Page 640 of 827 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Let's add Wong to the team and call it POC instead of black ? lol
    Hmmp, you would definitely have to at this point.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Funny enough, I'm reading that Feige's idea was all the original Avengers die at the end of Endgame.

Talk about getting carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    http://https://deadline.com/2021/10/...ax-1234863004/

So the Michael B. Jordan project is confirmed to be the Val Zod character and not an alternative take on classic Superman.

I know nothing about Val Zod other than he was the Earth 2 Superman for about 5 minutes and he's a Pacifist.

Lord knows how they are going to explain this character to a casual audience when even I don't quite understand him either.
    I don’t see what’s complicated about the character. He’s the son of Earth 2 Zod and was sent to earth before Krypton exploded. He’s lived his life not wanting to use his powers for fear he may hurt someone. Then has to step up and save the day when earth is threatened. Pretty typical superhero origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It was cheesy but ultimately innocuous.

IMO, it didn't serve any purpose but it didn't hurt either.

Although, I didn't really like Endgame's final battle beyond the Big 3 vs Thanos.
    What MOS said.

Cap being able to lift Thor's hammer was also pandering...to comic book nerds who got the references.

And Nerd-dom for the most part absolutely loves being pandered to. That reaction was mostly salt ( it's a gamer term) over there having been only one female led MCU movie at the time. And post Black Widow, the unwillingness to let said salt go.

BANNED

I'm a nerd they were trying to pander to, and one of my complaints (far more than the heavy-handed "girl power" moment) was not that Cap lifted the hammer after having moved it previously, it was that he wielded it like he was Thor himself. One good shot where he lifted it and in desperation (and worthiness) gave Thanos one good whack on that purple Skrully butt-chin would have been far more epic than him swinging it around like Yoda and his lightsaber in the Prequels (another instance where less would have been much more).

Off-topic though, forgive a small nerd rant.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm a nerd they were trying to pander to, and one of my complaints (far more than the heavy-handed "girl power" moment) was not that Cap lifted the hammer after having moved it previously, it was that he wielded it like he was Thor himself. One good shot where he lifted it and in desperation (and worthiness) gave Thanos one good whack on that purple Skrully butt-chin would have been far more epic than him swinging it around like Yoda and his lightsaber in the Prequels (another instance where less would have been much more).

Off-topic though, forgive a small nerd rant.
    LOL

Yeah, dude picked it up and knew how to twirl it, bounce his shield off it, and everything.

Maybe Cap bought one of those replicas and secretly practiced using both when no one was looking lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

LOL

Yeah, dude picked it up and knew how to twirl it, bounce his shield off it, and everything.

Maybe Cap bought one of those replicas and secretly practiced using both when no one was looking lol
    Meh, Cap is a super-soldier who is a master of every martial art and a naturally gifted fighter. Sure it was pandering, and sure it might have been more realistic to show him being a bit less awesome at it, but since it was a brief moment to let him shine before Thanos still kicked his ass anyway, I'm totally willing to allow it.

Also, related to the girl-power moment and there having only been the one female superhero movie up to that point, I really liked Black Widow. A lot more than Captain Marvel. And yeah, granted all the criticisms about how cartoony the fighting/violence was, and for how little movie Taskmaster resembled comics Taskmaster -- all valid criticisms. I dunno, maybe even just that it's been so long since the last MCU movie, maybe partly that it was way past time Nat got her own movie, but whatever -- end of the day, I thought it was fun, and I definitely plan to re-watch.

I'm betting it will be far more re-watchable than the upcoming Matrix movie, which also looks like fun, but damn, the Wachowskis are terrible.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

I'm betting it will be far more re-watchable than the upcoming Matrix movie, which also looks like fun, but damn, the Wachowskis are terrible.
    I'm confused by hte new matrix movie TBH.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

Also, related to the girl-power moment and there having only been the one female superhero movie up to that point, I really liked Black Widow. A lot more than Captain Marvel.

I think I'm gonna go Carol here. The equity spent from IM2 through BW is the only reason I didn't feel as over the top negatively as some did over her movie. Which is not nothing. I find Larson pretty wooden but there was a lot cooler action I feel in Carol's movie despite her cold look. The Kree makeup was really dope to me as well, not enough gets made of the fact that in actuality, NOT MUCH, LOOKS like it was pulled from the pages of a .35 cent book from the 70s. The look of the Kree soldiers did that.

Outside of chick who played Harkness, and Yelena, all of the women in the MCU are delegated to being cold business.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, I'm reading that Feige's idea was all the original Avengers die at the end of Endgame.

Talk about getting carried away.
    That may be too dark for the more feel good MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I think I'm gonna go Carol here. The equity spent from IM2 through BW is the only reason I didn't feel as over the top negatively as some did over her movie. Which is not nothing. I find Larson pretty wooden but there was a lot cooler action I feel in Carol's movie despite her cold look. The Kree makeup was really dope to me as well, not enough gets made of the fact that in actuality, NOT MUCH, LOOKS like it was pulled from the pages of a .35 cent book from the 70s. The look of the Kree soldiers did that.

Outside of chick who played Harkness, and Yelena, all of the women in the MCU are delegated to being cold business.
    Yeah, Im team Carol on this one. The movie overal may have been safe but it at least made sense and was standard mcu story.

BW was... ugh at the end.

Ultimate Member

I'm confused by hte new matrix movie TBH.
    How much input do the Wachowskis have this time. Because if they handed the reins to someone else, it might have a chance of actually being a good movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I also like Carol more than Natasha. But what do you mean by cold business?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    How much input do the Wachowskis have this time. Because if they handed the reins to someone else, it might have a chance of actually being a good movie

I also like Carol more than Natasha. But what do you mean by cold business?
    Not to put words in Surf's mouth, but I think he meant cold badass. The female characters in the MCU seem a little...detatched and aloof. They can't show too many emotions, other than all the quipping, It's almost as if characters in the MCU are incapable of having a sincere conversation with one another. Carol had a whole movie centered on her so it was just more telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Not to put words in Surf's mouth, but I think he meant cold badass. The female characters in the MCU seem a little...detatched and aloof. They can't show too many emotions, other than all the quipping, It's almost as if characters in the MCU are incapable of having a sincere conversation with one another. Carol had a whole movie centered on her so it was just more telling.
    Imagining a conversation between the Female End Game group is kinda funny in retrospect lol

Nebula- my life sucks

Shuri- teenage quip

Okoye- sassy quip

Mantis- i don't know what is going on dumb comment/quip

Gamora- silently growls

Wanda- *angry crying*

Valkryie- swings alchohol then quips

Carol- *silently grins with no emotion*

Pepper- TONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wasp- sighs, realizes she technically had a movie before the rest but no one cares at all

Attachment 115123

I wish I had this much time in my life