Page 222 of 826 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 12390
    Extraordinary Member

Disney isn't mad at EA because Disney likes success. Battlefront 2 outsold every previous SW game and was awarded best Multiplayer by game critics. 2 years later the online mode is still robust. EA just added like 30 new skins, 3 new chars and even a new game mode in little over a month. Yeah the only ppl mad are the ones not playing. And the youtubers living under a rock talking bout microtransactions that don't exist.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Disney isn't mad at EA because Disney likes success. Battlefront 2 outsold every previous SW game and was awarded best Multiplayer by game critics. 2 years later the online mode is still robust. EA just added like 30 new skins, 3 new chars and even a new game mode in little over a month. Yeah the only ppl mad are the ones not playing. And the youtubers living under a rock talking bout microtransactions that don't exist.
    Uhh Battlefront II sold less than Battlefront (the 2015 SW game). It moved 9+ million copies by the end of 2017 which had the EA folks claim it missed sales expectations and they expected sales over 10+ million copies by that point. The 1st Battlefront they did sold 14+ million copies and alienated many as it was rushed out to hit with the movie.

Disney doesn't care about video game license. They aren't a Robert Kirkman who stripped one studio before a wide release because the game was absolute ****. They just don't care. EA has done 3 games...in 6-7 years of having the license. 2 of them have been so bad the last one had the company come under fire for microtransactions hence why EA is now begging folks to pick this next one up promising it won't have that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Anyone here read the latest Web of Venom comic? It featured Misty Knight heavily.
    Been looking forward to getting it but i heard that it wasn't a very good book.

A High School Girl Was Expelled for Defending Herself Against Boys Staging Anti-Trans “Protest” In the Women’s Bathroom

According to the Washington Post, the boys entered the girl’s restroom with the intention of taking a selfie for Snapchat as a “form of protest” against a male transgender student using the boys’ bathroom. So already they’re off to a pretty despicable start. That student wasn’t involved in the incident but a female student was in the girls’ restroom when the boys came in.

The boys reportedly blocked her from exiting, at which point she kneed one of them in the crotch. Apparently, there was a Title IX investigation into the incident and according to School District Superintendent Karen Gaborik, there was “not evidence that the boys were threatening any student or using any type of force toward students.” Except the mere presence of a group of boys in a girl’s bathroom sounds incredibly threatening. I can’t even imagine what sort of aggressive energy they might have been putting out, hyped up on their anti-trans “protest” plans, but even without that speculation, I can’t doubt that this girl seriously felt she was acting in preemptive self-defense.
    https://www.themarysue.com/girl-expe...hroom-protest/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Uhh Battlefront II sold less than Battlefront (the 2015 SW game). It moved 9+ million copies by the end of 2017 which had the EA folks claim it missed sales expectations and they expected sales over 10+ million copies by that point. The 1st Battlefront they did sold 14+ million copies and alienated many as it was rushed out to hit with the movie.

Disney doesn't care about video game license. They aren't a Robert Kirkman who stripped one studio before a wide release because the game was absolute ****. They just don't care. EA has done 3 games...in 6-7 years of having the license. 2 of them have been so bad the last one had the company come under fire for microtransactions hence why EA is now begging folks to pick this next one up promising it won't have that.
    Ok so both BF games outsold every SW game before them lol. How exactly does that count as alienating fans? When more fans bought those games? Both games still active with 2 still getting more content. It's laughable to hear ppl say BF2 is bad. When RDR2 and Division 2 mp were both DOA. If you think BF2 is a bad game then you just don't know good games. And EA doesn't have to beg for ppl to buy the new game sure it'll sell well just like everything else. I won't be buying it though cause I'm not really into single player. Like seriously anybody still talking about microtransactions that never happened can't even be taken seriously.

Meanwhile BO4 is selling a melee hammer for 30 rl dollars,rockstar selling digital horses for 40rl dollars but no outrage cuz "Oh it's not EA." It's straight up bullshit man.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-16-2019 at 06:04 AM.

DLC doesn't really bug me. If I don't want something I just don't buy it, and the whole pay-to-win dynamic doesn't really bug me either since it's not like I stake any of my livelihood on winning at games.

