Page 114 of 828 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 12414
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    These Uber drivers are freaking reckless

So, I was taking an Uber about two weeks ago and the driver, who was Hispanic, picked up the other passenger, AJ, who was black. The ride was the typical Uber car ride: silence except for the radio playing. We get to AJ's house and the driver guy tells him good night. AJ either says "good night", "you too", or something to that effect. I know this because I'm sitting in the seat directly behind him, so I can hear him quite clearly. He leaves the car and not one second after the door closes the driver is like, "That's why I don't like picking up black people. They never say thank you or talk."

A lot of people, including him, assume that I'm a mestizo latino, and so feel emboldened to say disparaging things about black people in my presence. This guy was the second Uber driver (the first was Hispanic, as well) in the span of a month to say something similar around me. So, after he said that, I told him, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Well, I'm half-black and I was talking to you earlier. Also, he did say thank you. You just didn't hear him." Of course he did a 180, saying "Oh, I didn't mean black people like that, I just meant, you know...you know." I finished it with saying that it's best not to generalize because I've been in many an Uber where white people have vacated the vehicle without uttering a single word, greetings and gratitudes alike. He agreed but I could tell that he felt like a colossal asshole for getting caught.

I just hate it when minorities/POCs say negative shit about each other. Especially in South Florida where, in my experience, hispanic folks seem to find plenty of anti-black things to say. Not all hispanic people, of course, but still.
    From personal experience, I find that minorities talk more shit about other minorities than actual white people.

Which really is all kind of messed up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-...ino-superhero/

A Blue Beetle movie is in development! And i couldn't be happier!!
    Fantastic news, Jaime Reyes is one of the best new characters to come out of DC in a long, long time.

It’s a shame that DC didn’t put more behind the character. But I expect all that to change with the movie coming.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    DD just got cancelled.

Does that mean all the "luke cage season 2 had weak ratings and that si why i got cancelled" stuff will be redacted or?

RIP Netflix MCU. interesting experiment, some great shows. I wonder what would have happened with Fiege and Ike didn't feud. Wonder if it would be more connected to everything.
    And with that Marvel Netflix is over.

That being said, it does sound like Marvel still have plans for Matt and co. Not surprising considering DD was head and shoulders above the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I've heard that both Jessica Jones and Punisher already had their next seasons filmed.
    They are.

DD being cancelled 100% guarantees they are done afterwards though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And with that Marvel Netflix is over.

That being said, it does sound like Marvel still have plans for Matt and co. Not surprising considering DD was head and shoulders above the rest.
    Daredevil is simply a cool character, it isn't surprising.

Nor is he that hard to do and make interesting.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Attachment 74416

"Is this the end" by New Edition plays in the background
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Fantastic news, Jaime Reyes is one of the best new characters to come out of DC in a long, long time.

It’s a shame that DC didn’t put more behind the character. But I expect all that to change with the movie coming.
    To be fair DC has pushed Jamie Reyes hard the last decade. He's appeared in numerous cartoon shows (Brave and the Bold , Justice League Action etc) , TV shows like Smallville and has appeared in some video games and events etc. Plus has had 2 series run since 2011. The latest series just ended in Feb of 2018. So its not like they haven't pushed the character the last decade. The movie may do what is needed to help give that character a lure to more people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Attachment 74416

"Is this the end" by New Edition plays in the background
    Haha cool pic.

Something I've been considering for a while. What if instead of being a Scarab host, Jaime was depicted as being a human superhero just like Ted. We don't have a lot of human heroes of color in the DC universe, let alone ones as smart as Ted or Bruce.

From personal experience, I find that minorities talk more shit about other minorities than actual white people.

Which really is all kind of messed up.
    Why is that messed up?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Why is that messed up?
    Because no one should talk shit about anybody based on race.

Neil deGrasse Tyson's response to the accusations of sexual misconduct.

https://web.facebook.com/notes/neil-...3/?_rdc=1&_rdr

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I find it really hard to believe that NDT is a serial predator. This feels very much like what happened to Aziz Ansari, minus any actual sexual contact.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I find it really hard to believe that NDT is a serial predator. This feels very much like what happened to Aziz Ansari, minus any actual sexual contact.
    I have thoughts on this and some of them are hot takes.

In my opinion, the allegations of “improper approaches” after voluntarily having a meal with the person without any kind of physical contact beyond a handshake is kind of bullshit. At certain point, we must learn to take responsibility of our own decisions and not put our weakness as other people and use them as props. It’s a message that we should try as much as possible to pass to our own kids because modern culture is moving dangerously towards a society where it’s simply more convenient to blame other people for our personal failings and weaknesses. I’m not suggesting that young women aren’t emotionally manipulated but at the same time, one simply shouldn’t put to much personal stock into men making polite advances at them.

Now the groping one is certainly open for debate and the “drugged and raped” allegation certainly requires more investigation. Although, NDT has stated that he did keep some records of his interaction with this woman so let’s see what comes out of that.

There is a big difference between having no game and being a predator