Page 82 of 827 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 12391

Damn. Damn. Damn. /Florida Evans. I'll miss Marvel Netflix Luke Cage. Bushmaster tying Black Mariah and Nightshade to chairs so he could burn her house down andLuke having to save their asses was one of the most 616 **** I've ever seen. RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-ca...er-1202486487/

Seems unrelated to ratings because season 2 was awesome.

The way things are going, I won’t be surprised if Marvel pulls all its shows from Netflix.
    #BlameThanos

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Okay so Netflix cancelled Luke Cage. My first reaction is what the hell and my second is is this because of that streaming service Disney is trying to do?
    A little of it is Disney, A little of it is that Marvel shows cost a lot because of the original contract negotiated, A little of it is performance in comparison into amount of money it makes, A little of creative difference and A little of it is Netflix is lives in a world where they can push their own create content like Umbrella academy,Millarworld stuff and keep all(most) of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A little of it is Disney, A little of it is that Marvel shows cost a lot because of the original contract negotiated, A little of it is performance in comparison into amount of money it makes, A little of creative difference and A little of it is Netflix is lives in a world where they can push their own create content like Umbrella academy,Millarworld stuff and keep all(most) of the money.
    i think DDS3 cost 56 million

Netflix probably realized they could make like 5 of there garbage original content shows for that
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Netflix probably realized they could make like 5 of there garbage original content shows for that

Also the fact Disney has its own streaming service coming and plans to pull their movies off netflix soon. They can put their own money in and generate more possibly doing seasons of shows on that new streaming service.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Racist White Woman Verbally Attacks Family for Speaking Spanish in Virginia Restaurant

https://splinternews.com/racist-whit...ing-1829894153

#SayHerName: Florida Police Viciously Beat 14-Year-Old Black Girl for ‘Resisting Arrest’

https://www.theroot.com/sayhername-f...old-1829894526

Ultimate Member

That's the tragic thing.

There's so much crap packed into Netflix that the Marvel shows (except Iron Fist) were actually a shining light there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's the tragic thing.

There's so much crap packed into Netflix that the Marvel shows (except Iron Fist) were actually a shining light there.
    Whether or not we ever get Heroes for Hire may very well boil down to the question of would a Luke Cage and Iron Fist team up show be considered a separate entity from Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Netfilx isn't getting any more licenses off of Disney/Marvel now that they have their own streaming service coming. Netflix would probably have to pay Marvel again for the use of Heroes For Hire and/or Daughters of the Dragon licenses.

I've also heard that the issue is Netfilx not wanting to pay for any more 13 episode series and Marvel insisting that the seasons be that long (because eff you Netflix, pay us).

If that is the case, Netfilx might probably end up cancelling everything but Daredevil and Punisher (or whatever the highest rated show after Daredevil is).

They look to be in mainly cheapskate original content mode now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

#SayHerName: Florida Police Viciously Beat 14-Year-Old Black Girl for ‘Resisting Arrest’

https://www.theroot.com/sayhername-f...old-1829894526
    Most cops are insecure bullies and nothing more. They just get a license to be insecure bullies + a weapon. Making each and every one of them feel like they are "heroes" just made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Whether or not we ever get Heroes for Hire may very well boil down to the question of would a Luke Cage and Iron Fist team up show be considered a separate entity from Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Netfilx isn't getting any more licenses off of Disney/Marvel now that they have their own streaming service coming. Netflix would probably have to pay Marvel again for the use of Heroes For Hire and/or Daughters of the Dragon licenses.

I've also heard that the issue is Netfilx not wanting to pay for any more 13 episode series and Marvel insisting that the seasons be that long (because eff you Netflix, pay us).

If that is the case, Netfilx might probably end up cancelling everything but Daredevil and Punisher (or whatever the highest rated show after Daredevil is).

They look to be in mainly cheapskate original content mode now.
    Makes sense, they are no longer partners, but competitors.

I'll be really curious what Disney does with their more adult programming. Especially with all the stuff from Fox they own now.

People keep acting like they will put it on Hulu or something, but ti makes more sense to me to have "kids" subsection like they do on Netflix. My kids process their kids profile and get nothing but age appropriate cartoons.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Most cops are insecure bullies and nothing more. They just get a license to be insecure bullies + a weapon. Making each and every one of them feel like they are "heroes" just made it worse.

Makes sense, they are no longer partners, but competitors.

I'll be really curious what Disney does with their more adult programming. Especially with all the stuff from Fox they own now.

People keep acting like they will put it on Hulu or something, but ti makes more sense to me to have "kids" subsection like they do on Netflix. My kids process their kids profile and get nothing but age appropriate cartoons.
    I think people are hoping that Disney will leave/put their adult content on Hulu. They probably EXPECT Disney to hold them up for everything other than maybe the Fox movies.

Putting out all those mediocre straight to video sequels to its classic films in the late 90's looks REAL smart now. Because now Disney has an insane amount
    of kids content even if you ignore everything it made for Cable TV.

When you count the cable stuff...

If DC thinks its can get people to pay 8 bucks a month about for its little bit of content, I can only imagine what Disney will do.

Black people try and guess Jewish slang ( though technically its Yiddish slang).

They didn't realize almost every other word in Yiddish is an insult

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I think people are hoping that Disney will leave/put their adult content on Hulu. They probably EXPECT Disney to hold them up for everything other than maybe the Fox movies.

Putting out all those mediocre straight to video sequels to its classic films in the late 90's looks REAL smart now. Because now Disney has an insane amount
    of kids content even if you ignore everything it made for Cable TV.

When you count the cable stuff...

If DC thinks its can get people to pay 8 bucks a month about for its little bit of content, I can only imagine what Disney will do.
    I'm really mostly invested into what happens with their cable shows.

Like, what happens to their Disney Channel and Disney XD stuff?

There is surprisingly little known about it other than the Star Wars show

I'm really mostly invested into what happens with their cable shows.

Like, what happens to their Disney Channel and Disney XD stuff?

There is surprisingly little known about it other than the Star Wars show
    They'll probably move their most popular stuff on there. Maybe some of their old stuff for the nostalgia crowd.

You know I never even heard of those last two shows. Only Netflix original show I watch, that's not Marvel made, is Voltron. In the past few days I managed to make time to watch season two of Luke Cage and now I'm going to miss it even more.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    You know I never even heard of those last two shows. Only Netflix original show I watch, that's not Marvel made, is Voltron. In the past few days I managed to make time to watch season two of Luke Cage and now I'm going to miss it even more.
    Umbrella academy is upcoming show based on Dark Horse comic. Millarworld is stuff from Mark Millar who made Kick Ass,Kingman,Wanted,Huck etc. Netflix doesn't have Wanted or Kickass which have deals elsewhere but they have access to other stuff like Jupiter's Legacy or American Jesus.Netflix is publisher for current comics Magic order,Prodigy and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter so they are kinda making a pipeline of original content as well. Netflix is making American Jesus, Jupiter's Legacy, Huck, Empress and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter either shows or a movie.

If Iron Fist and Luke Cage isn't doing crazy numbers then it is might not be worth the effort and Netflix have their original stuff to push soon and while it is not Marvel big they can put from the creator of "Wanted,Kick Ass and Kingsman" and they should get comic fans and genre fans attention.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-23-2018 at 03:29 AM.