Page 111 of 828 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I didn’t phrase my sentence properly before.

I was referring to Latina and black actresses. I read it somewhere that the highest paid actress on TV was Sofia Vergara.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mee...-to-1830640955
    She is and that is boosted by all the endorsements she does.

She makes double of Penny from Big Bang Theory.

But it’s not entirely surprising, a LOT of Latinos (it still breaks my heart what happened in the Florida gubernatorial election) have issues with black people (it’s something that dark skinned Afro-Latinos have screamed about for ages now) and its something that I struggle to wrap my mind around.
    I think some view blacks as complainers because they do not SEE or have not DEALT with the crap blacks have had.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The most important thing to remember is that none of this blowback is going to negatively impact Gina Rodriguez's career in the slightest, because all she did was talk **** about black women. We're smack dab in the good part of the NFL season, with Christmas just around the corner. I've already moved past it. Yep. The honor of black women has become that disposable. Don't get me wrong, if society wrongs me in anyway, I fully expect all black women everywhere to immediately have my back, but, y'know, expecting me to care about THEIR problems is like REALLY unreasonable, y'know? I got man **** going on. Hell, I bet could skip like 90% of this drama if I just got a white girlfriend.

Edit**

Poe's law, Poe's law!
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 11-27-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

EDIT Words
    Last edited by jetengine; 11-28-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Synopsis for the Carmen Sandiego Netflix series

Carmen is a modern day Robin Hood traveling the globe and stealing from V.I.L.E. and giving back to its victims. Carmen is publicly perceived as a criminal by most law enforcement agencies – correction, make that a master criminal due to the sheer scale and theatricality of her heists. We will follow her escapades and get to determine not only where but WHO in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
    https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/138730

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The most important thing to remember is that none of this blowback is going to negatively impact Gina Rodriguez's career in the slightest, because all she did was talk **** about black women. We're smack dab in the good part of the NFL season, with Christmas just around the corner. I've already moved past it. Yep. The honor of black women has become that disposable. Don't get me wrong, if society wrongs me in anyway, I fully expect all black women everywhere to immediately have my back, but, y'know, expecting me to care about THEIR problems is like REALLY unreasonable, y'know? I got man **** going on. Hell, I bet could skip like 90% of this drama if I just got a white girlfriend.

Edit**

Poe's law, Poe's law!
    This post is insane, but contains actual truth bomb content.

I honestly did not know black women bashing has become such an "it" thing to do.

One would think Gina should be putting her energies to level up to the pay grade of Scarlett Johansson.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    none of this blowback is going to negatively impact Gina Rodriguez's career in the slightest,
    Effin' 'Gina', 'Rodriguez' now. I literlly thought her Christian name was Jane the Virgin, mabye if Ugly Betty came off the cuff this would be something but c'mon with that noise. One of these CW'ers seem to pop off annually as if any of them was Cicely Tyson or some ****. Right now she sound like the Hispanic chick from Lean on Me that kept intterupting Joe Clark until he signed her slip for the auto mechanic class.

Louisa: Mr. Clark, we got a problem. How come you leave us out?
    Everything's for the black kids. The gospel chorus, football, basketball is for the blacks. I'm short. I can't play basketball. The point is, you're ignoring us. We're getting really ticked off.

Mr. Clark: With a mouth like yours, you ought to study law.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This post is insane, but contains actual truth bomb content.

I honestly did not know black women bashing has become such an "it" thing to do.

One would think Gina should be putting her energies to level up to the pay grade of Scarlett Johansson.
    I actually mentioned it in earlier post that black women (everywhere) are "hate targets".

I don't know why though but people just have the impression that all black women are trouble makers or complainers.

Extraordinary Member

I actually mentioned it in earlier post that black women (everywhere) are "hate targets".

I don't know why though but people just have the impression that all black women are trouble makers or complainers.
    Last year, the CDC put out a report that black women suffered the highest rate of dying by homicide among other groups of women in America.

