Page 700 of 826 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 12390

I'm only two episodes into Obi show and... yeah reva isn't anything exciting and yeah, i dont' think the fit is ther with the actress and what they are trying to do but... GD the complaints were really exaggerated lol.

Watching the lil girl run in chase sequences is much worse than Reva lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The whole thing depresses me.

I think the movie was conceived out of a mix of legitimate grief, Shareholder greed and Studio indifference.

There was and is nobody is the halls of power at Marvel Studios that is willing to understand our position. Worse yet, Marvel's gotten
    so used to deflecting complaints that after they have consulted thier in house cultural experts and gotten an ok they just turn a deaf ear.

IF this movie utterly bombs Marvel MIGHT learn something.

MIGHT.
    It's hollywood. They will just go "blacks don't sell" and turn BLack Panther stuff into little tv shows for D+
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm only two episodes into Obi show and... yeah reva isn't anything exciting and yeah, i dont' think the fit is ther with the actress and what they are trying to do but... GD the complaints were really exaggerated lol.

Watching the lil girl run in chase sequences is much worse than Reva lol.

It's hollywood. They will just go "blacks don't sell" and turn BLack Panther stuff into little tv shows for D+

I've seen the whole show, the fervor was overblown. spoilers:
    Now if Reva actually defeated Vader or something, which she doesn't, then I would probably cry foul he hands Reva her ass, with her own Lightsaber no less, he's so far out of her League he doesn't even bother to use his.
    end of spoilers
    I think it was just the chuds needing something to hate and the new Thor movie doesn't come out for two more weeks. I can see the thumbnails now. "The M-SHE-U is gaining more traction you guys." "Natalie Portman's arms aren't that big!" I hate the culture war, because it's an endless waltz and I hate the chuds as much as I hate breadtube. Media consumption is not political activism.

Disney will make sure to put the Dora show in their black movie collection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Now if Reva actually defeated Vader or something, which she doesn't, then I would probably cry foul he hands Reva her ass, with her own Lightsaber no less, he's so far out of her League he doesn't even bother to use his.
    end of spoilers
    I think it was just the chuds needing something to hate and the new Thor movie doesn't come out for two more weeks. I can see the thumbnails now. "The M-SHE-U is gaining more traction you guys." "Natalie Portman's arms aren't that big!" I hate the culture war, because it's an endless waltz and I hate the chuds as much as I hate breadtube. Media consumption is not political activism.

Honestly, the whole thing is just tiring. Once a particular group sees a black woman it's an automatic freak-out (the same thing happened with Star Trek: Discovery).

The Reva thing was overblown. Yes her character was "over-aggressive" but the series later clarified exactly what was going on with her.

It's gotten to the point that I have literally stopped visiting certain sites.

Ultimate Member

American right-wing politics is so rooted in cruelty that I struggle to understand what exactly is going on in some people's minds.

Conservative politics is basically:

About absolute, mindless cruelty towards black and brown people (although I will include some liberals in this category for different reasons)
    About cruelty towards poor people (majority of whom are minorities)
    About cruelty towards women (own the feminists)
    About cruelty against LGBTIQ people

I mean look at the Supreme Court ruling on abortion. It's not really about "protecting unborn kids" (imagine protecting unborn kids and not supporting paid parental leave or universal healthcare), it's just about "quelling the feminists".

It's like there's no good news on TV nowadays and even in entertainment you have a group of entitled, bigoted, stupid assclowns constantly attacking "woke" politics. It's exhausting and it's even more annoying when you realize that some of these chuds could get real political power. (see Ron DeSantis and the Trump-appointed Judges).

Ultimate Member

This is why I dont watch the news much anymore.

Just negativity all the time. Its bad for mental health.

i've already banned so many people on r/marvel for this since the first trailer. I don't even give them an explanation anymore, permaban instantly and when they message to bitch about it, muted with no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

This is why I dont watch the news much anymore.

Just negativity all the time. Its bad for mental health.
    Bruh, as soon as I see "now this" and some white and yellow lettering, I don't even or just keep scrolling on instagram.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's like there's no good news on TV nowadays and even in entertainment you have a group of entitled, bigoted, stupid assclowns constantly attacking "woke" politics. It's exhausting
    Entertainment discussion just sucks.

All fandoms just seem infiltrated with terrible people... or straight up WEIRD people.

Honestly, the whole thing is just tiring. Once a particular group sees a black woman it's an automatic freak-out (the same thing happened with Star Trek: Discovery).

