Page 387 of 827 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Has anyone seen “Cuties” on Netflix yet?

There’s a firestorm of controversy around it but I haven’t watched it yet.

There are videos of the girls dancing rather suggestively that’s going around but I’m curious of the context of these scenes. This isn’t really a political thing but on the face of it, 11 year old girls dancing and dressing like adults is very tacky.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

There are videos of the girls dancing rather suggestively that’s going around but I’m curious of the context of these scenes. This isn’t really a political thing but on the face of it, 11 year old girls dancing and dressing like adults is very tacky.
    I haven't seen it, but my understanding is that much of the controversy is over Netflix's marketing. Supposedly, the actual plot is about how society will sometimes exploit young girls, but the marketing makes it look like "Guys! Check out these hot chicks!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I haven't seen it, but my understanding is that much of the controversy is over Netflix's marketing. Supposedly, the actual plot is about how society will sometimes exploit young girls, but the marketing makes it look like "Guys! Check out these hot chicks!"
    This. The Double Toasted guys did video on it, it was a pretty salacious thumbnail from what I saw. I read the director was getting a bunch of hate on-line as I guess she wasn't aware of how it was angled. Oddly enough I hasn't even come across my feed at all.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

From my understanding is what the US trailers and posters are showing a different view of the movie. The actual plot is something else.

This goes back to having someone unrelated to the movie doing ads and trailers for you.

Same issue with Whose Your Caddy.

Netflix knows what they are doing.

They did it on purpose to market the show.

Both to market to pedos and to cause controvesy so they get the free social media viral marketing.

Get the people talking about it negatively and then when it comes out, get the people talking by going, "it is actually about.... you just need to watch it...."

4D chess
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

The cast for the new season of Power Rangers is shaping up to be the most diverse season ever! I think Turbo/In Space currently holds the title as most diverse season (Asian Pink, Latino Yellow, Latino Green/Black, Black Red/Blue). The rumored cast for Dino Fury includes a Blasian actor (rumored for Red), two Latinos (rumored for Green and Black), an Asian (rumored for Blue) a White girl (rumored for Pink) and a Black Guy (rumored for Gold).

PS: The rumored Green Ranger is drop dead gorgeous!
    I'd say the Samurai cast surpass the Turbo/In Space cast. They had the same racial make up but with a half-Thai Gold Ranger.

And if that rumor about the Red Ranger turns out to be true, we'd have the second Blasian actor in a PR series. The first was the guy who played Max in Wild Force.

Someone once said that you can't make an anti-war movie without glorifying war in some way and it seems like a similar principle applies to this film when it comes to child sexual exploitation.

Netflix recently released a statement standing by the film and its director.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/n...ls-1234766347/

I haven't seen the actual film itself (and I'm honestly not even sure I want to) but the clips I have seen... don't paint a good picture.

I feel like if I watch that movie, even out of a sense of morbid curiosity, I'm going to be put on a list somewhere, so no I don't plan on watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I feel like if I watch that movie, even out of a sense of morbid curiosity, I'm going to be put on a list somewhere, so no I don't plan on watching it.

Yea I don't need heat from the algorithms, or perception of.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Someone once said that you can't make an anti-war movie without glorifying war in some way and it seems like a similar principle applies to this film when it comes to child sexual exploitation.

I haven't seen the actual film itself (and I'm honestly not even sure I want to) but the clips I have seen... don't paint a good picture.
    The idea is to not cross the line between depiction and exploitation, from what I've heard the director really missed that mark.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Ultimate Member

Exactly this.

It's like "The Last of Us II" being a critique of violence in society while simultaneously directing the player to kill dozens of people and DOGS for that matter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

LOLOLOL...facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I don't need a Netflix show to tell me that dancing/cheer/pageants/tumbling can get creepy really really fast.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'd say the Samurai cast surpass the Turbo/In Space cast. They had the same racial make up but with a half-Thai Gold Ranger.

And if that rumor about the Red Ranger turns out to be true, we'd have the second Blasian actor in a PR series. The first was the guy who played Max in Wild Force.

It’s a good looking cast so I hope it turns out to be true! Probably the best cast, talent and look wise, we’ve had in a long time!

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store