Page 12 of 824 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

I'm pretty sure if anyone's dying it's gonna be Iron Man. Could be both though. They've had to drag his azz out of retirement twice now.

Congrats to Kenya Barris for getting that money.

It's official now! Kenya Barris has officially made the leap to Netflix.

The streaming giant confirmed to the news to Shadow and Act.

Trade publications report that the deal is worth eight figures and will span three years.

“With an innate sense for what is funny, truthful and timely, Barris will continue to create stories that reflect culture through an urban, youth and female-focused lens," says the company.

He begins producing new series at Netflix immediately.

“Kenya Barris is one of our great modern storytellers. Kenya uses his voice to make audiences more aware of the world around them, while simultaneously making them laugh. His honesty, comedic brilliance and singular point of view, combined with the creative freedom he will enjoy at Netflix, promises to create powerful new stories for all our members around the world," said Cindy Holland, Vice President, Original Content at Netflix.

“When my agents reached out to me about this little garage start-up called Netflix, I wasn’t sure what to think,” said Barris. “But after I talked to Ted and Cindy, I started to believe that maybe this mom-and-pop shop with only 130 million subscribers might just be something... so I decided to take a swing... a leap of faith if you will, and take a chance with the new kids on the block.”

As previously reported, this comes after Barris' exit from an overall deal with ABC Studios, where he was said to be frustrated after many high-profile pilot passes and a disagreement over airing an NFL kneeling-themed episode of black-ish.

Variety says the disagreement was over episodes referencing the 45th POTUS." According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Disney-owned ABC’s concerns were related to comments that characters made in the episode about President Donald Trump, not to the football storyline," their report states.

Barris' new deal will not impact black-ish, grown-ish or his upcoming Freeform series, Besties. They will remain on their networks for their series runs and Barris will remain an EP on them.
    Pulling down eight figures.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    awfully confident Cap aint gonna be murked next movie.
    Like people stay dead in the Marvel Universe -- especially A-listers like Cap.

That said -- Marvel could surprise me and start bringing in the next generation right alongside Peter so who knows. It's also a good way to give the actors a break from their roles and let others take the spotlight for a while, just like in their books.

Honestly, just like in the comics, I like not knowing how it's going to play out.

I'd think the bigger issue by that time might be superhero movie fatigue but we'll see.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Marvel isn't leaving that money on the table -- at the very least we'll see a showdown between Logan and Steve prior to Wolverine becoming an Avenger.
    The big money is gonna be Avengers vs X-Men down the line. Its just gonna be having to go back and getting folks signed back up. I so hope Jackman changes his mind on things. People have tried to talk him into that one a long while. Plus the money made of having the 2 big teams face off would be a cash bonanza.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'd think the bigger issue by that time might be superhero movie fatigue but we'll see.
    If you keep your product DIVERSE-folks won't get tired of 1-2 super hero movies a year from Marvel.

You don't have to go $200 million on all of them but you can be decent with your spending on a new film.

Moon Girl SCREAMS "Here is my MONEY!" to not sniff a theater. We won't discuss Riri or Shuri or the first LGBT super hero lead film.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm reading My Hero Acadamia right now. Here's what I don't get: Why do heroes have to be licensed? Like, if your house is on fire, and a kid can sneeze ice cubes, wouldn't you want that kid to save your home? I ask, because I'm at this point in the story where they just stopped Stain, and the chief is like, "Kids, I appreciate you, but technically, you broke the law and I need to expel you."
    Because not everyone is going to use that power responsibly. Look at the mess America is in because of gun control laws or should I say lack of gun control laws. Look at the issues with lack of accountability for cops, soldiers and other authority figures. As much as we may hate them at times. We need laws.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you keep your product DIVERSE-folks won't get tired of 1-2 super hero movies a year from Marvel.

You don't have to go $200 million on all of them but you can be decent with your spending on a new film.

Moon Girl SCREAMS "Here is my MONEY!" to not sniff a theater. We won't discuss Riri or Shuri or the first LGBT super hero lead film.