The Reva thing was overblown. Yes her character was "over-aggressive" but the series later clarified exactly what was going on with her.

It's gotten to the point that I have literally stopped visiting certain sites.
    My YouTube homepage is FUBAR, I've come to terms with it. If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend staying away from twitter and reddit, (the takes are getting more and more unhinged as the day goes on) they get way too much attention considering the fact that they're some of the least used social media sites. More people are on LinkedIn and Pinterest than twitter and reddit. I have them both on a website blocker I use at home and at work. I mostly used it to up my productivity, I didn't realize the effect it would have on my mental health.

The Thor movie is going to make a lot of money. When She-Hulk comes out the chuds will complain about women some more and the breadlets will complain about how the chuds are afraid of women with muscles, even though there's a mountain of evidence that says otherwise. The show itself will probably be of middling quality, proving neither side right, just like Captain Marvel. Noting to write home about, but not godawful either. Its as predictable as the tide.

The term "woke" has completely devolved into meaning "This is a thing that I don't like involving non-white and or non-straight people, therefore it is bad." "I watch marvel movies for escapism, not to be indoctrinated." She was just wearing a flag pin.

All fandoms just seem infiltrated with terrible people... or straight up WEIRD people.
    I think I know why this is. Fandom has effectively replaced community in an increasingly more atomized society. People don't socialize as much as they used to irl, because there are fewer and fewer places for them to socialize, so fandom culture centered around media consumption is all they have, which is not necessarily an indictment of them, as it is of society as a whole. Marvel stans got so riled up when Martin Scorsese called the Marvel movies theme park rides, even though they're owned by a company that literally makes theme parks. In fact that's why Disney bought them. Instead of letting the criticism go, they viewed it as an attack on their identity, because it was. It's a very very sad state of affairs.

Ultimate Member

My YouTube homepage is FUBAR, I've come to terms with it. If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend staying away from twitter and reddit, (the takes are getting more and more unhinged as the day goes on) they get way too much attention considering the fact that they're some of the least used social media sites. More people are on LinkedIn and Pinterest than twitter and reddit. I have them both on a website blocker I use at home and at work. I mostly used it to up my productivity, I didn't realize the effect it would have on my mental health.

The Thor movie is going to make a lot of money. When She-Hulk comes out the chuds will complain about women some more and the breadlets will complain about how the chuds are afraid of women with muscles, even though there's a mountain of evidence that says otherwise. The show itself will probably be of middling quality, proving neither side right, just like Captain Marvel. Noting to write home about, but not godawful either. Its as predictable as the tide.

The term "woke" has completely devolved into meaning "This is a thing that I don't like involving non-white and or non-straight people, therefore it is bad." "I watch marvel movies for escapism, not to be indoctrinated." She was just wearing a flag pin.
    Good advice.

I'll very likely disable some of social media access.

Ultimate Member

I think I know why this is. Fandom has effectively replaced community in an increasingly more atomized society. People don't socialize as much as they used to irl, because there are fewer and fewer places for them to socialize, so fandom culture centered around media consumption is all they have, which is not necessarily an indictment of them, as it is of society as a whole. Marvel stans got so riled up when Martin Scorsese called the Marvel movies theme park rides, even though they're owned by a company that literally makes theme parks. In fact that's why Disney bought them. Instead of letting the criticism go, they viewed it as an attack on their identity, because it was. It's a very very sad state of affairs.
    Very true.

People now define themselves by the media and entertainment they consume.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

CBR is probably one of the last "major" places where the discussions are largely sane.

And even at that, there have been a couple of "weirdos" that come on here. I got banned once because of one particular strange individual that keeps getting banned and keeps coming back with different user names. LOL.

Good advice.

I'll very likely disable some of social media access.
    If you use chrome there's a desktop extension called Stay focused, you can add sites to a blocklist and set the amount of time you can be on the site until it's blocked, or you can use the "nuclear option" to block the site for a set amount of time. I block them out all day at work.

Twitter gets a lot of attention because a lot of celebrities are on Twitter. Any time two or more celebrities get into a Twitter war, it's going to be news and get Twitter attention.
    Watching television is not an activity.

end of spoilers

These guys will pick anything to get pissed off about while calling everyone else a snowflake. They're already whining about Chun-Li and Cammy's default outfits in Street Fighter 6, even though their classic costumes are still available. Hell, Chun-Li's new costume seems to have increased her sex appeal if my Youtube feed is anything to go by.