Page 774 of 827 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784824 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's what it come down to, it's about contrarianism. I don't listen to the right-wing stuff anymore at all because it makes my head hurt. These guys are followed by idiots that attack like attack dogs without a single original or independent thought of their own.
    Same note here. However I'd add a labor portion to this. So, there were A LOT of discriminatory branches this country evoked over the last 100 years. Housing and labor have been the biggest. There was a brief but interesting exchange a couple pages ago about how certain groups folded into 'whiteness' that speaks to this. Labor unions were a huge barrier in exclusion and the cap was this was overwhelmingly unskilled labor. In parts of the US there are generations of Polish law enforcement, most of the generational force in Southern California mostly migrated from the South. This group historically has taken priority in certain sectors. There is an undeserved market for them as a whole that these Right-wingers need. Not singling any group out but serving these empty calories is providing living for many. Similar to the War on Drugs, fattening up the middle class by way of law enforcement was imo the broader goal over the mass incarceration of POC over a 30 year stretch. 2 birds with one stone, actually 3 birds cause guess who runs the prisons. Gotta give these folks something to do and something to get behind. An invisible race line is enough of a qualification I guess.

Honestly, I find some stuff about TLM to be very corny and weird

The problem with these right-wing guys is their voices are getting louder and louder because of social media. Twitter has become the new 4chan (there are literally actual nazi accounts on there now), for example a young African man commented about not liking Italian foods and the responses there were stuff that you would see on the Daily Stormer. I don't even have a Tik Tok account but I see the nonsense that shared on there and it's disgusting. The way racist and generally antiblack stuff is so freely shared there is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Usually by men who never fit the "masculine ideal" they endlessly espouse. A lot of it also comes from a place of empty contrarianism. They just hate whatever the left likes and call themselves based. They're really good at taking legitimate criticism and drowning it in bigotry and ignorance, which makes all criticism look bigoted.
    The review bombing of TLM was likely a coordinated attack from right-wing agitators and a lot of those countries rely on these sites for reviews, so its box office performance has been directly affected by right-wing propaganda (so much for ignoring the trolls eh?). That is not to say that is the only reason TLM isn't doing well overseas (TLM just isn't as big as the other Disney properties and is much younger female directed) but reports on deadline and other major outlets have noted how severe the right-wing trolling was on major critic outlets in several parts of the world. It is what it is.
    That's the part that gets me, man these jokers that appeal to this base don't EVER 'look' the part as we'd think they should, to me at least. I remember seeing Sean Hanity's rise, with his 'American Dad' looking ass and being like, Oh yea, this dude looks like the part these goofballs would rock behind. None of these clowns 'look' like Captain America lol, not a one. Tucker looks like he'd get his ass beat at an NFL game. The ones on YT are worse, even the brothas that have sold soul to grift that side- Whitlock? Emmanual Acho, I guess he at least played in the NFL, Tim Scott? Ughhh... Even Steven A who is soon to push on the political side isn't somebody your rank and file barbershop brothas would ever get behind. When all your selling is feelings of left behind and contrarianism, I guess you'll take what you can get. Like Larry Nassar, worked at a top 20 Public University in the United States and this mealy little bastard was enabled to molest HUNDREDS of young women under their watch. Look at him, he was definition of needing to segregate prisoners from the gen-pop. At least Trump was a TV star and Regan was in movies previously, unfortunately that goes a long way with most Americans.

Ahh, anyway, Mermaid is going to have some legs I think. Too many little girls out there to not market too, absent of all the girls of color either. I've always said, white guys love Black Panther too so.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Same note here. However I'd add a labor portion to this. So, there were A LOT of discriminatory branches this country evoked over the last 100 years. Housing and labor have been the biggest. There was a brief but interesting exchange a couple pages ago about how certain groups folded into 'whiteness' that speaks to this. Labor unions were a huge barrier in exclusion and the cap was this was overwhelmingly unskilled labor. In parts of the US there are generations of Polish law enforcement, most of the generational force in Southern California mostly migrated from the South. This group historically has taken priority in certain sectors. There is an undeserved market for them as a whole that these Right-wingers need. Not singling any group out but serving these empty calories is providing living for many. Similar to the War on Drugs, fattening up the middle class by way of law enforcement was imo the broader goal over the mass incarceration of POC over a 30 year stretch. 2 birds with one stone, actually 3 birds cause guess who runs the prisons. Gotta give these folks something to do and something to get behind. An invisible race line is enough of a qualification I guess.

