Page 129 of 827 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 12396

#BankingWhileBlack: Bank Calls Cops on Man Because His Paycheck Was Too High

https://www.theroot.com/bankingwhile...his-1831181874

And by too high, I mean a little more than $1000.

Astonishing Member

Zeon- sorry, that sucks. I’ve had to deal with that crap before and it’s wretched. Follow Handsome’s advice. Write down everything, especially dates and timeseven if it’s just in a notebook. Taking pictures for insurance and for another record. Also, besides pawn shops, you can check Craigslist or any local online classifieds in your area.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So this dude my mother is seeing beats on my godmother in public, breaks into our house and steals several things but the police can't do a damn thing about any of it. Cop that came to our house, who seemed very disinterested with the situation, tried to spin it like it was all our fault and said maybe we could sue for the stolen items. My disdain for the police grows a little more every day.
    DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything. Especially if your police department is acting like they are NOT interested.

Do a background check on him to see if he has nay criminal records.

https://www.vinelink.com/ (Victims Right to Know-free) or publicdata.com (you do have to pay)

I say these sites because they keep a record. Vinelink will even tell you what jail they were in.

And for those wondering YES I have had to use both websites for school purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm so sorry. Will your godmother be alright?
    Yeah she assured me and her son that she is doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Call the police again. And again. And again. Document each time you do this. MAKE THEM DO THEIR JOBS.

Speaking of documentation, take notes. Write everything down in a sequence of events. Police work is a bureaucracy: paperwork is EVERYTHING, the more simplified in description, the better. Go in this order:

1. Tell the police why you believe the man your mother is dating is the one who did this. Provide witnesses, and the date and time for the assault on your Godmother. Did she have any pictures taken of herself? Did she go to a hospital or a med-check? If so, that means there's medical documentation of this assault that can't be ignored. She can and SHOULD press charges.

2. Are there witnesses to the break-in? Do you have evidence that he's the one who stole your items? The cops can't just go into his home and compel him to let them look. There has to be reasonable suspicion that he's the one who did it, and for that you need either witnesses, or unshakable evidence like him wearing a stolen item. Do you have receipts or proof of ownership for what he took? If so, you can check the local pawn shop he probably sold them to, and if you can prove ownership the police will have no choice but to arrest him for theft. People who fence merchandise are not slick, they're usually in desperate need of cash, so it'll be the closest place to his home, and he will definitately have taken ZERO steps to cover his tracks.

3. GET RENTER'S INSURANCE. It's cheap. If the whole family pitched in $10-20 dollars a month each, you could cover it easily. They'll document your items for you, collect serial numbers, and flag them automatically if they're stolen. If you have RI, if this guy ever comes back for more of your property, he'll basically be slitting his own throat when he tries to pawn it. The best part is that it's irrefutable evidence, so Detective Dickhead will have no choice but to follow through on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Zeon- sorry, that sucks. I’ve had to deal with that crap before and it’s wretched. Follow Handsome’s advice. Write down everything, especially dates and timeseven if it’s just in a notebook. Taking pictures for insurance and for another record. Also, besides pawn shops, you can check Craigslist or any local online classifieds in your area.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything. Especially if your police department is acting like they are NOT interested.

Do a background check on him to see if he has nay criminal records.

https://www.vinelink.com/ (Victims Right to Know-free) or publicdata.com (you do have to pay)

I say these sites because they keep a record. Vinelink will even tell you what jail they were in.

And for those wondering YES I have had to use both websites for school purposes.
    Thanks everyone. Seemingly due to the threat of arrest everything has been returned with the exception of my mother's phone. I can only assume he kept that because they, along with my little sister, were some sort of family plan and he felt he had rightful ownership of the phone. Whatever. I've already talked to my mother and she along with my godmother will be filing restraining orders in the upcoming week.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Astonishing Member

Vetigoe writer, Eric Esquivel accused of sexual abuse and rape.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/1...al-misconduct/

Ramon Vilabolos, artist of Border Town, has given his response.
    https://twitter.com/RamonVillalobos/...53943633039362
    Not sure if anyone's talked about this.

I, surprisingly, kinda liked that book, and was invested in seeing how what was implied to only be the first installment of many play out. Border Town is usually not my kind of story (the egregious swears alone normally turn me off such "mature" fare right away). But this one kinda worked, at least for me, and I even started bonding with the character leads.

The reasons for the book getting immediately canned makes sense, and anything less would have looked poor on DC's part in this day and age, but...

I don't know. Should I feel bad about myself that I wish the book could have continued, at least to its final two issues?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Comic series from native American creator, based on Navajo folklore
    https://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...8hJ6jgY0Gvf8ck
    This looks interesting.
    Agreed. I'm going to have to put this in my "need to get" list (which should probs be an actual list at this rate). We need more of this kind.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Plus they're treading new territory with a movie like this. This will be the first animated movie featuring an interracial couple between a black man and a white woman. The fact that it took 2018 for us to reach this says a lot, but still. Sony's breaking new ground here, and it's about time we have that representation.
    Just wanted to point out that Miles's mother is Puerto Rican. Otherwise, as you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    https://twitter.com/BrandonVietti/st...P7Zfbm7kjYNG0g

Kaldur'ahm is going to be Aquaman in the new Young Justice season.
    This is total awesomeness! Kaldur has been completely absent in all promotional material until now. That was disconcerting, their policy against spoilers or not. Looking forward to see how it plays out. He definitely deserves such a promotion more than most, if any, of the other characters in Young Justice's universe.

