Page 318 of 827 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418818 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 12391

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    What exactly has Kathleen Kennedy done right? I'm seriously starting to wonder now.

Then I found this. Of note, this part:
    "The report notes that Disney is considering hiring another woman as her replacement, at least in part so it’s not accused of mistreating women in power. Again, this is just a rumor for the time being, but it does make sense, considering the fan backlash following The Last Jedi, and especially The Rise of Skywalker, as well as the Solo flop."
    Well, TFA renewed interest in SW movies and TLJ was the highest grossing movie of 2017 despite the fan backlash . The only blunder she seems to have on her record is Solo and maybe TROS but we'll have to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    SW trilogy is just so... unplanned.

That starts at the top with KK.

Its not even on pace for a billion right now. Heads will roll
    People forget the original trilogy wasn't planned either. The only SW movie trilogy that was planned was the prequels.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To be fair Disney and Kennedy has watched complete chaos reign over Star Wars. Unlike Kevin Feige who has built a kingdom of the Marvel Film universe with 99% good films and earnings ; Star Wars hasn't had that. In fact Feige seems to let his directors have power to do the film they want to do. He never steps in to screw with the vision the Russo brothers or anyone seems to have for the films.

Kennedy meanwhile has let executives fire directors off films halfway through twice (Rogue One and Solo). She fired a director who was working on Rise of Skywalker and wouldn't approve a script he had worked on a few times. The people she had set to do films (the Game of Thrones creators were set to do a new Star Wars trilogy and that went to hell) and would watch them leave.

The biggest issue Kennedy can't seem to get out of her own way and has screwed a billion dollar franchise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Why are women with power always so eager to flex it?

God, I feel like an ******* for even asking it, but it always seems like whenever there's an executive board, the ones to dread/beware are the female minority like Kathleen Kennedy. They're ruthless and obsessed with control. If you don't bow to their vision, you get pressed into a stamp. Not that there aren't many, many males who are the same way, but the women dictators just stand out.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

God, I feel like an ******* for even asking it, but it always seems like whenever there's an executive board, the ones to dread/beware are the female minority like Kathleen Kennedy. They're ruthless and obsessed with control. If you don't bow to their vision, you get pressed into a stamp. Not that there aren't many, many males who are the same way, but the women dictators just stand out.
    You answered your own question. There is no difference. They just stand out cause their rarer.

Kelly Marie Tran's reduced role in The Rise of Skywalker has drawn criticism.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/26/...finn-last-jedi

https://www.themarysue.com/justice-for-rose-tico/
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-27-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

You are NOT being an ******* for asking that. Because it happens. Every case (and this applies to MEN too) is different.

What exactly has Kathleen Kennedy done right? I'm seriously starting to wonder now.

The biggest issue Kennedy can't seem to get out of her own way and has screwed a billion dollar franchise.
    This is her since 2015
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (producer, 2015)
    The BFG (executive producer, 2016)
    The Girl on the Train (uncredited executive producer, 2016)
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (producer, 2016)
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi (producer, 2017)
    Solo: A Star Wars Story (producer, 2018)
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (producer, 2019)

4 "hits" & 2 flops.
    Her resume says she knows what she is doing as she has a LOT of success. She basically got F-U money.

Then you look at the franchise as a WHOLE-we did not see all this backlash to OTHER characters in the expanded universe. Yet a black Storm Trooper and an Asian woman set the man babies off.

Why is that an issue here? Because legit concerns can not be addressed with them crying and attacking folks. Because nothing is stopping Disney from using them as scapegoats. So nothing get fixed because they can't STFU.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You are NOT being an ******* for asking that. Because it happens. Every case (and this applies to MEN too) is different.

This is her since 2015
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (producer, 2015)
    The BFG (executive producer, 2016)
    The Girl on the Train (uncredited executive producer, 2016)
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (producer, 2016)
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi (producer, 2017)
    Solo: A Star Wars Story (producer, 2018)
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (producer, 2019)

4 "hits" & 2 flops.
    Her resume says she knows what she is doing as she has a LOT of success. She basically got F-U money.

Then you look at the franchise as a WHOLE-we did not see all this backlash to OTHER characters in the expanded universe. Yet a black Storm Trooper and an Asian woman set the man babies off.

Why is that an issue here? Because legit concerns can not be addressed with them crying and attacking folks. Because nothing is stopping Disney from using them as scapegoats. So nothing get fixed because they can't STFU.
    Its not the trolls that have killed this franchise for Disney right now...its Kennedy's own leadership. Bouncing directors off films twice (Rogue One and Solo) hasn't helped Disney's reputation here.

Then she never would approve the directors script for this one after months and he walked. Then she would claim they really had no source material to make the films. (There is a 30+ year history of comics and novels to do any stort possible).

