Page 105 of 827 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 12395
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I look at this and I think, "Oh god not another event."
    Same here lol
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    War of the Realms has been in the background of Aaron's thor run for years now so I am just glad its concluding lol
    I'm tired of waiting for this to end. Thor has changed so much that I don't think i recognize him (I don't even think I like him anymore).
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-17-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    A little off-topic but has anyone here watched "The Haunting of Hill House"on Netflix?

I've only heard good things about it but I've found it to be criminally slow so far,
    I absolutely loved "The Haunting of Hill House". I didn't mind the pace or thought it was too slow personally. A couple things you should keep in mind while watching it is one; it's much more tragic and sad than it is outright scary, It's more about how people struggle to deal with grief and trauma then it is about people being terrorized by ghosts and two; there are many ghosts hidden in the background of scenes set in Hill House, it's fun to keep an eye out for them and keep track of how many you spot.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Lol, what happened to She-hulk? She looks like a medical illustration of risk factors for type 1 diabetes.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Lol, what happened to She-hulk? She looks like a medical illustration of risk factors for type 1 diabetes.
    I guess they're now going for the same inhumanly exaggerated proportions as Bruce's Hulk form.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Yeesh! I preferred classic She-hulk. Her confidence and cheerful demeanor contrasted nicely with Bruce's 'woe is me' routine. Isnt it true that Hulks only get that big if they're about to go complete Mob Psycho 100? Must mean Jenny's stressd out.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Yeesh! I preferred classic She-hulk. Her confidence and cheerful demeanor contrasted nicely with Bruce's 'woe is me' routine. Isnt it true that Hulks only get that big if they're about to go complete Mob Psycho 100? Must mean Jenny's stressd out.
    I can sort of see the logic in making Jen like this since superhero comics lack a lot of “monster” female characters. OTOH, it might have upset less people to do this with an original character not She Hulk.

Since civil war two, Jen's gone through some...changes. First she was big,grey, and covered in scars, then she went back to being green, but kept the size and Aaron needed her to be the generic dumb hulk since bruce was dead at the time, she and Thor are a thing now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Falcon was teased as a mutant during Steve Englehart's Captain America run
    It was brought up as a question, but it was a fake-out.

Christopher Priest brought back the idea of Sam possibly being a mutant when he wrote the Falcon mini-series in the 80s, when a Sentinel attacked him. This makes sense since the X-Men were now a hot franchise by that time, and Priest himself very obviously hated the whole Snap Wilson retcon (note that he goes out of his way to make fun of how it makes no sense in his Black Panther run). But then Kurt Busiek definitely said that Falcon was not a mutant in his Avengers run, where he had Jarvis state that Falcon's telepathic abilities were indeed from the Cosmic Cube, and that the Sentinel that attacked him was damaged and simply mistook him for a mutant.
    Even the FALCON mini-series stated clearly that his powers came from the Cube, and the idea that the Sentinel was malfunctioning due to damage wasn't my addition either -- it came up in a letter column somewhere.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    It was brought up as a question, but it was a fake-out.

Even the FALCON mini-series stated clearly that his powers came from the Cube, and the idea that the Sentinel was malfunctioning due to damage wasn't my addition either -- it came up in a letter column somewhere.
    Ah..thanks for the clarification.

The Falcon as a mutant thing never really worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ah..thanks for the clarification.

The Falcon as a mutant thing never really worked for me.
    I just took it as "X-men are gold, make everything mutant related"

Bad writing.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Since civil war two, Jen's gone through some...changes. First she was big,grey, and covered in scars, then she went back to being green, but kept the size and Aaron needed her to be the generic dumb hulk since bruce was dead at the time, she and Thor are a thing now too.
    Aren't all the other Hulks depowered? Or whats that a long time ago lol. I thought there was an arc of Banner depowering them all or something?

So, basically, Aaron put a Hulk on his 1000000000000000000000 BC avengers team a long time ago, but when it came time to write the book, Banner was unavailable because of the Immortal Hulk/Devil Hulk thing so that really only leaves Jen

Thats my speculation anyway
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I just took it as "X-men are gold, make everything mutant related"
    They weren't gold in '74-75...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Aren't all the other Hulks depowered? Or whats that a long time ago lol. I thought there was an arc of Banner depowering them all or something?

So, basically, Aaron put a Hulk on his 1000000000000000000000 BC avengers team a long time ago, but when it came time to write the book, Banner was unavailable because of the Immortal Hulk/Devil Hulk thing so that really only leaves Jen

Thats my speculation anyway
    Doc Green(goatee maestro) depowered everyone except Jen. I kind of wish Betty was still Red She-Hulk because I liked her too. I think that Aaron thinks he's being progressive by making her this way, but a lot of female fans liked Jen the way she was before too, it's like the time JMS put Wonder Woman in pants.

Ewing even called Jen acting like classic hulk out when she and Bruce fought in Immortal Hulk.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 11-18-2018 at 09:07 AM.