Page 10 of 827 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Eh, the Xmen have had in recent times Magneto, White Queen and Sabertooth as members what's one more mass murderer more or less?

Hell, isn't Namor on Jean's X-Team now?

Bishop's just a wannabe in comparison!
    Didn't Bishop kill a whole planet or am I remembering?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

If they really want to make X-men comics worth reading, they need to sweep the field clean of all the boring ass psychics. It is unquestionably the dullest, most overpowered toolset in comics, a worse offender than the flying brick. Psychics can do too much: Control your body, implant memories, create illusions, learn languages and technical skills in moments, turn your brain off, erase your personality, and that's just the telepaths! If they have telekinesis too, then they can fly, create forcefields, throw energy blasts, levitate ANYTHING, it's ridiculous. There's no hard limit on anything they do. Any casual gamer can see that psychics are broken and due for a nerf. They're also so uncreative. No need for writers to think of cool and original powers when they can just make a new psychic.

I hate them SO MUCH.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think you might be confusing Bishop with John Stewart, who blew up two planets. Bishop tried to kill Hope Summers, and the other X-men didn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If they really want to make X-men comics worth reading, they need to sweep the field clean of all the boring ass psychics. It is unquestionably the dullest, most overpowered toolset in comics, a worse offender than the flying brick. Psychics can do too much: Control your body, implant memories, create illusions, learn languages and technical skills in moments, turn your brain off, erase your personality, and that's just the telepaths! If they have telekinesis too, then they can fly, create forcefields, throw energy blasts, levitate ANYTHING, it's ridiculous. There's no hard limit on anything they do. Any casual gamer can see that psychics are broken and due for a nerf. They're also so uncreative. No need for writers to think of cool and original powers when they can just make a new psychic.

I hate them SO MUCH.
    If they get rid of the psychics, Cyclops won't have anymore love interests. Jean, Madeline, Emma, hell Psylocke licked his face once. Scott's spanish fly for psychic chicks. Kind of like how all the guys are kind of into Sue Richards, Namor, T'challa, Spider-Man, asked her out once to piss off Johnny, and she agreed so that it would piss Reed off. It would be nice if they were a bit more creative with the mutants. I love rogue and X-23, but I wonder, aren't the X-fans bored reading about the same 10 mutants over and over again? With them being near extinction for the umpteenth time?

I know way too much about this stuff, I am in dire need of a life.

Extraordinary Member

The X-Men need new story tropes to run into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bishop destroyed entire time lines chasing Cable and Hope, basically killing off entire generations.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I wish someone would write an X-Men comic where regular mutants call them out for living in mansions, having corny ass names, and basically being "Hoteps" with superpowers.

I would buy every issue of that for as long as it was published.

Marvel really needs to just copy Blood Syndicate but use the Morlocks and have them centered in M-Town. Then have them talk **** to Magneto and The X-Men for talking all that jive but accomplishing nothing.

They had a whole ass island and couldn't get it to work out. Twice.

Dr. Umar might as well start up a mutant boarding school.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The X-Men need new story tropes to run into the ground.
    America in the X-men universe is like the Weimar Republic on crystal meth. And it operates under strict rules that can NEVER be broken.

Rule 1: Anti-mutant rallies will ALWAYS turn into huge riots, and they will always be mostly upset white middle-class people like dentists and housewives, even though most famous mutants are white. Because being a mutant is so bad that it will cost you your white privilage.

Rule 2: No matter how crazy scary an anti-mutant rally is, it will always be attended by at least one child or teenage mutant, sometimes two, who will say or think things like: this is getting out of hand! IF THEY FIND ME, I'll be in serious trouble!

Rule 3: They will find them.

Rule 4: The X-men will show up and rescue these dumbass mutant kids who shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Rule 5: "Welcome to the X-men (insert stupid name here), hope you suvive the experience!"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

I hate them SO MUCH.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they just portrayed it with some kind of limits, instead of carte blanche to do anything with your mind. Like, if you say someone has "telepathic" abilities ... that can be, they can just read surface level thoughts from someone, but the range they can do it from is limited, and they have to concentrate, and they can't just read everybody in a room at the same time. Or, maybe they can "talk" directly to another person mentally, and can only "hear" what the person wants to say back. Or, maybe they can make people in their vicinity see illusions, but can't read minds at all. Or, they can "mind control" someone within a certain range, but can't read their mind (like Purple Man, kind of?). Maybe they can't control people outright, but can influence emotions (like Empath, from way back). Or, maybe they can "astral project" into people's minds and see more than just surface thoughts, but can't "talk" directly mind-to-mind, can't use mind control, and their body is left unconscious/defenseless if they're looking around in someone else's head. Any of these kinds of "telepathy" would still be a super power, but only useful in some contexts, thus allowing it to be more interesting when some kind of utility is found, and avoiding the problem of the powerset just being a boring grab-bag of unlimited "I Win" abilities.