That's the part that gets me, man these jokers that appeal to this base don't EVER 'look' the part as we'd think they should, to me at least. I remember seeing Sean Hanity's rise, with his 'American Dad' looking ass and being like, Oh yea, this dude looks like the part these goofballs would rock behind. None of these clowns 'look' like Captain America lol, not a one. Tucker looks like he'd get his ass beat at an NFL game. The ones on YT are worse, even the brothas that have sold soul to grift that side- Whitlock? Emmanual Acho, I guess he at least played in the NFL, Tim Scott? Ughhh... Even Steven A who is soon to push on the political side isn't somebody your rank and file barbershop brothas would ever get behind. When all your selling is feelings of left behind and contrarianism, I guess you'll take what you can get. Like Larry Nassar, worked at a top 20 Public University in the United States and this mealy little bastard was enabled to molest HUNDREDS of young women under their watch. Look at him, he was definition of needing to segregate prisoners from the gen-pop. At least Trump was a TV star and Regan was in movies previously, unfortunately that goes a long way with most Americans.

Ahh, anyway, Mermaid is going to have some legs I think. Too many little girls out there to not market too, absent of all the girls of color either. I've always said, white guys love Black Panther too so.
    They always look like the kind of guys who write adult actresses hate mail for doing interracial scenes, but they do give me some hope, if a chinless loser like Matt Walsh can get a wife, I can too.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Judge Dredd's multiracial ancestry is revisited and restored in new storyline: https://www.thepopverse.com/judge-dr...tiracial-black
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Hello, everyone. Long time participants in this thread may remember that I'm an indie comic writer/creator. Just popping in to say the newest issue of my series DOUBLE DOSE is out and features a "new" character of mine called MEDUSAH OBLONGATA! Each issue of Double Dose features a different character, and each issue has two complete stories of that character illustrated by two different artists. Anyone interested can get physical or digital copies at https://www.mythworldemedia.com/
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-beau-de...t-controversy/

I have ZERO sympathy/empathy for this guy… I hope he and a voice actor get the boot from the show in face.. So sick & tried of folks whitewashed & lightin up this character & to many others aswell

Invincible Member

I'm not so sure the writer made casting ( or design ) decisions for the show...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    While that’s true, he one the side of co-signing the the nonsense so he gotta go

I'm not necessarily signing any petitions to get him fired, but yeah, also not a ton of sympathy. He's entitled to his own opinion of course, but lots of people have strong opinions on this topic. Maybe he didn't know. I guess now he does.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

https://us.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wait-...200744416.html

We're living in weird times.

Imagine criticizing a fantasy film for "erasing slavery".

https://twitter.com/marcusryder/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://blackonwhitetv.blogspot.com/...bbean.html?m=1

Here is him explaining his pov and I agree somewhat. I'm for heavy subjects touched upon but I'm not sure if Little Mermaid is the place for ut.

I definitely see his point. Make it a clearly fantasy world, or ... well, his suggestion about post-revolutionary Haiti isn't bad. I mean, I honestly doubt it would have occurred to me if he hadn't pointed it out ... but I don't think he's wrong.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Yeah, I have seen several stories on this now. Sort of amusing.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They generally don't.

A simple "we have not announced the casting yet" and end it there would have be more than enough.

I do have a question would those same folks attack Dwayne McDuffie for the voices on his shows?

Amy Acker isn't Italian yet voiced Huntress on JLU
    Jason Mardsen isn't gay but Richie was in Static Shock
    Sheryl Lee Ralph is black but Cheetah hasn't been black.
    Will Friedle isn't Romanian like Nightwing

Last time I checked Phil Lamarr is not Asian. Yet Samurai Jack is. Nor is he white like Dr. Kirk Langstrom (who he voiced once).

I do not understand going after the writer for something he might not had a say or the FINAL say in.

That would be someone like Andrea Romano. And only time that would change is if they did a test reading and didn't like the way it went.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They generally don't.

A simple "we have not announced the casting yet" and end it there would have be more than enough.

I do have a question would those same folks attack Dwayne McDuffie for the voices on his shows?

Amy Acker isn't Italian yet voiced Huntress on JLU
    Jason Mardsen isn't gay but Richie was in Static Shock
    Sheryl Lee Ralph is black but Cheetah hasn't been black.
    Will Friedle isn't Romanian like Nightwing

Last time I checked Phil Lamarr is not Asian. Yet Samurai Jack is. Nor is he white like Dr. Kirk Langstrom (who he voiced once).

I do not understand going after the writer for something he might not had a say or the FINAL say in.

That would be someone like Andrea Romano. And only time that would change is if they did a test reading and didn't like the way it went.
    Never really understand the hate for voice actors. God of war is one of my favorite games of all time and there can be no other Kratos than Christopher Judge same with James Earl Jones as Darth Vader.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Never really understand the hate for voice actors.
    Agreed. Seems a silly thing to get upset about.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.