Page 561 of 827 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://streamable.com/1s7w8u

So Idris is just playing Deadshot version 2 lol?

EDIT; youtube version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHAE1AZugY&t=4s

Gunn's... "dark" humor here is about as cringy as his old pedo tweets
    "He's killed 27 children".

I don't know how that's supposed to be funny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Even the old monster crossover movies weren't great. Thr only one which worked was Godzilla, to vary degrees of success. The Universal ones weren't too good because the actual crossover barely was anything
    The best classic Universal movie monster crossover is Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.

I’m not joking. No, it’s not even trying to be scary, but it’s got Bela Lugosi’s only other appearance as Dracula, and as self-aware as the humorous storyline is, that still makes it smarter than the other classic crossovers.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    "He's killed 27 children".

I don't know how that's supposed to be funny.
    Because it is EDGY man!

EDGE!!

just like his pedo twitter jokes that originally got him semi cancelled.

Dudes a weirdo
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So, there's a movie coming out called "Karen", which is, as you might have guessed by the name, about a racist white woman terrorizing her black neighbors.

This has gotten a less-than-positive reaction from people, particularly black movie goers who see it as a poor man's version of Get Out.

Listen. This would be a different conversation if it were creative, after all, Get Out works because the villains aren’t, well, Karen. They aren’t calling the cops on us, they’re inviting us over, welcoming us to the family, having our backs when we encounter racism (ie: the cop that pulls Chris and Rose over), and making us feel comfortable to the point that we question if its microaggressions or just us being too paranoid.

This trailer lacks the nuance of lovingly touching my hair and telling me that it’s almost as dark as me cuz it’s summer and it’s getting a tan. Instead, this trailer chooses violence by defacing its driveway with “Blacks Rule” then calling the cops in an attempt to say that I vandalized its property.

If we’re gonna do this “racism is the real monster” story, it needs to be more subtle. We all know what the woman in this trailer looks like, but not so much the, “My white girlfriend told the cop off who tried to harass me, but she also left me alone at this all-white get together with people who are making me uncomfortable, what do I do?”
    https://www.themarysue.com/karen-movie-is-testing-me/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Black Panther made a billion and won 3 Oscars. Yet aside from Static, Blade & Falcon-where are the black hero films? The only one I have seen is from Africa.
    Well, The Marvels, freaking Superman, and (I think) Spawn are still getting worked on.

Meanwhile, the main (major) upcoming superhero films where the leads in question possess both the “oppressor’s marks” (white skin and a Y-chromosome) are The Flash, Batman (the next, next reboot) and the Shazam sequel. Sure I can find more if I keep digging (GOTG 3, whenever any new news arrives), but in popular consciousness, I don’t think white male-led superhero films are as market-cornering as they used to be.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 06-23-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Black Panther made a billion and won 3 Oscars. Yet aside from Static, Blade & Falcon-where are the black hero films? The only one I have seen is from Africa.
    Hmmp, I noticed a couple thing on the streams recently.

By the eighteenth of June 2021, the
    Superfriends
    was available to stream on
    HBO Max
    ; featuring every single episode of the series; including the season 3 episodes that were not included on the DC UNIVERSE streaming service.
    They've got the Cyborg Galactic Guardians Superfriends which I haven't seen since the 1980s. I forgot he was in the group on the title cards.

The kids like the Marvel Rising shows even though they seem to only have 3 of them but on plus they slip a lot of things in there. I was yesterday years old when I found out Robert Townsend played TWO different superheroes. Never even heard of Up, Up, and Away from 2000. I was running in streets pretty tough so I guess that one got by me. Looks terrible but we're gonna watch it this weekend.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

They've got the Cyborg Galactic Guardians Superfriends which I haven't seen since the 1980s. I forgot he was in the group on the title cards.

The kids like the Marvel Rising shows even though they seem to only have 3 of them but on plus they slip a lot of things in there. I was yesterday years old when I found out Robert Townsend played TWO different superheroes. Never even heard of Up, Up, and Away from 2000. I was running in streets pretty tough so I guess that one got by me. Looks terrible but we're gonna watch it this weekend.
    How long will the Galactic Guardians/Super Friends featuring Cyborg will stream on HBO Max?

