Page 174 of 827 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Writer David Walker starts his own comic company

https://www.newsarama.com/43797-davi...mNSkTOxePUTRe0
    Good for him.

New series debuting on Cinemax soon. It's based off of Bruce Lee's original concept for a series that eventually would turn into Kung Fu. As many of us know, the concept was changed and the main role for Kung Fu went to David Carradine. Now, Justin Lin (guy who did the Fast and the Furious movies), in association with Shannon Lee (Bruce Lee's daughter) is bringing that concept to life in a new series called Warrior.

Initially, I was skeptical of the idea. The character should be Chinese, but he's being played by Andrew Koji, who's half-Japanese/half-British. However, as some of my Asian-American actor friends have pointed out, there's always been a history in American cinema of Asians playing other Asians. Okay the Asian-American side of me sees that. The more I look at it though, I'm interested. The history of the Chinese in America definitely needs more attention. The Tong Wars, the Know-Nothing Party, "the Chinaman Must Go," there are a ton of stories to tell here that have relevance to today. To have an Asian man as the lead (who looks to possibly have romantic relations), that means a lot. Plus, the Kung Fu .

Alright, I'll bite. Let's see where this goes.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    New series debuting on Cinemax soon. It's based off of Bruce Lee's original concept for a series that eventually would turn into Kung Fu. As many of us know, the concept was changed and the main role for Kung Fu went to David Carradine. Now, Justin Lin (guy who did the Fast and the Furious movies), in association with Shannon Lee (Bruce Lee's daughter) is bringing that concept to life in a new series called Warrior.

Initially, I was skeptical of the idea. The character should be Chinese, but he's being played by Andrew Koji, who's half-Japanese/half-British. However, as some of my Asian-American actor friends have pointed out, there's always been a history in American cinema of Asians playing other Asians. Okay the Asian-American side of me sees that. The more I look at it though, I'm interested. The history of the Chinese in America definitely needs more attention. The Tong Wars, the Know-Nothing Party, "the Chinaman Must Go," there are a ton of stories to tell here that have relevance to today. To have an Asian man as the lead (who looks to possibly have romantic relations), that means a lot. Plus, the Kung Fu .

I think that looks dope as hell. I hadn't even heard about it, but now I'm looking forward to it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Looks good. A shame Bruce Lee isn't around to see this project brought to life.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As a culture, we really do need to move past expecting better takes on complex situations from celebrities. A lot of them achieved their success through lucky breaks and jumped straight into successful careers past a building phase of young adulthood where the rest of us typically grow our common sense bone.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Someone on Twitter made an argument about how a black Bruce Wayne could be handled.

https://news.avclub.com/heres-a-good...man-1832267154

A trailer for L.A's Finest, a t.v. spin off of the Bad Boys movies starring Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union.

Extraordinary Member

I have a bunch of the Bad Azz Mofo issues. Looking forward to more of his indy stuff.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Someone on Twitter made an argument about how a black Bruce Wayne could be handled.

https://news.avclub.com/heres-a-good...man-1832267154
    Why? We have quite a few actual black characters with potential languishing in obscurity. Why is so much energy being focused on “who can we turn black”?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Why? We have quite a few actual black characters with potential languishing in obscurity. Why is so much energy being focused on “who can we turn black”?
    It's just a harmless thought experiment someone posted online. It's not like we'll be getting a movie about black Batman, it's just an idea someone had kicking around in their head and thought to share. No harm meant by it.

Cardi B Is the First Woman to Win the Grammy for Best Rap Album

https://themuse.jezebel.com/cardi-b-...t-r-1832517411

Cardi B Is the First Woman to Win the Grammy for Best Rap Album

https://themuse.jezebel.com/cardi-b-...t-r-1832517411

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhh
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhh
    What's wrong?

What's wrong?
    Cardi B : hip-hop :: Tyler Perry : filmmaking
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Mile Morales Spider Man issue 1
    Thanks.

Woah! I like the guy's works. Cool to hear!