Moon Girl works to me better as an animated film in the Big Hero 6 variety. Give it around a $100-120+ million dollar budget as an animated film where you can animate the T-Rex and have fun with the concept and it will work. (Big Hero 6 had a $165+ million dollar budget , this to me would be a bit cheaper but your kinda...hedging bets you can lure a young female audience to it) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think it's more likely we will see the Fox characters slowly start to filter out through other people's movies before they officially go with new X-Men and FF flicks. Maybe Doom can be the bad guy in Black Panther 2 or have Magneto show up in an Avengers sequel where they reveal Scarlet Witch is a mutant and his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think it's more likely we will see the Fox characters slowly start to filter out through other people's movies before they officially go with new X-Men and FF flicks. Maybe Doom can be the bad guy in Black Panther 2 or have Magneto show up in an Avengers sequel where they reveal Scarlet Witch is a mutant and his daughter.
    That would work with Magneto and her learning her real history. I'd also have Magneto reveal that her real brother Quicksilver is actually alive and the one she thought was him...well that was a genetic clone. (Hey it works and gets us the X-Men , Quicksilver which everyone liked more lol)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moon Girl works to me better as an animated film in the Big Hero 6 variety. Give it around a $100-120+ million dollar budget as an animated film where you can animate the T-Rex and have fun with the concept and it will work. (Big Hero 6 had a $165+ million dollar budget , this to me would be a bit cheaper but your kinda...hedging bets you can lure a young female audience to it) .
    Yeah I would go animated too. Toys ALONE warrant an animated version.

Ultimate Member

I'm pretty sure if anyone's dying it's gonna be Iron Man. Could be both though. They've had to drag his azz out of retirement twice now.

Congrats to Kenya Barris for getting that money.

Pulling down eight figures.
    So everybody else gets to insult, bad mouth and whatever our president (and even his predecessors especially 44) an not get censored. Yet Blackish does.

Lets see Black folks give Channing Dungey an EARFUL. Especially when that season dvd set comes out with said episode on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That would work with Magneto and her learning her real history. I'd also have Magneto reveal that her real brother Quicksilver is actually alive and the one she thought was him...well that was a genetic clone. (Hey it works and gets us the X-Men , Quicksilver which everyone liked more lol)
    Heh. Yeah I could see that. With the Fox stuff settled down I could see Marvel wanting Quicksilver back.

I think a lot of comic fans are going to be disappointed initially with what happens with the mutants.

I think dreams of "magneto is their father" and such are just... dreams.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Having those villains back adds a whole new level of depth to the MCU... and you still have all of the Secret Wars arcs to build on -- Marvel is set up for at least a good decade or two and if they keep putting out quality content, these movies could become the new normal, just like the comics.

I was wondering if Claremont was getting a cut from all of his work since we never see him cameo like Stan -- I don't know how real these net worth sites are but even if he's got $10 million in net worth I bet he still wishes he had a (larger) percentage of the cut from the films instead.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ont-net-worth/

Then again -- maybe it's better just to be a guy who can be satisfied with getting paid not to write comics and having $10 mil in the bank.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-17-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've always wondered how civilians in the Marvel universe instantly know that someone who looks otherwise human is a mutant when all they do is use their powers. I mean there are plenty of heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe who have powers that they got in some other way then being a mutant (Spider-man, Captain America, Fantastic Four). But when a new X-Man uses his powers publicly, the people somehow instant know Mutant! How does that work?
    Yeah it's silly. Just like how the public accepts a big orange rock monster as a hero but would chase a teenage girl that can phase through walls with torches and pitchforks. Pretty much just one of those "don't think about it too much" things in comics, like Clark Kent putting on glasses and no one knows he's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think a lot of comic fans are going to be disappointed initially with what happens with the mutants.

I think dreams of "magneto is their father" and such are just... dreams.
    I tend to agree. He's back to not being their father in the comics, anyway. Unless that has changed again...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

WB is allegedly looking for a mixed race actress to play Black Canary

https://heroichollywood.com/birds-of...nary-biracial/

Wakanda Is Crucial in Avengers 4, According to the Russo Brothers

https://www.themarysue.com/wakanda-a...usso-brothers/