Similarly, you could have "telekinetic" powers have limits, like maybe you can only create a force-field, and if so it is not impenetrable, it doesn't have unlimited range, and you can't just pop it around everybody or everything in an instant. Or, you can't create a force field, but you can move objects within a certain range of your body -- but, just like with your own muscles, how much force you can move things with has a definite limit. Maybe your telekinesis only allows you to levitate yourself and/or a couple of other things near you ... yeah, any of these variations is a lot less impressive than what your X-Men mutant telekinetics can usually do, but like with putting definite limits on telepathy, that's kind of the point. You give the character clearly defined parameters for what their "extra" abilities can do, so it's much less difficult to put them in situations where they are really challenged, and readers can come to admire them from seeing how they are clever or brave or creative or whatever other facet of their personality allows them to triumph, as opposed to their just winning because they are the most powerful telekinetic on the planet.

I mean, I like the "psychic" powerset, but yeah -- tends to be over-powered, as usually portrayed in the X-verse.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

I've always wondered how civilians in the Marvel universe instantly know that someone who looks otherwise human is a mutant when all they do is use their powers. I mean there are plenty of heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe who have powers that they got in some other way then being a mutant (Spider-man, Captain America, Fantastic Four). But when a new X-Man uses his powers publicly, the people somehow instant know Mutant! How does that work?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOL...sounds like the ranting of an incel's fever dream.
    I know we're supposed to be moving on, but if you read the comments section of his videos, many of the comments there seem like incels trying hard to pretend that they aren't incels.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Heh, that's skyvolt's man tho. I feel even he's kinda turned on him tho lately. It's whatever, now that I think of it I wonder does Hammerhead ever edit any of these rants or is it just off the cuff? Is there an outline even? Whatev, if I'm keeping it a bill I must say if he goes all Cronenburg SCANNERS in front of that 480i camera please- let me know.
    I'll admit I find his hypocrisy and self delusions quite amusing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The balls...

I really feel some kind of way now that I look back. Once I got back in to comics in the mid-00's and realized Jim Owlsley changed his name to, at the time, sounded like a PS2 gamer tag... I mean it still kinda does but nothing like this clown. How the man has not been considered for an editor-in-chief with his body of work is baffling, unless he just doesn't want to.

Well, keep in mind he willingly walked away from comics for a number of years. Marvel/DC kept trying to lure him back, but he had no interest until the Deathstroke gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've always wondered how civilians in the Marvel universe instantly know that someone who looks otherwise human is a mutant when all they do is use their powers. I mean there are plenty of heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe who have powers that they got in some other way then being a mutant (Spider-man, Captain America, Fantastic Four). But when a new X-Man uses his powers publicly, the people somehow instant know Mutant! How does that work?
    My theory is that when a mutant is using his powers publicly its typically against...another mutant, so it comes off as a gang fight.

Avengers on the other hand wind up fighting otherworldly threats or threats that, from the public's POV, can't possibly be from within the same circle as Avengers but they had a falling out. Maybe Ultron since Pym, an Avenger, created him, but even then is that even public knowledge? For all world knows Ultron's an alien robot.

Spider-Man, that's just one costumed dude fighting other costumed villains. Its bizarre but doesn't necessarily scream mutant.

That's one of the [many] problems with the X-Men. They are, for all intents and purposes, one gang fight after another. That might be one of the reasons I love it when otherworldly stuff happens like the Shi'ar and Brood storylines (showing my age here lol).

That's why fear of mutants makes sense, but not in the way they've ever been portrayed in comics. For instance, if a guy at a bar shows his friends "I'm a mutant!" and creates a gestating ball of fire in his hand, unless he immediately follows that up with "...and an Avenger!" the FEAR should be he'll suddenly start duking it out with another guy somewhere in that same bar who can create ice out of thin air. lol

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wish someone would write an X-Men comic where regular mutants call them out for living in mansions, having corny ass names, and basically being "Hoteps" with superpowers.

I would buy every issue of that for as long as it was published.

Marvel really needs to just copy Blood Syndicate but use the Morlocks and have them centered in M-Town. Then have them talk **** to Magneto and The X-Men for talking all that jive but accomplishing nothing.

They had a whole ass island and couldn't get it to work out. Twice.

Dr. Umar might as well start up a mutant boarding school.
    Some of that stuff has happened but it usually get hand waved away in the next panel or two, or it's said by someone who's views the reader doesn't completely trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If it was left up to me the only current X-Men that would stay on the team are those with visible mutations.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum