Page 13 of 827 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

BANNED

That looked all sorts of awesome.

And I'm somehow getting a strong Avatar: the Last Airbender/Legend Of Korra vibe from it.

Then again that is where Dave Filoni did his first work.

I've finally gotten around to watching Luke Cage, i was waiting until I had a mindless forced conference to sit at for hours, adn so far this season is absolute dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moon Girl works to me better as an animated film in the Big Hero 6 variety. Give it around a $100-120+ million dollar budget as an animated film where you can animate the T-Rex and have fun with the concept and it will work. (Big Hero 6 had a $165+ million dollar budget , this to me would be a bit cheaper but your kinda...hedging bets you can lure a young female audience to it) .
    In a perfect world MCU would make 4 movies a year, one for each season

1. Avengers roster
    2. Mutant roster
    3. Cosmic or Street
    4. Kids oriented

no feasible but would be a nice mix

(i wish street level was on the big screen instead of netflix but can't have it all)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah I would go animated too. Toys ALONE warrant an animated version.
    I wonder if marvel is wanting to see how the Miles animated movie does

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Having those villains back adds a whole new level of depth to the MCU.
    Honestly, screwt he mutants (and I like the xmen) and F4...

im giddy about KANG... give me KANG
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've finally gotten around to watching Luke Cage, i was waiting until I had a mindless forced conference to sit at for hours, adn so far this season is absolute dynamite.

In a perfect world MCU would make 4 movies a year, one for each season

1. Avengers roster
    2. Mutant roster
    3. Cosmic or Street
    4. Kids oriented

no feasible but would be a nice mix

I think Black Panther answered that question.

Like we saw with Finn and Panther-folks RAN to get those toys.

Finn toys were NOT the ones peg holding in stores. Heck Glover's Lando didn't either and both had to deal with lukewarm films.

Miles-probably won't have an issue since nobody has issues buying variants of Spider-folks.

Moon Girl-you have enough material to warrant some toys. Her school and lab as playsets. A stuff Dino. And if you REALLY want to go there-make sure her toys can fit the Marvel Legends or the current Marvel scale toys.

So now you have toys for both genders to play with.

Damn, you late as hell... now excuse me while I free my Infinity War Blu-Ray from it's cellophane. I hear there's alot of Thanos in this... and yes I need to finish the last couple eps of Cage... (hangs head). I am here for Kang tho, I'm blown away evertime I see Beatney as Vision so a live action Conqorer would be pretty cold.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I think Black Panther answered that question.

Like we saw with Finn and Panther-folks RAN to get those toys.

Finn toys were NOT the ones peg holding in stores. Heck Glover's Lando didn't either and both had to deal with lukewarm films.

Miles-probably won't have an issue since nobody has issues buying variants of Spider-folks.

Moon Girl-you have enough material to warrant some toys. Her school and lab as playsets. A stuff Dino. And if you REALLY want to go there-make sure her toys can fit the Marvel Legends or the current Marvel scale toys.

So now you have toys for both genders to play with.
    i just mean animated super hero movie in general, not specific to Miles.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, you late as hell... now excuse me while I free my Infinity War Blu-Ray from it's cellophane. I hear there's alot of Thanos in this... and yes I need to finish the last couple eps of Cage... (hangs head). I am here for Kang tho, I'm blown away evertime I see Beatney as Vision so a live action Conqorer would be pretty cold.
    yeah I don't want as many shows and movies and such in the summer because the kids are out of school and my wife is a teacher so she is out of school as well.

So, I tend to save stuff when school is in so I can watch in piece when im home alone or the boys are asleep earlier.

plus I bought a ps4 and its been sucking my free time instead

Finn toys were NOT the ones peg holding in stores.
    I don't mean this to be rude, but they were. The Black Series Finn figure developed a fan reputation for peg warming, unfortunately, to the point where collectors jokingly took to calling him the new Greedo. It's why I was hoping they'd give him a new look for Episode IX. As it stands his current look isn't really all that toyetic. He just looks like some random dude.

That's probably why all the Finn merchandise for The Last Jedi had him in his Imperial disguise, so he at least looks more like a sci-fi character.

The release date is gonna be interesting to see. There's way too much stuff coming out in December of this year.

Ultimate Member

yeah I don't want as many shows and movies and such in the summer because the kids are out of school and my wife is a teacher so she is out of school as well.

So, I tend to save stuff when school is in so I can watch in piece when im home alone or the boys are asleep earlier.

plus I bought a ps4 and its been sucking my free time instead
    Your journey has only just begun -- part of me believes that pretty soon we'll all be living a large part of our leisure time in a virtual avatar state: not quite Ready Player One level but close -- which (in my opinion) is still head and shoulders above sitting around and watching TV like past generations did.

Technology like "ABC Mouse" is proving that interactivity is key to growth and that the learning process neither has to be limited nor boring.

Coincidentally, it was Scott McCloud's "Understanding Comics" that started me thinking this way when he pointed out that new media and technologies -- like comic books and video games -- are almost always ridiculed by older generations before hitting their prime once the younger generation becomes the most relevant demographic.

