Page 221 of 827 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 12396
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    On the one hand, yes, agreed...

On the other hand...what if we're looking at Rey's parents!

Ah...the possibilities....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I love it when Marvel keeps it "Wesley" with Blade's modern look.

There was some dude in my office having a meltdown because he didn't get a promotion.

Things he actually said (bold) my commentary (italics):

"Oh so they picked 6 females and one guy. I'm better than all six of them."

I know several of them, who work in different division than us, he's not.

My brother told me this was a sure thing! I'm so mad I couldn't sleep last night!

His twin brother has the position, in another division, that he applied for.

Well, I guess from now on I'm just not doing anything around here since it's not going to be appreciated.

If that's your reaction I wouldn't promote you either.

I can't deal with this ####, I'll see you later in the week (talking to someone else in the office).

THIS MFER WENT HOME! He took vacation at 9:45 on a Monday, because he didn't get a promotion.

I can't really get into my job, but I'm at the same level as this dude. He isn't hurting for money. At all. So at this level it's mostly just getting a better office and title. This #### was crazy. I was stifling my laughter so hard.

The person he was complaining to went on some crazy rant about first nation one time to some other people, and the casual racism is ubiquitous, but I didn't say anything because y'all know what happens.

I become *the problem* or "Can't take a joke", etc, etc, etc. But this clown freaked out, like yelling/crying and went home.

I generally like my job, and prior to being volun-told to come to this division, because my skillset was needed where there is a knowledge gap, I didn't have to deal with the same BS since my old division was heavily women and PoC.

I wish I could have recorded it so y'all could see.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 04-15-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

THIS MFER WENT HOME! He took vacation at 9:45 on a Monday, because he didn't get a promotion.

Heh, In the immortal words of Rakim, and brought back by Joe Budden's podcast, 'Know The Ledge'.

Dude will for sho be back once his tantrum burns off. If he was a 10 about it best let us be only about a 3 before someone in the office dials a 9-1 and hovers over the last 1 to see how things shakeout. I've been the only brotha in many a spaces, mileage and caucastic volatility varies geographically, I'm only in Indiana but I get the jist.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

There was some dude in my office having a meltdown because he didn't get a promotion.

My brother told me this was a sure thing! I'm so mad I couldn't sleep last night!

Well, I guess from now on I'm just not doing anything around here since it's not going to be appreciated.

I can't deal with this ####, I'll see you later in the week (talking to someone else in the office).

I can't really get into my job, but I'm at the same level as this dude. He isn't hurting for money. At all. So at this level it's mostly just getting a better office and title. This #### was crazy. I was stifling my laughter so hard.

The person he was complaining to went on some crazy rant about first nation one time to some other people, and the casual racism is ubiquitous, but I didn't say anything because y'all know what happens.

I become *the problem* or "Can't take a joke", etc, etc, etc. But this clown freaked out, like yelling/crying and went home.

I generally like my job, and prior to being volun-told to come to this division, because my skillset was needed where there is a knowledge gap, I didn't have to deal with the same BS since my old division was heavily women and PoC.

Looks like there is gonna be a Job opening there real soon. Dudes like this tend to act out until they get kicked out by H.R.

If it'd been one of us, we'd of been met downstairs by the Police before we would even get the chance to take our ball and go home.

THIS guy will likely be given about a month of rope at the Job with which to hang himself.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Disney has tried, numerous times, to make their own video games and with the notable and confusing as all hell exception of kingdom hearts, and the less confusing Ducktales it doesn't really work. Tron games, nope, Disney infinity, people quit wanting to buy all those toys, Spectrobes, nope, they thought they could compete with pokemon. So they just shrugged their shoulders and gave up.

Oh yeah, and Epic Mickey, I still can't believe they went with that name, I thought it was a joke title at first, but they just went with it.
    People have countered this with the fact Disney could hand the license to a variety of studios who would love a chance at Star Wars. I mean you have...

Rockstar
    Sony
    Ubisoft
    Insomniac \
    Naughty Dog

That is a few studios who could do Star Wars games. Disney is just not giving a **** and well folks are noticing it. If Fallen Order fails the egg not only falls on EA here its gonna fall on Disney's continued not caring of the license .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

R. Kelly continues to struggle money wise as its revealed his bank account currently has $625 bucks in it and he's been borrowing money to make bail and pay child support from a friend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...3cLgZUA7XMl-ys
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Looks like there is gonna be a Job opening there real soon. Dudes like this tend to act out until they get kicked out by H.R.

If it'd been one of us, we'd of been met downstairs by the Police before we would even get the chance to take our ball and go home.

THIS guy will likely be given about a month of rope at the Job with which to hang himself.
    I don't work in the private sector, so he won't get fired. At most he'll get reassigned, but that's doubtful.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Chicago Mayor-Elect Lori Lightfoot Confirms Jussie Smollett's Case 'Doesn't Rank as a Matter of Any Importance'

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/chi...mol-1834046133

That's so crazy.

the entitlement runs DEEEP in a lotta white dudes

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    the entitlement runs DEEEP in a lotta white dudes
    The best part is I guarantee if I brought this specific display up this guy would say that's proof that there is no such thing as white privilege/entitlement. Because HE specifically didn't get a promotion.

We have one black person in a leadership position. That is the entirety of our organizations diversity at the upper levels. There are a lot of white women, and a TON of men, but one black guy, and prior to him getting promoted there was one other that retired.

But this guy is going to whine because there can't be two people that look EXACTLY like him (remember he's a twin) at the top.

Honestly, it kind of made my day.
    Pull List:

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Anyone here read the latest Web of Venom comic? It featured Misty Knight heavily.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I love it when Marvel keeps it "Wesley" with Blade's modern look.

Me, too.

It is ridiculous they didn't immediately switch to wesleysnipes
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html