I think Kennedy was under so much pressure to make this franchise as successful as Marvel film universe. To make it be a huge $$$ machine. And the pressure led to bad decisions.

The next person in charge needs a total fucking reboot now. The big success people rave over is The Mandarleron on Disney+. Reboot the entire SW concept and series back to square one.

Do not rush anymore films out...in fact give Star Wars a breather til 2023 and claim its being rebooted. But you have to bench Kennedy...its clear she failed this and its left complete chaos.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Rose's sister-what a WASTE-she gets a toy and gets axed in less than 10 minutes? Too many folks were wasted in that movie getting killed off so quick.
    Not sure what your complaint here is. Plenty of Star Wars characters get toys that don't even have lines and only a few seconds of screen time. As a kid I had figures of almost all the bounty hunters from Empire, an ugnaught, a couple of Bespin guards...the list goes on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The next person in charge needs a total fucking reboot now. The big success people rave over is The Mandarleron on Disney+. Reboot the entire SW concept and series back to square one.

Do not rush anymore films out...in fact give Star Wars a breather til 2023 and claim its being rebooted. But you have to bench Kennedy...its clear she failed this and its left complete chaos.
    A total reboot is definitely NOT happening. As you said Mandalorian is a success so it goes without saying that is not being scrapped. Hell, they are filming season 2 right now. There are also Obi-Wan and Cassian Andor mini-series in the works.

I agree about not rushing films out, and they've said they are taking a break. IMO it was a mistake to do the "one Star Wars film a year" thing they tried. This trilogy should've been the only movies with the year break in between them to help build anticipation. Then they could do the 'A Star Wars Story' thing (though Solo shouldn't have been made at all, IMO).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Im sick to my stomach. As of tonight, there have been nine major anti semitic attacks in new York within a span of 1 week

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Not sure what your complaint here is. Plenty of Star Wars characters get toys that don't even have lines and only a few seconds of screen time. As a kid I had figures of almost all the bounty hunters from Empire, an ugnaught, a couple of Bespin guards...the list goes on lol.
    I had Lobot.

I'd like to think if Solo was successful, he would have been the next Star Wars character to get a spinoff movie.

Lobot: A Star Wars Story

Extraordinary Member

I will knock K. Kennedy for not having a clear vision. But I don't believe Lucas had one either no matter what he says.

I will say that if you are going to make a Star Wars movie every year, the least you could do is open up the damn lore a bit.

They could have given us a story about X wing fighter pilots, or what it's like from a Stormtrooper's point of view or what would happen if a droid ever started thinking of itself as having free will(Solo just played with the concept but did nothing with the idea).

Instead we got five prequel movies that answer questions that arguably nobody had ever asked. I know I never wanted to know where Han Solo got his name from or how the Emperor got his job or how the rebels got the plans to the 1st Death Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Im sick to my stomach. As of tonight, there have been nine major anti semitic attacks in new York within a span of 1 week
    There isn't a large Jewish community where I live so I don't hear about this often. Are these attacks related, or is it just a string of separate attacks?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I will knock K. Kennedy for not having a clear vision. But I don't believe Lucas had one either no matter what he says.

I will say that if you are going to make a Star Wars movie every year, the least you could do is open up the damn lore a bit.

They could have given us a story about X wing fighter pilots, or what it's like from a Stormtrooper's point of view or what would happen if a droid ever started thinking of itself as having free will(Solo just played with the concept but did nothing with the idea).

Instead we got five prequel movies that answer questions that arguably nobody had ever asked. I know I never wanted to know where Han Solo got his name from or how the Emperor got his job or how the rebels got the plans to the 1st Death Star.
    I hope they never revisit the Skywalkers again. I really wish they'd built an entirely new story from the ground up.

I'd much rather see a movie based on Tie-Fighter, Dark Forces, or dealing with a completely new threat from beyond the outer rim.

I'd also like to see a story with AWOL battle droids and clone trooper as disaffected bounty hunters or smugglers. One of the things that bothered me about the prequels is that the Jedi were cool with using a cloned conscripted army as basically a disposable meat shield vs disposable scrap army.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-28-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    There isn't a large Jewish community where I live so I don't hear about this often. Are these attacks related, or is it just a string of separate attacks?
    Its been going on for a while in NYC. I live in Canada myself and am hearing of the attacks on twitter

We're witnessing a repeat of the whole DCEU drama from a few years ago. Big hotly anticipated movie comes out and proves more divisive than the studio intended (though Last Jedi did way better than BVS), so the studio panics and very hastily tries to "course correct" the sequel to make everyone happy while also meeting that staked out release date. Unsurprisingly, the end result is not very good and it doesn't do much to win over people who didn't like the last one.

I'd say it points less to problems with Star Wars (though it's clear this is a very troubled franchise right now) and more to do with the entire annual franchise film market right now, with the exception of Marvel and maybe the Fast and the Furious.