Page 11 of 826 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

My three man X-men team:

1. Sense Freak: He'll have the ability to increase his own five senses to superhuman levels, allowing him to track others and process information very quickly. He'll also have the ability to increase the senses of others for offensive purposes. I.E. he can make someone's sense of smell so intense that they'll choke on background odors they could never notice before, or increase someone's light sensitivity to the point that they'll become blind. Weakness He has to make physical contact with someone to increase their senses.

2. Perspective. A teenage sociopath whose mutation is a form of weaponized Agnosia. Although seemingly normal and friendly, her point of view is hopelessly disturbing. She sees people as skinless talking lumps of meat with razor sharp teeth, water is red, the sky is black, and horrific bodiless entities wander everywhere, landing on top of people at random and staring at her. Life holds no meaning for her, but thanks to her warped mentality, she enjoys how she sees the world. Her gift lets her share her perspective with anyone she wants, but it usually drives them completely insane. Weakness She has to make eye contact with someone to use her power. It naturally doesn't affect the blind. Making eye contact with herself in a mirror can cause a doubling effect that temporarily paralyzes herself.

3. Friction: The muscle of the group. His ability allows him to generate a field that speeds up motion relative to himself to superhuman levels. It makes people faster. The scary part is that this field also increases air resistance to the point that this super-speed motion will pulverize your body while the friction from your movement causes you to set yourself on fire. Machines fall apart against him, bullets disintegrate into harmless puffs of dust, and anyone moving faster than an absolute crawl will burn themselves to death. Weakness: He's vulnerable to his own power, and he has to concentrate to generate his field, giving his opponents time to stop him if his teammates don't protect him.

Ha! Creating original characters is easy. I did this in fifteen minutes.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Even in the Silver Age the issue with mutants was that seemingly normal peeps were randomly manifesting weird
    near folks just going about thier business.

And that pisses off Marvel citizens more than say the Avengers fighting Hulk in Times Square or whatever.

Because nobody can plan for that mess. You live in the Marvel Universe, you know if you see more than two supers at the same time, you need to run ( unless it's Power Man and Iron Fist).

Mutants just plain piss Marvel peeps off "I'm trying to catch a train and NOW this dude wanna burst into flames? Will somebody please shoot this a-hole?"

I'm reading My Hero Acadamia right now. Here's what I don't get: Why do heroes have to be licensed? Like, if your house is on fire, and a kid can sneeze ice cubes, wouldn't you want that kid to save your home? I ask, because I'm at this point in the story where they just stopped Stain, and the chief is like, "Kids, I appreciate you, but technically, you broke the law and I need to expel you."

2018 basically tripled the number of black action figures in Hasbro's Marvel Legends line lmao.

Last edited by Holt; 08-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.

I don't like this Luke Cage CTE storyline. With respect to how serious the topic is, using Luke Cage as an exploration of the subject requires too big a suspension of disbelief. Here's the deal: Luke's indestructible nature goes beyond his skin. He's got a level of physical strength that is ridiculous (50 ton range according to google.) This has to extend to his internal organs too: If Luke picks up a tractor trailer (as he's been shown to do) his heart would explode trying to pump blood throughout his muscles if it weren't as strong as the rest of him.

Luke has also been dragged to the bottom of the ocean by Namor with no protective equipment and then punched straight out of it. Know what he didn't immediately do? Die instantly from an aneurysm caused by the bends. (Decompression sickness.)

The point I'm trying to make is that Luke is just too sturdy for this to be a believable story. All the super-strong bricks are, but him especially since his specialty specifically is durability. If his brain were so vulnerable, the dude would have died years ago. I can't list all the times he's been smashed to near death, but you guys know what I'm talking about. An ordinary brain in an indestructible cage would still get destroyed with the level of damage Luke has tanked over the years.

