Page 606 of 827 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 12396
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am saying it NOW.... Mark my words.

The next Starwars trilogy will focus of a black girl character as the lead but with a whiteboy as the live of her existence...and they will go ALL OUT lovey dovey smoochey smashey then they will say that the errors of Finnn/ Rey was learnt and corrected

The whiteboy MUST ALWAYS be the lover of whatever or whoever the lead female is black, Asian, White, etc.

If not this, .....if the next lead is still a white gal.....they will pair her up with the whitest "black" guy they can find..

All hail #Reylo fanatics, may their cursed shadow. continue.
    It was suggested in the Star Wars comics that Han Solo had a black ex-wife and the anti-SJW crowd lost their sh*t.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I meant in Star Wars.

The one from Solo was a relationship, I'll give you that, but I don't think Finn and Rose really had a relationship. She just kissed him without his consent
    What kills me is that they hung out in story for what seemed like a day or two and now she "loves" him?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What kills me is that they hung out in story for what seemed like a day or two and now she "loves" him?
    Yeah, made no sense at all. Then she barely shows up in the next movie so the relationship is never developped

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I was going to get the Colors remaster, but I heard its full of glitches.
    They had ONE fucking job!...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eh, it's a Disney movie. People falling in love in a short amount of time is to be expected.

Extraordinary Member

Out of all the video game characters to have a halfway decent movie, I don't think anyone would have thought it was Sonic the Hedgehog. Especially considering the beating he's been taking ever since the series went 3d. I was going to get the Colors remaster, but I heard its full of glitches.
    When you mentioned Colors, for a hot second honestly thought you were talking about that gang movie with Sean Penn and Robert Duval. Then I read more carefully.

Doh.

I didn't realize Sonic Colors was over 10 years old already,

Usually, I'd be a little freaked out over the rapid passage of time but I honestly don't remember this ever coming out the first time. I thought this was a new game.

When was the last decent Sonic game made, the 90's?

When the peeps who create Star Wars stuff for Disney want to make themselves feel better they look at the Sonic Franchise and think "At least we aren't these guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    When you mentioned Colors, for a hot second honestly thought you were talking about that gang movie with Sean Penn and Robert Duval. Then I read more carefully.

Doh.
    Me too actually. I figured it was some anniversary edition.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh, it's a Disney movie. People falling in love in a short amount of time is to be expected.
    Frankly, that's a trope of movies in general, Romantic Comedies in particular. When Harry met Sally is a notable exception in that regard as it takes them years before they finally get together.

Then Before Sunrise came out and took that idea and took it to its logical (and kind of messed up) conclusion.

But those are the exceptions.

Movies are still the place where Love at First Sight can still be a thing even if the characters in those stories now have to lampshade how acting on those impulses may be A Really Bad Idea.

Frankly, that's a trope of movies in general, Romantic Comedies in particular. When Harry met Sally is a notable exception in that regard as it takes them years before they finally get together.

Then Before Sunrise came out and took that idea and took it to its logical (and kind of messed up) conclusion.

But those are the exceptions.

Movies are still the place where Love at First Sight can still be a thing even if the characters in those stories now have to lampshade how acting on those impulses may be A Really Bad Idea.
    I mean, hell

Rey and Kylo had love at first torture.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It actually became a trilogy (Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight) AND Ethan Hawke stayed alive through all of them! I'd watch it based on that alone (he seems to love playing a character who dies at some point).

Doh.

I didn't realize Sonic Colors was over 10 years old already,

Usually, I'd be a little freaked out over the rapid passage of time but I honestly don't remember this ever coming out the first time. I thought this was a new game.

When was the last decent Sonic game made, the 90's?

When the peeps who create Star Wars stuff for Disney want to make themselves feel better they look at the Sonic Franchise and think "At least we aren't these guys".
    Colors was a Nintendo exclusive, so if you didn't have a Wii or a DS, then you wouldn't have played it. I have the DS version. It's pretty good, as far as handheld games go.

The Wii version was pretty good, it got a lot of positive responses after the rushed, glitch filled nightmare that was Sonic '06. The storybook games, and Unleashed, where we got the werehog. It was a strange time. Shadow and Silver are practically clones, kind of like Kaine and Ben Reilly respectively.

Sonic mania is a recent game that got a lot of positive response, mostly because Sega threw their hands in the air and just let Christian Whitehead do his thing. It's an homage to the 2d Sonic games, the first three, and my personal favorite, Sonic CD.

Apparently the people behind the Colors remaster didn't have access to the master file, hence the glitches, they're supposed to be working on a patch, so maybe I'll wait. Still would have been nice to play though.