To me if the DLC extends the life of a game I enjoy I'd rather do that than buy another copy of 2K whatever or Madden etc that has some slight tweaks and a roster update.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is ridiculous they didn't immediately switch to wesleysnipes

Shoutout to 70s Blade. Full disclosure and all even I wasn't even totally aware of except in them Marvel Indexes from the late 80s. With the lime green NRA youth shooting glasses, forest green Dockers and the Lady Sings the Blues era perm. Dude had a clip of about 5 wooden stakes. 2 or 3 on the sash and 1 in each hand and if that didn't get it done wasn't **** happening.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    DLC doesn't really bug me. If I don't want something I just don't buy it, and the whole pay-to-win dynamic doesn't really bug me either since it's not like I stake any of my livelihood on winning at games.

To me if the DLC extends the life of a game I enjoy I'd rather do that than buy another copy of 2K whatever or Madden etc that has some slight tweaks and a roster update.
    Honestly pay to win does bother me I like pvp as a hobby and think it should be balanced and fair as possible. But what bothers me more is ppl saying a game is pay to win and it's actually not. Then you got games out there really selling a possible advantage and there's no outrage it's just totally hypocritical.

Honestly pay to win does bother me I like pvp as a hobby and think it should be balanced and fair as possible. But what bothers me more is ppl saying a game is pay to win and it's actually not. Then you got games out there really selling a possible advantage and there's no outrage it's just totally hypocritical.
    Are console pay to win a thing?

It is obviously common in the "free" app world but I figured it wasn't a console thing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

It is obviously common in the "free" app world but I figured it wasn't a console thing.
    I mostly play 3rd person shooters so I'm not sure about other games. The closest I've seen it on a shooter was uncharted 4 by naughty dog where you could actually buy weapons and gear that'd give you an advantage in pvp. The gameplay was also pretty bad so I stopped playing.

Extraordinary Member

People tend to call any mirco-transaction they don't like as "pay to win" just so they can have the argument high ground.

For example, buying stuff that makes your avatar look cooler but doesn't improve it's stats isn't "pay to win" it's "pay to look cool" maybe.

But Grand Theft Auto Online on console is blatantly pay to win by any reasonable standard.

You can buy in game cash with real money and use it to buy weapons, cars, fghter jets, tanks and so on that you can then use on your less armed fellow players.

Who then get so pissed off that they want to spend money to blow you up right back.

You can order an near unavoidable airstrike on another player for around 30 dollars PER AIRSTRIKE.

GTA Online isn't so much a game as it is an arena for retaliatory fuckery.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    R. Kelly continues to struggle money wise as its revealed his bank account currently has $625 bucks in it and he's been borrowing money to make bail and pay child support from a friend.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...3cLgZUA7XMl-ys

To me if winning is so important that someone will spend money on getting a couple extra kills so be it.

I like PVP sometimes, but I'm not all that concerned about K/D ratios and stuff like that. Sure losing isn't fun, but I see some people completely lose their #### over it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Me, too.
    I love that gif!

It is ridiculous they didn't immediately switch to wesleysnipes
    John Romita JR actually was drawing Blade like Wesley.

Ok so both BF games outsold every SW game before them lol. How exactly does that count as alienating fans? When more fans bought those games? Both games still active with 2 still getting more content. It's laughable to hear ppl say BF2 is bad. When RDR2 and Division 2 mp were both DOA. If you think BF2 is a bad game then you just don't know good games. And EA doesn't have to beg for ppl to buy the new game sure it'll sell well just like everything else. I won't be buying it though cause I'm not really into single player. Like seriously anybody still talking about microtransactions that never happened can't even be taken seriously.

Meanwhile BO4 is selling a melee hammer for 30 rl dollars,rockstar selling digital horses for 40rl dollars but no outrage cuz "Oh it's not EA." It's straight up bullshit man.
    Actually the best selling Star Wars game of all time is Lego Star Wars: the complete saga with 18 mil in sells ,5.6 mil more than the 2nd Battlefront, though it did have an advantage as it was released on about every platform available. That was followed by the 2nd SW Battlefront, then the 1st Battlefront, and the 2nd Battlefront II that sold about 10,000 more copies than the 1st Battlefront 2 (oddly enough because of high PS4 sales in Europe it did not sell well in the US as its not in the top 5 in SW games sold on X-Box platforms). Sales dropped to more than half from the 2nd Battlefront (12.4 ml) to the 2nd Battlefront 2 (5.3 ml). With such a drop (57.3 %) I think it would be safe to assume that fans were unhappy with EA's handling of the Battlefront games.

It really wasn't the microtransactions (that are becoming less and less "micro") but the "loot box" approach where you could not directly buy what you wanted you bought a box and hoped that you got Vader in it. Yes Dice and EA changed course after the uproar but by that time the damage is done and interest in SW games from EA has dropped a significant amount.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 04-16-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting