Page 106 of 828 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 12408
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

When people say "Only God can judge me," that makes me feel really judgemental. It's like wow, you're pretty cocky, huh?

Today at work, I literally had nothing to do for seven hours, so I spent some of it reading Nick Spencer's Captain America run. I feel bad for U.S. Agent. No one can write that guy as anything other than a strawman conservative hick. He could be Marvel's answer to Guy Gardner, but currently it's like he exists for no other reason than to offer the worst possible take on any situation you can think of. If he's just going to be a joke character, they should change his name to G.I. Jingoist.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 11-18-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    When people say "Only God can judge me," that makes me feel really judgemental. It's like wow, you're pretty cocky, huh?

Today at work, I literally had nothing to do for seven hours, so I spent some of it reading Nick Spencer's Captain America run. I feel bad for U.S. Agent. No one can write that guy as anything other than a strawman conservative hick. He could be Marvel's answer to Guy Gardner, but currently it's like he exists for no other reason than to offer the worst possible take on any situation you can think of. If he's just going to be a joke character, they should change his name to G.I. Jingoist.
    I remember when I saw the bad guy from the second Charlie’s Angels movie had that tattooed on his back and I thought to myself, “Now there is a man with no fear.”

As someone not too familiar with either Gardner or Walker what exactly is the difference in how the two are written?

Today at work, I literally had nothing to do for seven hours
    Must be a nice, fulfilling job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I spat my coffee on the screen looking at she-hulk.

Was that just after a cookies and ice cream orgy or something?

Extraordinary Member

USAgent's moment of triumph was when he was retired and running the Vault.

He'd been previously crippled (lost an arm and leg) by Nuke so when the inevitable prison break happened some no-name metas jumped him.

He jumped out of his wheelchair and kicked all their asses, singlehandedly.

That was probably the coolest thing that he'd ever done and I've been following the character since his debut

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    USAgent's moment of triumph was when he was retired and running the Vault.

He'd been previously crippled (lost an arm and leg) by Nuke so when the inevitable prison break happened some no-name metas jumped him.

He jumped out of his wheelchair and kicked all their asses, singlehandedly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Doc Green(goatee maestro) depowered everyone except Jen. I kind of wish Betty was still Red She-Hulk because I liked her too. I think that Aaron thinks he's being progressive by making her this way, but a lot of female fans liked Jen the way she was before too, it's like the time JMS put Wonder Woman in pants.

Ewing even called Jen acting like classic hulk out when she and Bruce fought in Immortal Hulk.

Eh, that might not be the same. In fact, there was a survey done at San Diego Comic Con a few years back specifically asking women if they preferred Wonder Woman with pants on and the overwhelming majority said yes.

The big difference is, female fans prefer Wonder Woman with pants, but have little qualms with her not wearing pants. On the other hand, classic comic book fans throw a fit over a change like giving wonder woman pants, and as the saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Aren't all the other Hulks depowered? Or whats that a long time ago lol. I thought there was an arc of Banner depowering them all or something?

So, basically, Aaron put a Hulk on his 1000000000000000000000 BC avengers team a long time ago, but when it came time to write the book, Banner was unavailable because of the Immortal Hulk/Devil Hulk thing so that really only leaves Jen

Thats my speculation anyway
    Not all of them, Amadeus Cho got hit with the nerf bat but he's still technically gamma powered.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I remember when I saw the bad guy from the second Charlie’s Angels movie had that tattooed on his back and I thought to myself, “Now there is a man with no fear.”

As someone not too familiar with either Gardner or Walker what exactly is the difference in how the two are written?
    Guy never got to be the MAIN Lantern in charge. He didn't get that pressure that Hal, John, Kyle & Jade had. He was just the main Lantern for the post 1987 Justice League runs. He did get to be his own man when he got that yellow ring.

Walker like Sam Wilson & Winter Solider got to be at the top of the mountain as Cap America. The issue with all them was none of them fit the vision of how Cap America is SUPPOSE to be in the eyes of certain folks.
    Walker did things that Steve would never do and it lead him to a boiling point.

Walker to me is everything Steve WANTS to do but know he can't. Walker takes matters into his own hands from the start. Steve does it as a last resort and wants the justice system to take over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Guy never got to be the MAIN Lantern in charge. He didn't get that pressure that Hal, John, Kyle & Jade had. He was just the main Lantern for the post 1987 Justice League runs. He did get to be his own man when he got that yellow ring.
    80's Guy Gardener started out as a antihero, kinda.

He was Hal's alternate GL before John Stewart signed on, but he had the luck of Job. His Lantern blew up in his face the first time he tried to charge his ring (it was a trap meant to kill Hal).

While the poor sucker was in a coma, Hal ended up in a fling with Guy's girlfriend at the time. So when a Rogue faction of Guardians finally fixed him years later (!), he was a "shoot first, ask no questions" type in tune with his new bosses.

Then the rogue faction got put down, so Guy was left with a grudge against Hal in particular (he got me blowed up and stole my girl!) and the GLC in general (The rogue faction may have been borderline fascists, but at least they helped HIM).

All his character development (tough guy with a heart of gold) happened in 90's JLI book.

Class Action Lawsuit Says Canadian Hospitals Forced Sterilization on Indigenous Women

In a pending class action lawsuit, 60 indigenous Canadian women claimed they were coerced into tubal ligation in Saskatchewan hospitals. Now, Amnesty International is making moves to ensure Canadian courts take them seriously, according to The Guardian.
    In the lawsuit, some of the women say they were told by hospital officials that they wouldn’t be able to see their newborns unless they consented to the procedure. Others say the operations—in which tubes were tied, burned, and cut—were performed when they couldn’t give consent.

The practice of forced sterilization was brought to light in 2015 after four women came forward with their experiences, prompting an apology from authorities and new rules around the process. However, according to the lawsuit, public hospitals were still coercing sterilizations as recently as 2017.
    https://jezebel.com/class-action-law...ste-1830525386

Can someone explain to me how Canada gained a reputation for being an almost comically polite country when stuff like THIS happens there?

Class Action Lawsuit Says Canadian Hospitals Forced Sterilization on Indigenous Women

https://jezebel.com/class-action-law...ste-1830525386

Can someone explain to me how Canada gained a reputation for being an almost comically polite country when stuff like THIS happens there?
    To put it bluntly.....Canada has don't some bad **** over the years, especially when it comes to the aboriginal peoples

Canada is a wonderful place to live. Unless you're an aboriginal child or a baby seal. Canucks can't stand either of those things.

We have a new Green Lantern, courtesy of the Young Justice book by Bendis. She's a teenage Latina of Bolivian descent apparently. I wonder if she'll have any staylng power.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I don't like how the three white girls look like raptors leaping on their prey, while the lantern looks like a spasming Urkel. I'm getting Finn-lash just from looking at her. Finn-lash is like whiplash, but instead of feeling surprised, you feel really disappointed and tired.