For some reason, Disney doesn't really dive into video games very often. Outside of mobile stuff, Kingdom Hearts, and Tron once in a blue moon. They tried to come up with their own pokemon-style franchise called spectrobes, but it didn't pan out. The creature design in the game was really good though. I'd love to get my hands on the art book.

Extraordinary Member

Colors was a Nintendo exclusive, so if you didn't have a Wii or a DS, then you wouldn't have played it. I have the DS version. It's pretty good, as far as handheld games go.

The Wii version was pretty good, it got a lot of positive responses after the rushed, glitch filled nightmare that was Sonic '06. The storybook games, and Unleashed, where we got the werehog. It was a strange time. Shadow and Silver are practically clones, kind of like Kaine and Ben Reilly respectively.

Sonic mania is a recent game that got a lot of positive response, mostly because Sega threw their hands in the air and just let Christian Whitehead do his thing. It's an homage to the 2d Sonic games, the first three, and my personal favorite, Sonic CD.

Apparently the people behind the Colors remaster didn't have access to the master file, hence the glitches, they're supposed to be working on a patch, so maybe I'll wait. Still would have been nice to play though.

For some reason, Disney doesn't really dive into video games very often. Outside of mobile stuff, Kingdom Hearts, and Tron once in a blue moon. They tried to come up with their own pokemon-style franchise called spectrobes, but it didn't pan out. The creature design in the game was really good though. I'd love to get my hands on the art book.
    Disney even canceled the Infinity series even though it was making them lots of money.

It seems for Disney, having to keep servers up for online games or having to have long standing in house dev teams like Sonic Team, isn't worth the effort.

They are only cool with licensed games, because someone else is doing all the work. If Nomura worked for Disney, they would have probably let Kingdom Hearts die after Chain Of Memories and sacked him afterwards.

Doh.
    Now that I think about it, Colors wasn't ever my jam, too much LAPD for me I think. Not to mention the redhead kid from Children of the Corn as a banger was the weirdest casting ever. One of Ice-T's coldest songs but after that there's only about every hood movie ever I'd rather sit through for the umpteenth time before it... Damn, South Central was my **** back in the day, it's easily been 20+ years since I seen that one last.

This damn, Reservation Dogs show is hilarious. I didn't know wtf Z was talking about. It's definitely an ATLANTA clone. Here I thought Watiti was an Arab brown, didn't realize he's native american (he is right?). I don't even know how many episodes in are they but the weed episode with the Uncle is nuts lol. And they had Yasiin Bey at the end of the first one. Greasy Fry Bread lol.

Look, hip-hop culture is damn near approaching AARP status, it belongs to the world and it's generational. Pullin from iterations of the past to tell a certain story, especially from a group lower on the socioeconomic totem as a whole, I ain't got a problem with. Also it's quite jarring to me that as an American society, we literally have ZERO imagery, having moved through years of normal life, where we see actual Native Americans on ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Surf; 09-08-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Now that I think about it, Colors wasn't ever my jam, too much LAPD for me I think. Not to mention the redhead kid from Children of the Corn as a banger was the weirdest casting ever. One of Ice-T's coldest songs but after that there's only about every hood movie ever I'd rather sit through for the umpteenth time... Damn, South Central was my **** back in the day, it's easily been 20+ years since I seen that one last.

This damn, Reservation Dogs show is hilarious. I didn't know wtf Z was talking about. It's definitely an ATLANTA clone. Here I thought Watiti was an Arab brown, didn't realize he's native american (he is right?). I don't even know how many episodes in are they but the weed episode with the Uncle is nuts lol. And they had Yasiin Bey at the end of the first one. Greasy Fry Bread lol.

Look, hip-hop culture is damn near approaching AARP status, it belongs to the world and it's generational. Pullin from iterations of the past to tell a certain story, especially from a group lower on the socioeconomic totem as a whole, I ain't got a problem with. Also it's quite jarring to me that as an American society, we literally have ZERO imagery, having moved through years of normal life, where we see actual Native Americans on ANYTHING.
    I believe Waititi is from New Zealand.

I think he’s of Maori descent. Now, that’s another group of marginalized people that we could spend all night talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Now that I think about it, Colors wasn't ever my jam, too much LAPD for me I think. Not to mention the redhead kid from Children of the Corn as a banger was the weirdest casting ever. One of Ice-T's coldest songs but after that there's only about every hood movie ever I'd rather sit through for the umpteenth time before it... Damn, South Central was my **** back in the day, it's easily been 20+ years since I seen that one last.

To be clear, I don't dislike the show, I was just pointing out the criticisms that have been levelled against it and wanted to know what people here thought of it.