Page 735 of 828 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 12416

Yeah, I've never seen the Rock as sexless in most of what I've seen of him.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-05-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think the Rock plays his action roles a lot like how Bruce Willis did Die Hard films or Arnold was in a lot of his action roles. It was more about the fun action stuff for kids and adults than the whole love scenes etc.

I think it's more....people go see Dwayne Johnson films to watch him kick ass. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I don’t know what DC is doing, but as long as I get my Blue Beetle and Static movies, which do seem to be happening, I’ll be good! Now hopefully they’re quality films (ala Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman and Joker).
    I'll believe those movies happen when I see the trailer TBH lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Lust after blondes...lol, he's Pepe Le Pew with it.

Been a while since we went around with Dwayne Johnson, that's an observation. Off the top I'd say the top 1% heavyweight action stars of the past came across that way... Johnson not a caucasian so that plays a part, he's been a family man once I think right? I think usually the story implies his having lost a woman (The Mummy) or came back to town to one like Sheriff Buford. Even Arnold only had couple love interests (albeit he played a killer robot in his most memorable movies). Huh, even in Attitude days he didn't have a valet ever. He's largely a character actor through right, that's part too. True though he's never seen runnin' up on a babe.

Mans comes across as taking himself very seriously on film and that's his strength imo. That's all you can ask of a live action Black Adam so...

Oh, and I reserve the right to steal the name ashy misogynist for my fantasy team next yer.
    I'm going to a movie theater for the first time in almost 3 years to see Black Adam, because I really do love that character. But even though I'm laying down cash for it, it doesn't mean I think Dwayne Johnson was the right choice for the role. The guy is charismatic as hell there is no doubting that, but Adam isn't just charismatic; he's tragic. Anything that could go wrong for that guy did go wrong and that's the reason for his f*** the world attitude. I just don't know if The Rock is capable of projecting that sort of solemnity. It's possible, though. Look at Dave Batista in the trailer for that new M. Night Shyamalan movie. He's scary as hell and at the same time seemingly very remorseful. Lol, when did a guy who started out being "The animal" become such a good actor? He was great in blade runner 2049 too.

Does Johnson just go for easy roles and big paydays? I'm not hating on him if he does, that's what Schwarzenegger did. But I would like to see him challenge himself like Batista does. Even Schwarzenegger did some heavy stuff. I just saw this zombie movie with him in it where he's the father of a girl that got bitten and is slowly turning and it f***** me up.

Edit*

You're right about The Rock not having a valet during the attitude era, but as I recall he didn't need one because he spent all his interview time getting Lillian Garcia rev'd up. I think like every interview he did with her started with him telling her to be less horny around him. Total sexual harassment but she seemed like she was into it.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 10-07-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll believe those movies happen when I see the trailer TBH lol
    They were doing test footage for Blue Beetle almost ten years ago! LOL!

Hey, so this is really random, but because it was on at work last night, I'm curious -- anyone here seen the 2020 movie Wendy? I honestly can't really remember registering the movie existed at the time of release (Jan 2020) and yeah, can see how the rest of that year would have made us forget it, regardless.

It's apparently the first time there has been a black Peter Pan on screen. That should be cool, but having watched maybe 60% of it -- it is an inexplicably quiet, somber, serious take on the Pan story. I mean, it is supposed to be a fun/adventurous kind of story, right? Yeah, not at all, here. I guess the filmmaker's vision was a re-telling of the story from Wendy's perspective ... which is a little strange to me, because really, I've always felt Wendy is more the POV character than Pan anyway, but -- yeah, all that said, the portrayal of Peter in this is pretty weird to me, too.

While there are kids as old as 13/14 in the Lost Boys, the actor cast as Peter is .... maaybe 8 at the oldest, I think? I mean, he honestly looks more like he's 6, IMO. And he really does not have a lot of lines of dialogue ... but again, for that, there are also just inexplicably long stretches of silence and no one talking, or maybe just Wendy's voice over, for quite a lot of this movie.

All to say, I suppose there's an outside chance the ending saves it, but I'd be really surprised. Seems like the first cinematic black Peter Pan unfortunately appeared in -- just a really boring movie. Not even bad, necessarily. Just yeah -- incredibly dreary and slow-moving, IMO.

I am probably the only one who has ever seen it.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Get Ready: “A Family Matters Christmas” Is Coming to A Small Screen Near You

Cue the theme song, and hang the stockings with care. The Family Matters cast is reuniting for a holiday special and I am already in my reindeer jammies with the Tevo set (does anybody have Tevo, anymore?) And ok, so maybe it’s not the full cast, but how could you go wrong with Kellie Shanygne Williams and JoMarie Payton back on screen together?

Directed by LaVern Whitt, “A Family Matters Christmas” centers around three feuding siblings in a newly blended household who are visited by Alternis, the “forgotten Christmas spirit.” In a seasonal version of Freaky Friday, the siblings swap bodies, but must race against the clock to get back to themselves.

... A Family Matters Christmas will be available on all major streaming and cable platforms in the U.S. and Canada on Nov. 8...
    https://www.theroot.com/get-ready-a-...o-a-1849635668

Well the blade has a daughter book is back

yay?

(they can't even get blade to work and sell comics... I never understand these strategies. When is the last time Blade even got a mini?)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I really do not understand the obsession with giving Superheroes kids lately. Most of the time it just seems like more of a problem than anything else.

In addition to Jon, Superman adopted a pair of twins from warworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Get Ready: “A Family Matters Christmas” Is Coming to A Small Screen Near You

https://www.theroot.com/get-ready-a-...o-a-1849635668
    Here's a trailer to go with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I really do not understand the obsession with giving Superheroes kids lately. Most of the time it just seems like more of a problem than anything else.
    I think it’s a delayed and now accelerated response to realizing “kids = $$$” is done competently; comics were so dead set on preserving a status quo that didn’t even like committed relationships that when, suddenly, you could point to Batman as an example where giving him a kid didn’t hurt the parent franchise, it made everyone who’d missed the boat earlier out of stubbornness suddenly see it as a major area of potential.

Smarter franchises, like Batman, X-Men or pre-New 52 Flash understood the advantage of allowing characters to age and “multiply” naturally, but now we’re seeing some of the more troubled and inconsistent franchises that sometimes couldn’t even handle editorial edicts to maintain a status quo try and imitate what they think works.

Basically, after years of editors trying desperately to keep Superman and others single and ready to mingle, and at times targeting what sidekicks they had as “kids,” we’ve now got those same editors trying to copy what other editors did in other franchises instead of cleaning up their own act.

Blade not having a successful, long-running solo simply opened his franchise up to someone also trying to imitate what they think is a common “trend” right now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well the blade has a daughter book is back

yay?

(they can't even get blade to work and sell comics... I never understand these strategies. When is the last time Blade even got a mini?)
    What's funny is it was greenlit some years back when Ms Marvel was a surprise hit and Marvel was flooding the market with female heroes. Tim Seeley dropped out and that seemly killed the project. I was always surprised that they didn't just replace him back then.

Invincible Member

I think it's only a problem because at some point an editor is going to want to undo it and go back to the previous status quo. And it's rarely done in a satisfying way. Then the issue will be "What happened to so-and-so's kid? Why can't heroes be mature and have families?"

I think of how Wolverine has kids but we're never shown him relating to them, Marvel would rather show him with these teen girls he treats as side kicks. Tigra had a kid but he's being raised by the Cat People. The Hulk had son, I'm not sure what happened to him...

They've been doing that since the Silver Age. Either way, there are still plenty of heroes who don't have kids.