Page 128 of 828 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 12411
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    As a kid, I caught serious feels when Roy died.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Completely agree, I don't even remember seeing commercials for it until a few weeks before it came out. Meanwhile Hotel Transylvania 3 got commercials for it non-stop months before it came out and still got a ton after it was out. Despite that it did manage to break the record for highest December opening for an animated movie.
    Don't forget the toys and some of the books for SPiderverse came out back in October. We saw the same thing with Blade toys-they came out when the movie was suppose to come out but Blade was pushed back-so you had the toys in stores for about 4 months before the film.

It is interesting you can't get the soundtrack to the movie unless you go to Target. No one else has it. I think some of these antics are done on PURPOSE. Some places get the stuff and others don't. Donald Glover's last cd along with Mack Wilds & Marques Houston had this done to them. Came out in November and we in Texas didn't see the cds until April.

Really? The first? Maybe the first in theaters, but I can think of at least one interracial couple from a direct to video animated feature: Green Lantern and Hawkgirl in Justice League: Starcrossed.
    It depends on where you live and what gets shown.

Robotech did it with Roy & Claudia and that episode that gave their background got BANNED in some networks-including stations in Utah.

However they did it again with Bowie & Musica in Southern Cross. Now Bowie is an interesting case-it was never made clear if he was adopted or the biological son of Emerson in the original version.
    And they had a cross dresser in New Generation.

Robotech: The Movie was shown in theaters in Texas-so we got it on the big screen once.

Star Wars Droids (unedited version) implied one with a black woman and one of the Driod's masters.

I want to say we have seen an IR couple in an animated movie before-I want to say a film from overseas maybe from France. One of those movies that you MIGHT seen LATE night at 1 in the morning that never get shown on Nickelodeon.

Short piece on the upcoming Jordan Peele film Us...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-movie-images/

the movie soundtrack was on Amazon Music, listened to it while I lifted last night
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

First look at Cyborg in that Doom Patrol show

He looks a lot better in motion than he does on the poster. I will say that it feels weird that he's the shortest when compared to the other two male characters, though I can understand for Robotman.

I still think it's kinda strange to put Cyborg on Doom Patrol instead of Titans (though he could end up there for all I know). They could've used actual Doom Patrol member Tempest if they felt there "had" to be a black person around. Not a big deal, though.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    On Batman Beyond, Barbara Gordon was married to a black man.
    Were they married when she was still in her prime?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    First look at Cyborg in that Doom Patrol show

He looks a lot better in motion than he does on the poster. I will say that it feels weird that he's the shortest when compared to the other two male characters, though I can understand for Robotman.
    Was that Rassilon....I mean Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder?

Entertainment Weekly had a whole article on Kaldur for Young Justice Season 3.

After some time away, Young Justice is coming back — and it’s bringing even more DC characters along for the ride. The long-awaited season 3 will bring in several heroes from the ’80s comic Batman and the Outsiders, including Katana and Geo-Force (hence the season’s subtitle: Young Justice: Outsiders). But amid these newcomers, the show retains a special focus on its core characters, some of whom are going through big changes. Kaldur’ahm (Khary Payton), an original character created for the show, started out as Aqualad, but come season 3 he’ll take on the mantle of Aquaman himself.

“We established back in season 1 that King Orin was training Kaldur to take his place as Aquaman,” producer Greg Wiesman says. “Aquaman was also King of Atlantis, which to most people would be a full-time job, and yet he also had to be in the Justice League as Aquaman, which was a lot on his plate. His game plan was to train Kaldur’ahm to be the new Aquaman so he could go back to being King of Atlantis, which was plenty. What you’ll see in this season is that after everything that’s happened in season 1 and season 2, and the leadership qualities that Kaldur has shown, Orin looks at Kaldur and says, ‘You’re ready.’ It’s a pretty momentous year for him.”
    I was wondering what they were gonna do with his identity, since homeboy was getting kinda old to still be calling himself Aqualad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Was that Rassilon....I mean Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder?
    Silly me, Wade also was on Doctor Who!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Were they married when she was still in her prime?
    On the show they were both middle-aged. I don't think they mentioned how long they were supposed to have been together.

So this dude my mother is seeing beats on my godmother in public, breaks into our house and steals several things but the police can't do a damn thing about any of it. Cop that came to our house, who seemed very disinterested with the situation, tried to spin it like it was all our fault and said maybe we could sue for the stolen items. My disdain for the police grows a little more every day.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So this dude my mother is seeing beats on my godmother in public, breaks into our house and steals several things but the police can't do a damn thing about any of it. Cop that came to our house, who seemed very disinterested with the situation, tried to spin it like it was all our fault and said maybe we could sue for the stolen items. My disdain for the police grows a little more every day.
    I'm so sorry. Will your godmother be alright?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Just saw "Into the Spider-verse." Too good, too good! I loved everything about this movie except one thing: spoilers:
    How was Prowler's costume NOT bulletproof? With all the crazy tech he apparently had access too, the one thing he forgot to do was make sure he couldn't be killed by bullets?

I also had hard feelings about the respect being shown to Aaron at the conclusion of the film. I mean, no offense, but the dude was a hitman. He had absolutely ZERO problems with killing a child, he only did the right thing when he discovered that the child in question was his nephew. If it HADN'T been Miles, he'd have slit the boy's throat with no problem. I'm not sure a guy like that deserves a "Rest in Power."
    end of spoilers

Whoever voiced Miles was so good. No offense to Donald Glover's version from the cartoon series, but this is the voice I hear in my head when I read a Miles Morales comic, now.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Call the police again. And again. And again. Document each time you do this. MAKE THEM DO THEIR JOBS.

Speaking of documentation, take notes. Write everything down in a sequence of events. Police work is a bureaucracy: paperwork is EVERYTHING, the more simplified in description, the better. Go in this order:

1. Tell the police why you believe the man your mother is dating is the one who did this. Provide witnesses, and the date and time for the assault on your Godmother. Did she have any pictures taken of herself? Did she go to a hospital or a med-check? If so, that means there's medical documentation of this assault that can't be ignored. She can and SHOULD press charges.

2. Are there witnesses to the break-in? Do you have evidence that he's the one who stole your items? The cops can't just go into his home and compel him to let them look. There has to be reasonable suspicion that he's the one who did it, and for that you need either witnesses, or unshakable evidence like him wearing a stolen item. Do you have receipts or proof of ownership for what he took? If so, you can check the local pawn shop he probably sold them to, and if you can prove ownership the police will have no choice but to arrest him for theft. People who fence merchandise are not slick, they're usually in desperate need of cash, so it'll be the closest place to his home, and he will definitately have taken ZERO steps to cover his tracks.

3. GET RENTER'S INSURANCE. It's cheap. If the whole family pitched in $10-20 dollars a month each, you could cover it easily. They'll document your items for you, collect serial numbers, and flag them automatically if they're stolen. If you have RI, if this guy ever comes back for more of your property, he'll basically be slitting his own throat when he tries to pawn it. The best part is that it's irrefutable evidence, so Detective Dickhead will have no choice but to follow through on it.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."