?

It's a damn good thing that apparently no staff was in the halls when the Cops decided that the Capitol was having a spontaneous and unannounced open house.

Ultimate Member

This.

The double standard is so obvious.

This is why people attack the police force. My brother was a policeman and even he’s speechless about this (the second time in about a year, first time was during the George Floyd protest).

The plan was simple, Step 1: Storm the Capitol. Step2: ??? Step 3: Profit.

Now I don't want to sound like an ******* but I'm sorely disappointed at the lack of skull cracking and military surplus gear used against these terrorists. Also haven't heard of anybody being charged with sedition or treason yet.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    The plan was simple, Step 1: Storm the Capitol. Step2: ??? Step 3: Profit.

Now I don't want to sound like an ******* but I'm sorely disappointed at the lack of skull cracking and military surplus gear used against these terrorists. Also haven't heard of anybody being charged with sedition or treason yet.
    step 1: storm the capital

step 2: revolution. which means selfies for IG/Twitter/FB/Parler doing illegal activities

step 3: vote happens anyway because duh lol

step 4: catch felonies

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

they hate themselves, and they want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

They want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
    Ding ding ding

These people are so miserable and depressed they latched on to this "idea" that it is just the big bad certain demographics of the govt keeping them from living the American Dream of hte 50's! If only the right party could get ahold of the govt, all their problems will be fixed so they can live the American Dream!

Of course, even when their govt has control over all three branches (hell 4) and their lives do not get better at all... it is the deep states fault!

They get what they want but when it goes bad, it is always some conspiracy thta is stopping them. Like now, it wasn't the Patriots who stormed the capital! it was antifa infiltrating and wanting ot make them look bad!

These people need to play some single player video games to disconnect from the world for awhile instead of living in this fantasy land.

ooooooh I can answer this.

Then they do "research" on the internet. Usually in the form of memes, facebook statuses, or stuff like OAN.

Source: My mother in-law bought a "woman for trump" billboard back home and my father in law and brother in law did one of those "trump car parade" things around election time.

You would have no fucking idea if you just met them at the store or something. They are millionaires, give money to charity, i've NEVER had a problem with them, ect. They won't even talk about politics if I am around because my wife hate it and it streses her out and she asked her dad to stop and he did. So he/they isn't one of those complete nutjobs. And his sparetime still revolves around the Church of Trump.

Thing is, i still remember vividly during the nomination process 5 years ago and they despised Trump. Fake republican rich hollywood silver spoon idiot. They have always been republican but more "Romney republican" not tea party nutso type stuff. It was like the hate for Hiliary was so strong they gravitated toward the other option as strong as possible and then got mesmerized by.... incomplete incoherent speeches? I still don't get it.
    The only thing Trump is good at is making people believe he's successful. This man has failed upwards 1000x over. A lot of his supporters believe that he's sticking it to those smug annoying liberals, them and their NPR (the classical station is good though) and Whole Foods (I mean I get it, but why pay 8$ for asparagus water?)
    Crazy. Seem like the inlaws have bread though, means. They ain't gonna be the ones repelling down the ledge of the Capital, not saying riding in a Trump car parade and storming the Capital isn't the same mindset to me but do they identify with this toothless 'murica crowd? I can't even see most of them jokers even holding down a job.

Trump is only been GREAT at making SOME people believe he's right and I guess successful on some level. He's never said a cool thing in his life imo and it seems most of the people in New York where he came up haven't rocked with him in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Too many of us are WAY not surprised by any of that right. One redneck with a pipe bomb that inadvertently went off in his hand wasn't even an out of the box consideration on behalf of the Capital Police leadership.

The 'plan' worked and it showed the next group what's 'possible'. A demonstration of who runs the street was loud and clear. Now, I don't think most of us see these people as any thing more than a World War Z type mob of assholes and fools but to the next group that are likely left further out of education that the older guys in that crowd are going to make more noise. Black folks are the ones who threw out Trump and when he's no longer a thing it's going to create a vacuum I worry.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.