Page 249 of 824 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    How can people be so invested in that ****?
    People are bored, they spend too much time online and they're looking for something to get mad at. These folks need hobbies.

Had an interview the other day. My first real interview...said "uh" a little too much, heh.

https://www.talkshoe.com/episode/6760584
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    How can people be so invested in that ****?
    Sort of related...

- https://deadline.com/2019/06/candyma...by-1202629572/

‘Candyman’ Producer Says New Film Will Address Toxic Fandom

Ultimate Member

The Beyoncé thing is so funny because she told her fans to calm down and stop with the threats and some of told her to “take a seat”.

Lolololol.

Are there any established characters that if they were created today, you think would be non-white?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Are there any established characters that if they were created today, you think would be non-white?
    Would be or could be?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Would be or could be?
    I guess both?

Ultimate Member

I guess both?
    Well, let's say it's 2019 instead of 1963 and Stan Lee is creating some superheroes. Would he make Tony Stark black? Maybe, maybe not. But could Tony Stark work as a black man? Absolutely. I think there's a small number of classic superheroes who due to their ties to history, myth, etc probably have to be white. But the majority of them could be women or minorities with little or no changes and perfectly make sense. Hal Jordan could be black, Flash could be a woman, the Thing could be female...you wouldn't have to change anything about their origins.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, let's say it's 2019 instead of 1963 and Stan Lee is creating some superheroes. Would he make Tony Stark black? Maybe, maybe not. But could Tony Stark work as a black man? Absolutely. I think there's a small number of classic superheroes who due to their ties to history, myth, etc probably have to be white. But the majority of them could be women or minorities with little or no changes and perfectly make sense. Hal Jordan could be black, Flash could be a woman, the Thing could be female...you wouldn't have to change anything about their origins.
    I think if the Thing were female, she might have more issues with being turned into a monster. Even in 2019, women's self esteem is more attached to their appearance than men's are. I'm not saying that's how it should be, I'm just saying that's how it is. I think they might do something like what Marvel did with Shari Ventura when she became a "She-Thing."

Ultimate Member

Tons of them, with the biggest one being Spiderman, A regular kid from New York with relatable issues to reader in real life does feel like white character role anymore. I don't see them doing a Civil Right metaphor with both of them being white I could see Xavier or Magneto being another race. I doubt the original 5 X-men all end up being white so at least one of them would be different race more than likely between Hank and Angel. I think Ben Grimm ends up being another race. Aquaman being Samoan makes a ton of sense.

Well to answer my own question.

Green Arrow

I can see Roy Harper being made as a Navajo born person rather than a white person who was adopted and raised by a Navajo parent.

YJ has pretty much sold me on a half-Vietnamese Artemis Crock, though that's were the majority of my familiarity with the character is from. I even prefer her as being Jade's sister.

Aquaman

Samoan Arthur has been shown to work.

Garth has been fan cast as Asian before and some were surprised Ludi Lin didn't play him in the movie.

Tula could be black and it wouldn't even mean losing her red hair.

Wonder Woman

Honestly, Artemis should either be African or Arab given who the Bana are and like with Tula, she wouldn't have to lose her red hair. Though you might even have to change her name given the Bana don't like the Olympians.

Donna Troy could work as a woman of color too. I have an idea in my head for her being of Tagalog origin and the stars on her suit could reference that. She's also Japanese in DC Bombshells.

Batman

Sasha Bourdeax I think could be black and Cambodian.

So those are my thoughts.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think if the Thing were female, she might have more issues with being turned into a monster. Even in 2019, women's self esteem is more attached to their appearance than men's are. I'm not saying that's how it should be, I'm just saying that's how it is. I think they might do something like what Marvel did with Shari Ventura when she became a "She-Thing."
    That's a very good point.

Wolverine, easy, He'd be a slave. His origin fits too well

illegitimate son of Elizabeth Howlett (who was married to John Howlett, owner of a large estate) and the Howletts' grounds-keeper, Thomas Logan.
    change it to illegitmate son of slave owner and slave

As a boy, James was notably frail and prone to bouts of allergic attacks. He was largely neglected by his mother,James was constantly under the pressure of his grandfather, Mr. Howlett, who believed that James required constant punishment by a strong hand, in order to be raised properly. "Firm, but fair," was what Mr. Howlett said to justify his abusive actions.[1]
    I mean.. come on! fits too well

When he "snaps" and his mutation manifest, it can be because of his mom getting abused again.

Even the experimented on thing fits. He could also bounce between wars easier due ot how blacks were segregated... his "exploits" in war wouldn't be widespread knowledge

Magneto wouldn't be a holocaust survivor, and that is so central to his story they would choose another genocide, which would likely be non-white
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wolverine, easy, He'd be a slave. His origin fits too well

change it to illegitmate son of slave owner and slave

I mean.. come on! fits too well

When he "snaps" and his mutation manifest, it can be because of his mom getting abused again.

Even the experimented on thing fits. He could also bounce between wars easier due ot how blacks were segregated... his "exploits" in war wouldn't be widespread knowledge

Magneto wouldn't be a holocaust survivor, and that is so central to his story they would choose another genocide, which would likely be non-white
    That's an interesting angle to take.

Also and I might be misremembering but I think someone on these boards once suggested that for a time the comics were playing with the idea that Logan was Native American.