Page 112 of 824 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 12354

So the recent episode of Black Lightning had a scene of Grace and Anissa watching an episode of Girlfriends. I don't know if that's funny or insulting because of how the CW treated that show.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So the recent episode of Black Lightning had a scene of Grace and Anissa watching an episode of Girlfriends. I don't know if that's funny or insulting because of how the CW treated that show.
    Now i wish they were watching Living Single coz the would have seen Cress Williams as Scooter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't think they hate the titans, they don't know what to do with them. They can't put them in the justice league, they can't be teens forever, their own book flounders all the time.
    They're big enough to have impact on a story, but not important enough to keep alive.
    DC pretty much put the franchise on this path when they decided that the Justice League was going to be the top team franchise (the Titans were the top franchise in 80's to the very early 90's). They then decided that Barry Allens and Hal Jordans
    who make up the League were more important than the Wally Wests and Kyle Rayners that make up the Titans.

DC can't even make the Titans the cool kids or the rebels because THAT would mean the Leagueis either Team Establishment or Team Dads and Establishment Dads aren't cool.

So Titans are kept just important enough to have a book so they can get money from the fans but not important enough to do anything other than job out to make the League look good.

If the Titans Franchise were an attitude era Wrestler they'd be Dee-Lo Brown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She's not fooling a soul.

Scarlett Johannson, Jennifer Lawerence and Melissa McCarthy are in flick after flick but Viola Davis gets in A movie (singular) that has some promotion behind it and NOW she has something to say?

Why wasn't she complaining about Melissa McCarthy getting paid millions to fail?
    She is a crumb snatcher with very low aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Vic goes deep with the surprise Galick Gun. I think at a certain point in her life, Miss Rodriguez realized that the CW wasn't going to be a stepping stone to bigger and better things, and that dawning realization has given her a rabid tooth. Sucks to her though, because Viola Davis is the Samuel L. Jackson of starring in cancelled television shows. She has worked her ass off to get where she is, she even did the Fantasia Barrino movie! She did three Jesse Stone movies! That's fuckin' Hallmark channel-level television mysteries! That's why I love Viola Davis, this chick hustled for her paychecks, and put in the work! It's taken her over 20 years to become suddenly famous. All her haters can go suck an egg.
    Hell, Billy Bob Thornton & George Clooney did not come up overnight.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-29-2018 at 08:16 AM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think it would be a lie to say most races/ethnic groups look down upon people of African descent. They darker they are, the harder they look down on them.

Hell, you even got lighter skinned blacks who look down on darker skin peeps.

I don't know the historical reason for it but it is rather sad. Too often blacks are used as a stepping stone to be more accepted by the dominant ethnic group and then they turn arond and forget blacks helped get them accepted.
    A combination of class society, dominant narratives promoting the ideal of whiteness, and the legacy of colonialism might be some of the reasons why.

I know that in some countries, having darker skin was associated with doing manual labor whereas the aristocrats could sit inside and rarely risk getting a tan. So combine that with modern racial narratives and you get some of the antiBlack racism you see today.

DC pretty much put the franchise on this path when they decided that the Justice League was going to be the top team franchise (the Titans were the top franchise in 80's to the very early 90's). They then decided that Barry Allens and Hal Jordans
    who make up the League were more important than the Wally Wests and Kyle Rayners that make up the Titans.

DC can't even make the Titans the cool kids or the rebels because THAT would mean the Leagueis either Team Establishment or Team Dads and Establishment Dads aren't cool.

So Titans are kept just important enough to have a book so they can get money from the fans but not important enough to do anything other than job out to make the League look good.

If the Titans Franchise were an attitude era Wrestler they'd be Dee-Lo Brown.
    Wait, was Kyle a Titans member?

Wait, was Kyle a Titans member?
    Yeah, just after Zero Hour.

I always find it dumb that there isn't a light wielder on the Titans or Teen Titans. Probably not a Green Lantern since they are space cops, but maybe a Blue, Star Saphire, or Red. I also think Hawk Girl should have been a Titan.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 11-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Yeah, just after Zero Hour.

I always find it dumb that there isn't a light wielder on the Titans or Teen Titans. Probably not a Green Lantern since they are space cops, but maybe a Blue, Star Saphire, or Red. I also think Hawk Girl should have been a Titan.
    Given how much time Lantern characters spend in space, I can see why they didn't serve on the Titans who are mostly an Earth team.

Thinking about it, Jessica and Simon could have been with any of the other emotion corps rather than being more Green Lanterns.

Given how much time Lantern characters spend in space, I can see why they didn't serve on the Titans who are mostly an Earth team.

Thinking about it, Jessica and Simon could have been with any of the other emotion corps rather than being more Green Lanterns.
    I wouldn't mind if all the Earth "Lanterns" had a different ring. If you count Carol as Star Sapphire they have enough to slot one in each corps.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wouldn't mind if all the Earth "Lanterns" had a different ring. If you count Carol as Star Sapphire they have enough to slot one in each corps.
    Guy was a Red Lantern for a while, so was Supergirl. Kyle was a white lantern during Omega Men, I see him as a blue lantern though, I could see John as an Indigo lantern. It's too easy to make Hal a Sinestro corp member, but Larfleeze hates sharing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Guy was a Red Lantern for a while, so was Supergirl. Kyle was a white lantern during Omega Men, I see him as a blue lantern though, I could see John as an Indigo lantern. It's too easy to make Hal a Sinestro corp member, but Larfleeze hates sharing.
    I think Guy has had more different rings than anyone.

Guy's had his standard Green, A Yellow ring (he fought Hal in a loser gives up ring fight and lost...he got a yellow ring so he could continue being a hero) and then he was a Red Lantern years later.

Guy's had his standard Green, A Yellow ring (he fought Hal in a loser gives up ring fight and lost...he got a yellow ring so he could continue being a hero) and then he was a Red Lantern years later.
    And then there was that time he was a shape shifting alien.

Oh yeah, he did have a yellow ring for a while, that was before he got those dumb shape-shifter powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think it would be a lie to say most races/ethnic groups look down upon people of African descent. They darker they are, the harder they look down on them.

Hell, you even got lighter skinned blacks who look down on darker skin peeps.

I don't know the historical reason for it but it is rather sad. Too often blacks are used as a stepping stone to be more accepted by the dominant ethnic group and then they turn arond and forget blacks helped get them accepted.
    Seriously?

Just to be clear, you are saying you do not know the historical reason for what exactly?

https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-...ino-superhero/

A Blue Beetle movie is in development! And i couldn't be happier!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!