Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
Yep.

That's why I was surprised.

It's an odd trope to lean into. But I guess the producers feel the series is already POC leaning but nonetheless, it's something I could do without.
Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
eh

spoilers:
Walker isn't the hero.

We have a POC main lead (sam), POC main villain, POC dora's stole the show last issue. Sam's POC family is about to get more screen time it seems. POC Isiah gave a very powerful 2 mins of screentime and might still be back.

The issue IMO, with killing off POC or woman for motivation OR killing them off when they are the only one relaly (Darwin for example) is that that is all they are allowed to do. I want POC to get to be everytihng in a movie... and part of being everything is getting murked sometimes lol.

Plus for all of Marvel's sidekick POCs... I don't remember any of them getting killed. Rhodey got injured in CW but that didn't motivate Stark at all. Hell, Bucky is the only sidekick to die in a marvel movie I do believe.
end of spoilers
Honestly the spoilers:
Dora Milaje are barely characters to me. I don't see how that fixes anything. And IMO Rhodey's injury was a cheap way to cause "tension" at the end of that battle.
end of spoilers

I get wanted PoC characters to do everything, but considering the MCU's track record, they need to actually be around long enough