------
    "Massive PS4 Game Sale Now Live On The US PlayStation Store"

Alien: Isolation - The Collection -- $16 ($12 with PS Plus)
    Batman: Return to Arkham -- $12 ($10)
    Battlefield 1 -- $12 ($8)
    BioShock: The Collection -- $25 ($20)
    BlazBlue: Central Fiction -- $30 ($24)
    Burnout Paradise Remastered -- $18 ($15)
    Danganronpa 1-2 Reload -- $24 ($20)
    God of War -- $40 ($35)
    Grand Theft Auto V -- $21 ($20)
    Gravity Rush Remastered -- $13.50 ($10.50)
    Gravity Rush 2 -- $15 ($13)
    Horizon: Zero Dawn: Complete Edition -- $16 ($12)
    Infamous First Light -- $7.50 ($6)
    Infamous Second Son -- $9 ($7)
    Injustice 2: Legendary Edition -- $36 ($30)
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance -- $45 ($39)
    Knack 2 -- $15 ($13)
    Life is Strange -- $6 ($4)
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition -- $12.50 ($10)
    Mega Man Collection -- $7.50 ($6)
    Mega Man Collection 2 -- $14 ($12)
    Metro Redux -- $10.50 ($7.50)
    Mortal Kombat XL -- $12 ($10)
    Persona 5 -- $35 ($30)
    Ratchet & Clank -- $9 ($7)
    Resident Evil 7 -- $22.50 ($20)
    Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration -- $21 ($15)
    Star Wars Battlefront II -- $20 ($16)
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection -- $10 ($8)
    Uncharted 4 -- $12 ($10)
    Uncharted: Lost Legacy -- $15 ($12)
    Until Dawn -- $6 ($5)
    The Witcher 3: Complete Edition -- $25 ($20)
    Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma -- $20 ($16)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6461237/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-18-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Rest in peace, Aretha Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't mean this to be rude, but they were. The Black Series Finn figure developed a fan reputation for peg warming, unfortunately, to the point where collectors jokingly took to calling him the new Greedo. It's why I was hoping they'd give him a new look for Episode IX. As it stands his current look isn't really all that toyetic. He just looks like some random dude.

That's probably why all the Finn merchandise for The Last Jedi had him in his Imperial disguise, so he at least looks more like a sci-fi character.
    From my way too many travels to Target and Walmart and going through the toy area with kids... SW toys simply didn't seem to move.

I find something like Star Wars to be a weird demographic toy wise. Super young kids aren't gonna watch Kylo stab people. And at a certain age, an age that is getting younger and younger IMO because of ipads and video games, kids don't play with toys anymore.

My oldest is 6 and he will play with paw patrol, pj mask, super heroes, ect... but has no interested in star wars outside of a light saber (bc it sa sword) and then he knows he darth vader is somehow. (some of that is because I don't watch star wars movies in front of him either)

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Your journey has only just begun -- part of me believes that pretty soon we'll all be living a large part of our leisure time in a virtual avatar state: not quite Ready Player One level but close -- which (in my opinion) is still head and shoulders above sitting around and watching TV like past generations did.
    I forgot how addicting this **** is. Especially with how my brain works. I have to take breaks in between games because i just play play play play play play until i beat something. Time just evaporates... i look over and its been hours.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

You are not rude for the record.

I have seen movie Solo, Rogue One cast, Rey & a few others peg warm to the point Wal-mart got them for $5 at most Wal-Marts here and even moved them to the FRONT of the building to get rid of them.

Now the version of Finn you are talking about-of the 3 Black Series Finns-that is the one I will see in the used market. I would say that Stormtrooper one is the one everyone wants.

The release date is gonna be interesting to see. There's way too much stuff coming out in December of this year.
    Depends on where you live.

It comes out 12/14/2018. In Dallas that is the Friday-before final exams and early release for middle/high school students. For us that starts on the 14th. So by noon-our kids will be out of school and that would be every school in Texas-who didn't start school last week.

Looking at other states-it seems you will have kids out the Friday after it's out. Audience target wise it's fine.

Ultimate Member

From my way too many travels to Target and Walmart and going through the toy area with kids... SW toys simply didn't seem to move.

I find something like Star Wars to be a weird demographic toy wise. Super young kids aren't gonna watch Kylo stab people. And at a certain age, an age that is getting younger and younger IMO because of ipads and video games, kids don't play with toys anymore.

My oldest is 6 and he will play with paw patrol, pj mask, super heroes, ect... but has no interested in star wars outside of a light saber (bc it sa sword) and then he knows he darth vader is somehow. (some of that is because I don't watch star wars movies in front of him either)
    Don't get me started on those Star Wars girl dolls. Peg warmers-even at Toys R Us at 80% off.

The cast for power rangers beast morphers

Attachment 69530

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The cast for power rangers beast morphers

Attachment 69530
    Innnnnnnteresting. Aren't those the Go-buster outfits? Isn't that show like ten years old, now? I mean I liked it (I'm a big mark for Sentai shows), but it's interesting that they're going backwards. Not that I'm complaining, because they had some killer looking zords on that show, and now maybe I can pick some up at Wal-mart.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."