For example: Here's the Hulk deciding he doesn't care about Wolverine's well-being anymore and showing him just how easily he can scramble his eggs if he felt like it:

Aside from demonstrating that Wolverine is not top tier, Wolverine is just a dude with knife knuckles that the real big boys tolerate, (kind of like X-pac or Shane McMahon), if Luke's brain were as vulnerable as Wolverine's, he'd have been done years ago.

This story would be much more believable with a character whose body didn't have superhuman endurance or rapid healing. Someone like Daredevil or Hawkeye. Ordinary people who regularly get their asses kicked without the benefit of super genes. Actually, I think Dan Slott already did something like this with Doctor Octopus, didn't he?
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-15-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Bendis already covered Luke having brain trauma in Secret War/The Pulse.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

As a long-time X-Fan I'm looking forward to seeing how the MCU's X-Films fare going head to head with the Avengers franchises.

Should be interesting now that Marvel doesn't have to hold anything back on the X side of things, assuming Fox hasn't already tainted the brand irreparably, not to mention the fact that a lot of mutants have worked with plenty of Avengers teams in the past (Sunspot, Rogue, Beast, Dazzler, Havok, Scarlet Witch, X-23, Deadpool, etc) so it should be an easy transition, continuity wise.

Logan was a strong finish though -- Wolverine alone would probably push record numbers under a Marvel reboot.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/18/1...fantastic-four

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the...l-kevin-feige/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-16-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I don't like this Luke Cage CTE storyline. With respect to how serious the topic is, using Luke Cage as an exploration of the subject requires too big a suspension of disbelief. Here's the deal: Luke's indestructible nature goes beyond his skin. He's got a level of physical strength that is ridiculous (50 ton range according to google.) This has to extend to his internal organs too: If Luke picks up a tractor trailer (as he's been shown to do) his heart would explode trying to pump blood throughout his muscles if it weren't as strong as the rest of him.

Luke has also been dragged to the bottom of the ocean by Namor with no protective equipment and then punched straight out of it. Know what he didn't immediately do? Die instantly from an aneurysm caused by the bends. (Decompression sickness.)

The point I'm trying to make is that Luke is just too sturdy for this to be a believable story. All the super-strong bricks are, but him especially since his specialty specifically is durability. If his brain were so vulnerable, the dude would have died years ago. I can't list all the times he's been smashed to near death, but you guys know what I'm talking about. An ordinary brain in an indestructible cage would still get destroyed with the level of damage Luke has tanked over the years.

For example: Here's the Hulk deciding he doesn't care about Wolverine's well-being anymore and showing him just how easily he can scramble his eggs if he felt like it:

Aside from demonstrating that Wolverine is not top tier, Wolverine is just a dude with knife knuckles that the real big boys tolerate, (kind of like X-pac or Shane McMahon), if Luke's brain were as vulnerable as Wolverine's, he'd have been done years ago.

This story would be much more believable with a character whose body didn't have superhuman endurance or rapid healing. Someone like Daredevil or Hawkeye. Ordinary people who regularly get their asses kicked without the benefit of super genes. Actually, I think Dan Slott already did something like this with Doctor Octopus, didn't he?
    Netflix/MCU giving Luke a healing factor was genius and makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    As a long-time X-Fan from I'm looking forward to seeing how the MCU's X-Films fare going head to head with the Avengers franchises.

Should be interesting now that Marvel doesn't have to hold anything back on the X side of things, assuming Fox hasn't already tainted the brand irreparably... not to mention the fact that a lot of mutants have worked with plenty of Avengers teams in the past (Sunspot, Rogue, Beast, Dazzler, Havok, Polaris, etc) so it should be an easy transition, continuity wise.

Logan was a strong finish though -- Wolverine alone would probably push record numbers under a Marvel reboot.

Wolverines is weird (im a wolv fan BTW)

His weapon is stabbing lol. His healing factor can be gross.

He just doesn't fit PG13 well. But at the same time, the XM: TAS cartoon is what made him popular and he didn't stab a single person ever lol.