Extraordinary Member

It's not just you.

I remember Meteor Man really well. I saw Blankman in the theaters.

I have no memory of Up, Up and Away ever existing. At all.

I had to Google it.

It was made in 2000? Wow.

I would have thought this was a Hollywood Shuffle sketch that never made it into the movie and got turned into it's own thing by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I remember that cartoon. Frank Welker voiced Darkseid and he was always trying to get Wonder Woman to marry him. I remember seeing Up, Up, and Away when I was a kid, you probably wouldn't have remembered it because it was a DCOM (Disney channel original movie, they pumped out a new one every month for, it had to be at least a decade.) the main characters older brother had electric powers, which should have nullified the family's weakness to aluminum foil. I'm halfway tempted to watch it again, but those DCOMs do not age well.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-23-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The best classic Universal movie monster crossover is Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.

I’m not joking. No, it’s not even trying to be scary, but it’s got Bela Lugosi’s only other appearance as Dracula, and as self-aware as the humorous storyline is, that still makes it smarter than the other classic crossovers.
    Yeah, all the other ones never actually had all the monsters meet up, so what was the point? At least Abbot & Costello achieved what it aimed for

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So, there's a movie coming out called "Karen", which is, as you might have guessed by the name, about a racist white woman terrorizing her black neighbors.

This has gotten a less-than-positive reaction from people, particularly black movie goers who see it as a poor man's version of Get Out.

The trailer makes the movie look like a parody. I don't really judge movies too much by their trailers anymore, but this doesn't bode well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's not just you.

I had to Google it.

I would have thought this was a Hollywood Shuffle sketch that never made it into the movie and got turned into it's own thing by the looks of it.
    It's one of those movies from Disney that never made to DVD.

Along with Alley Cats Strike and Don't Look Under the Bed that had black male leads.

DCOM (Disney channel original movie, they pumped out a new one every month for, it had to be at least a decade.
    They still do it.

What I find FUNNY about those DCOM every time they do one with a BLACK lead-it's the highest rated of all the movies for that year on Disney Channel.

Yet Disney does not do a lot of them. Because they won't stop doing musicals.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    How long will the Galactic Guardians/Super Friends featuring Cyborg will stream on HBO Max?
    No idea but I haven't really noticed the service dropping anything as far as I can tell since we've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's not just you.

I had to Google it.

Dawg, I remember. Meteor Man was kind of a big deal at the time, up to and including the genre as a whole. I saw Blankman first run then we saw it at the Movies 8 dollar theater when it came there. Lol, I thought the same thing, I was like was dude spoofing the genre BACK THEN??? Nah it was legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I remember that cartoon. Frank Welker voiced Darkseid and he was always trying to get Wonder Woman to marry him. I remember seeing Up, Up, and Away when I was a kid, you probably wouldn't have remembered it because it was a DCOM (Disney channel original movie, they pumped out a new one every month for, it had to be at least a decade.) the main characters older brother had electric powers, which should have nullified the family's weakness to aluminum foil. I'm halfway tempted to watch it again, but those DCOMs do not age well.
    I'm dead, if I remember that was a story-line used more than once lol. I watched about 10 minutes of it over the weekend but this is NOT Timm-verse DC animation. I was surprised even these latest episodes at the end of the series was aimed at children.

Glad to hear you and volt say that. Plus is the most Disney product I've ever had coming through any TV in any house I've ever lived in so I wouldn't even have been hip to that.

It's one of those movies from Disney that never made to DVD.

Along with Alley Cats Strike and Don't Look Under the Bed that had black male leads.

They still do it.

What I find FUNNY about those DCOM every time they do one with a BLACK lead-it's the highest rated of all the movies for that year on Disney Channel.

Yet Disney does not do a lot of them. Because they won't stop doing musicals.
    A Robert Townsend project, from 2000, that never made it to DVD. What in the actual ****. It's not like dude was fresh off the block, he'd been successful in Hollywood for 20 years by that time. This had to be during The Parent Hood days. That thing would have sold gangbusters and this was in the early days of DVD's. They cut him out of a lot of money on that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Lol..looks like an SNL skit.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Lol..looks like an SNL skit.
    Yeah, a lot of people are saying that.