Page 524 of 821 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 12315

Anyone watch Zero on Netflix? It's an Italian show about a teen who gains invisibility and uses it to save his neighborhood. Most of the cast is Black and the MC is really into manga/comics.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Part of the problem with Pelosi is that she's been involved in politics so long that she sees everything as part of a chess game she's playing with conservatives. It's mostly optics. Tearing up a speech, optics, Kneeling in Kente Cloth, (Which you don't really see anymore, stuff was all over the place in the 90's, or it felt like it.) optics. Making George Floyd into a martyr, optics. Symbolism, theater, action faking, everything but doing actual work.
    No doubt. Hmmp, yea that certain ultra colorful Kente print spent some time living life in the early 90s lol. By '94 I feel that wave on life support and never quite recovered.

The King's **** though, did throw it back in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gotta stop being so reactionary to every unfortunate circumstance. It will be used against activist and stuff if they do that.
    IDK, maybe, people can and should be able to hold two thoughts in their heads. Or at the very least should be made to put forth the effort. I'm not against policing, truly not many people are but the police unions wield way to much power. We lock way to many people up disproportionately. Way too much of our public funding goes to military equipment for local PD's. Way to many assholes on the force and qualified immunity needs to go. Several other way too much's but you can have an effective force, with plenty of overtime, if we really had to.

Sad that sista had to lose her life but she was rearing back to cut that other girl in the pink. I spent 15 minutes with my co-worker going over it frame by frame yesterday (I can think of better ways to spend a work break). One questionable shooting should'nt negate the dozens of other blatantly flagrant ones.

When I was going to public school, not all the time but we ran TOWARDS more than our fair share of fights. Seemed to be a semi-regular occurrence in the hallways or on the bus and not everybody went through that type of ****. Me and my brother went to a township school for a year after my folks divorced, 4th grade and I think I saw 1 dust up that whole year and I remember thinking, what the hell's wrong with these kids lol. Muthafukas is holdin' these days too so that's a behavior I will tell differently to my kids. Point being I guess a confrontation that's in your face, people grow up and react differently too also, I think.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

IDK, maybe, people can and should be able to hold two thoughts in their heads.
    people can't even manage holding one half coherent thought in their head lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quite. Thems the ones that keep us from having nice things too.
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Anyone watch Zero on Netflix? It's an Italian show about a teen who gains invisibility and uses it to save his neighborhood. Most of the cast is Black and the MC is really into manga/comics.
    I didn't know Italian tv had this kind of stuff.

Harsh, but sometimes true

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I like it. This is an adaptation of super powers in a movie and not just a comic book movie with all of the crazy expensive special effects. That is something that I don't like about current comic book movies-they try to adapt every single aspect of a comic book on film when they know it's waay too expensive. When I watch a movie I want to watch a movie and not a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I like it. This is an adaptation of super powers in a movie and not just a comic book movie with all of the crazy expensive special effects. That is something that I don't like about current comic book movies-they try to adapt every single aspect of a comic book on film when they know it's waay too expensive. When I watch a movie I want to watch a movie and not a comic book.
    Give me something like the MCU but make it animation and you'd have peak comicbook stuff IMHO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Um, what's wrong with showing all the stuff in a comic?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Part of the problem with Pelosi is that she's been involved in politics so long that she sees everything as part of a chess game she's playing with conservatives. It's mostly optics. Tearing up a speech, optics, Kneeling in Kente Cloth, (Which you don't really see anymore, stuff was all over the place in the 90's, or it felt like it.) optics. Making George Floyd into a martyr, optics. Symbolism, theater, action faking, everything but doing actual work.
    Quoted for truth.

Ultimate Member

Gotta stop being so reactionary to every unfortunate circumstance. It will be used against activist and stuff if they do that.
    Yeah, it does sound and look like the officer was justified in using lethal force.

I mean, Ms Bryant was lunging at someone with a knife and could and most likely would have caused very serious injury to said individual.

Under city guidelines, lethal force and NOT tasering is the appropriate response. The tragedy is Mah'kia Bryant was just 15 years old...her life has been cut short.

Scott pilgrim went crazy with special effects and it felt like a comic book.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Not Shock G...dang. Hits kinda hard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Man these guys aren't even that old, damn. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Man these guys aren't even that old, damn. RIP.
    Yes/Yes...

Like I mentioned in another thread, I almost hope that this is some sort of a ruse but I seriously doubt that will wind up being what is going on.

... what the hell man. I was in 7th grade when Humpty Dance video came out, for a stretch it had to be one of the most played videos on The Box. Oakland's feelin' it right now. RIP.
    You bet yer ass.