My hope now is that we will actually get to follow Kaldur as Aquaman. I'm hoping this won't be another similar situation for him as it was in Season 2, were his storyline allegiances justified an overall absence in the story, and an overall lack of focus as a character and a hero. Compared to Dick Grayson, Kaldur got the short end of the stick, even with the compelling twist that his story beat brought. It came at the cost of a lack of Kaldur/Aqualad. With promo material seemingly focusing on Dick Grayson doing stuff and taking the lead, again, I'm hoping a similar thing does not repeat itself, only this time under the justification that Kaldur is Aquaman now so that's why he can get ongoing on-screen presence. A bit of a "worry-wort" thing, perhaps, but it is a worry.

Still great and awesome news, though!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Yeah she assured me and her son that she is doing fine.

Thanks everyone. Seemingly due to the threat of arrest everything has been returned with the exception of my mother's phone. I can only assume he kept that because they, along with my little sister, were some sort of family plan and he felt he had rightful ownership of the phone. Whatever. I've already talked to my mother and she along with my godmother will be filing restraining orders in the upcoming week.
    I'm just reading this.

I am glad to know your family is O.K. That's the most important thing.

If you can, make sure they follow thru on doing those Orders of Protection. I know they might feel it's a hassle but its necessary given the situation.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-24-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Just wanted to point out that Miles's mother is Puerto Rican. Otherwise, as you were.
    I just want point out that many "Puerto Ricans" were brought over on slave ship and Black is still accurate terminology. Black refers to Race aka White, Black, Asian,etc. Black racially means dark skin from African descent. Puerto Rican is a Ethnicity which refers a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition. Meaning Black,White and Asian people who grew up on that Island are Puerto Ricans. And that places like Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba where either colonies of Spain and Portugal participated in the slave trade. Making many people from those places descendants of Africa. I am not trying to remove great point of Miles's mom is Latino and Puerto Rican but I am just pointing the high likelihood that Rio Morales being Puerto Rican is of African descent. Otherwise, as you were.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The Haul

Spider-man PS4 (I'm saving up for a new mic so it's gonna be SO hard to resist buying all the new DLC content out for this game.)

xbox 1S which I'm going to use as trade-in credit towards an Xbox 1X so I can twitch-cast Anthem when that drops.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4 I loved the PS3 original so much. This game is going to drain my life.

Buncha clothes, buncha gift cards, a box of ax body spray. Good year for me. How's about youse?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I just want point out that many "Puerto Ricans" were brought over on slave ship and Black is still accurate terminology. Black refers to Race aka White, Black, Asian,etc. Black racially means dark skin from African descent. Puerto Rican is a Ethnicity which refers a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition. Meaning Black,White and Asian people who grew up on that Island are Puerto Ricans. And that places like Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba where either colonies of Spain and Portugal participated in the slave trade. Making many people from those places descendants of Africa. I am not trying to remove great point of Miles's mom is Latino and Puerto Rican but I am just pointing the high likelihood that Rio Morales being Puerto Rican is of African descent. Otherwise, as you were.
    Forgive me if I overstep myself.

This is the first I have seen of such that Puerto Rican is incorrect, or not politically correct. (I recall many pointing out that many others tend to forget that Miles isn't just Black American, but also Puerto Rican American; was even briefly touch on in recent books.)

Succinctly speaking, what is the issue and what would the proper way to refer to Rio Morales be? I cannot discern your words too clearly at this time (am still tired).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This is the first I have seen of such that Puerto Rican is incorrect, or not politically correct. (I recall many pointing out that many others tend to forget that Miles isn't just Black American, but also Puerto Rican American; was even briefly touch on in recent books.)

Succinctly speaking, what is the issue and what would the proper way to refer to Rio Morales be? I cannot discern your words too clearly at this time (am still tired).
    It's fine, she's Hispanic, everyone understands what you meant. Puerto Ricans are their own thing: They're black, but they're not African-American, so it's not like Miles is a double-dipping. He's still biracial.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

The Haul

Spider-man PS4 (I'm saving up for a new mic so it's gonna be SO hard to resist buying all the new DLC content out for this game.)

xbox 1S which I'm going to use as trade-in credit towards an Xbox 1X so I can twitch-cast Anthem when that drops.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4 I loved the PS3 original so much. This game is going to drain my life.

Buncha clothes, buncha gift cards, a box of ax body spray. Good year for me. How's about youse?
    I got two new resistance tubes, a 60lb and 100lb one. I'm definitely getting stronger. A hand grip to increase my grip strength too.

I got two tomb raider games, strider and Forza horizon 4. I plan on getting some trades from my lcs tomorrow.

Puerto Ricans are tri-racial, genetically and culturally speaking. From experience, they're proud of their mixed heritage (Spanish + Taino + African), so I think many would find it offensive to just link them to one race. La Raza Cosmica or La Raza Bronce as phrases exist in Latin America for a reason. So you're good...
    Last edited by El_Gato; 12-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Trailer for Us...

Astonishing Member

It's fine, she's Hispanic, everyone understands what you meant. Puerto Ricans are their own thing: They're black, but they're not African-American, so it's not like Miles is a double-dipping. He's still biracial.
    If Killerbee911 hasn't made any clarifications on their post, I'll re-read it later when I hopefully have a clearer ability to understand what they mean. And thank you, as well.