The Wolverine pushed PG13 as far as you can go with him IMO and that is still probably too much for the Disney MCU if they keep the same tone.

Can an MCU PG13 Disney Wolverine really break records? Especially after finally getting "real" Wolverine in Logan (and The Wolverine which I did like for the most part)

I actually think it might be smart to hold back the Xmen for awhile and take a break from the FoxVerse. But Disney is going to want to cash in on that investment ASAP. They didn't take a break with Spider-Man at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I actually think it might be smart to hold back the Xmen for awhile and take a break from the FoxVerse. But Disney is going to want to cash in on that investment ASAP. They didn't take a break with Spider-Man at all.
    Agreed -- and I think Marvel does as well based on Feige's interviews.

The Avengers are the money makers right now -- might as well just keep stacking chips with what already works.

That'll give them time to integrate them into the story more naturally regardless -- I figure somewhere down the line we're going to see Carol and Rogue go at it one way or another, and I don't mind waiting for it so long as they get it right.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-16-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Agreed -- and I'm sure Marvel does as well based on Feige's interviews.

The Avengers are the money makers right now -- might as well just keep stacking chips with what already works.

That'll give them more time to integrate them into the story more naturally regardless -- I figure somewhere down the line we're going to see Carol and Rogue go at it one way or another, and I don't mind waiting for it so long as they get it right.
    I wonder if they will take HEAVY liberties with the property like they did with spider-man in an effort to differentiate from FoxVerse.

Is there stuff to mine from the Ultimate line in regards to X-men? I didn't real much ultimate x-men stuff.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wonder if they will take HEAVY liberties with the property like they did with spider-man in an effort to differentiate from FoxVerse.

Is there stuff to mine from the Ultimate line in regards to X-men? I didn't real much ultimate x-men stuff.
    Plenty of story arcs and characterizations to choose from -- it was a popular book in it's prime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_X-Men
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Men_story_arcs
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...s_(Earth-1610)

Personally, I want to see a Magik film done right -- but there's no way Disney is touching that.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-16-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm reading My Hero Acadamia right now. Here's what I don't get: Why do heroes have to be licensed? Like, if your house is on fire, and a kid can sneeze ice cubes, wouldn't you want that kid to save your home? I ask, because I'm at this point in the story where they just stopped Stain, and the chief is like, "Kids, I appreciate you, but technically, you broke the law and I need to expel you."
    It's because licensed heroes are professionally trained, In a world where the majority of people have powers, it's important to discourage people from rampant vigilantism because they don't know what they're doing. In the Stain arc, they emphasized that they're children, and children shouldn't fight a guy who's running around killing people. Iida, Todoroki and Deku beat Stain, but they nearly died in the process.

There's a spinoff called MHA: Vigilantes, which covers this more in detail.

Agreed -- and I think Marvel does as well based on Feige's interviews.

That'll give them time to integrate them into the story more naturally regardless -- I figure somewhere down the line we're going to see Carol and Rogue go at it one way or another, and I don't mind waiting for it so long as they get it right.
    Didn't Marvel already kind of backdoor in Mutants in Ant-Man and Wasp? The whole thing with Janet "evolving" in the quantum universe seemed like they were shouting, "Hey guys, we're totally not signaling something Mutant related in the works *WIIIIIIIIIIIIINK*."
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Didn't Marvel already kind of backdoor in Mutants in Ant-Man and Wasp? The whole thing with Janet "evolving" in the quantum universe seemed like they were shouting, "Hey guys, we're totally not signaling something Mutant related in the works *WIIIIIIIIIIIIINK*."

Marvel isn't leaving that money on the table -- at the very least we'll see a showdown between Logan and Steve prior to Wolverine becoming an Avenger.

Marvel isn't leaving that money on the table -- at the very least we'll see a showdown between Logan and Steve prior to Wolverine becoming an Avenger.
    awfully confident Cap aint gonna be murked next movie.