I know plenty on youtube, and other social media outlets love to blame it on the overly exaggerated myth that black women love them some Pookie & Ray-Ray, but that's no excuse. The animosity towards black women is over the top.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/...cid=mm6628a1_w

I don't know about all that. Black women in American can swing a pendulum best believe. They are targets because of their strength. If they were a lobby they'd be right up there with a Super PAC or Big Auto. They also hold it the f down on a couple of the major socials. I stay out of the red whenever possible... unless I'm right, then it's case case by case.

Speaking of, I just saw Black KKKlansman over the holiday (damn fine instrument that fire-stick btw). Laura Harrier aka misdirect Mary Jane from Spider-Man Homecoming is absolutely gorgeous. She was pretty much the co-star of the film if you count Denzel's boy and Driver as the one character. She was good.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Effin' 'Gina', 'Rodriguez' now. I literlly thought her Christian name was Jane the Virgin, mabye if Ugly Betty came off the cuff this would be something but c'mon with that noise. One of these CW'ers seem to pop off annually as if any of them was Cicely Tyson or some ****. Right now she sound like the Hispanic chick from Lean on Me that kept intterupting Joe Clark until he signed her slip for the auto mechanic class.

She's not fooling a soul.

Scarlett Johannson, Jennifer Lawerence and Melissa McCarthy are in flick after flick but Viola Davis gets in A movie (singular) that has some promotion behind it and NOW she has something to say?

Why wasn't she complaining about Melissa McCarthy getting paid millions to fail?

This reminds me of something I found in the bathroom at work years ago, minor spoiler like all things I find in there it wasn't good. So I go into the stall and see there's a sticker stuck to the door saying for Latinos to rise up against the African Americans in the country because their time was over. Paraphrased that a bit but that was the gist of it. After reading it I did the responsible thing and scraped the sticker off the door with my box cutter. Life in America is hard enough for all minorities so I don't see the point in turning against each other.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Thank you McDuffie for NOT selling Static to Dc.

That company HATES Titans franchise. Even guys NOT seen in 30+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thank you McDuffie for NOT selling Static to Dc.

That company HATES Titans franchise. Even guys NOT seen in 30+ years.
    I don't think they hate the titans, they don't know what to do with them. They can't put them in the justice league, they can't be teens forever, their own book flounders all the time.
    They're big enough to have impact on a story, but not important enough to keep alive.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She's not fooling a soul.

Scarlett Johannson, Jennifer Lawerence and Melissa McCarthy are in flick after flick but Viola Davis gets in A movie (singular) that has some promotion behind it and NOW she has something to say?

Why wasn't she complaining about Melissa McCarthy getting paid millions to fail?
    Vic goes deep with the surprise Galick Gun. I think at a certain point in her life, Miss Rodriguez realized that the CW wasn't going to be a stepping stone to bigger and better things, and that dawning realization has given her a rabid tooth. Sucks to her though, because Viola Davis is the Samuel L. Jackson of starring in cancelled television shows. She has worked her ass off to get where she is, she even did the Fantasia Barrino movie! She did three Jesse Stone movies! That's fuckin' Hallmark channel-level television mysteries! That's why I love Viola Davis, this chick hustled for her paychecks, and put in the work! It's taken her over 20 years to become suddenly famous. All her haters can go suck an egg.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I don't know about all that. Black women in American can swing a pendulum best believe. They are targets because of their strength. If they were a lobby they'd be right up there with a Super PAC or Big Auto. They also hold it the f down on a couple of the major socials. I stay out of the red whenever possible... unless I'm right, then it's case case by case.

Speaking of, I just saw Black KKKlansman over the holiday (damn fine instrument that fire-stick btw). Laura Harrier aka misdirect Mary Jane from Spider-Man Homecoming is absolutely gorgeous. She was pretty much the co-star of the film if you count Denzel's boy and Driver as the one character. She was good.
    Good point. Black women have a pretty distinct “sense of self”.

I liked Blackkkansman. It’s probably Spike Lee’s best work in years.